Lil Wayne watch WWE ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Weezy_KB24 View Post
    No. They're just generally well known people...
    I been pimpin' since Hulk Hogan was N.W.O, yeah
    I'm wild, Drizzy tough, and the Kid vicious
    The three horseman, we just need Sid Vicious ........................... One Of My Favorite Wayne Verses Of All Time!!!! but Yea he had to watch wrestling to be detailed like that & know The Three Horseman

Comment

replace the word sport with movie and your on to sumthin..

dont tarnish the word sport..

its not a sport

Comment

Originally posted by EatYourSpinach View Post
        Couple problems with your logic here.

Being injured in this performance does not make it real or authentic. People are injured while filming movies, it does not mean Superman is real. Superman is entertaining, it does not make it a sport.

When they say WWE is fake they aren't talking about the skill it takes to perform, they're talking about the inauthentic nature of it. It isn't a legitimate match to see who can win. It isn't a battle between athletes to demonstrate athletic superiority. These are features that make sports "real" and things like professional wrestling "fake". It's scripted and the winners are decided before hand, this is not how it is presented, hence why it's called fake. No team enters the Super Bowl knowing the outcome, the same is not true entering a Wrestlemania. "Real" vs. "Fake".

Also, everytime the human body hits the mat it is not "equivalent to being in a deadly car crash". You know what makes a car crash deadly? Someone dies, it's literally what the word deadly means. The human body does not die every time it hits the mat. Further, professional wrestlers are actually trained how to fall and land on a mat safely when performing. This is another reason why people call this fake. Sure people can be injured while performing in professional wrestling. Just as many were injured in accidents while performing on the Spider-man broadway musical, this does not mean Spider-man is real and it does not mean Spider-man is a sport. It simply means that occasionally professionals are injured while entertaining audiences.

I get that you're proud of your dad and that's cool. And that list of injuries is nothing to sneeze at, every concussion does serious brain damage (one of the reasons I'm not a fan of this stuff overall). I'll even take your side against the whole 'only white trash watch wrestling' thing. There is some truth there. According to the demographics for the WWE it is largely younger white males from lower income households, but it's not absolute and there is still a large portion of other races and from higher incomes. It is not 'only white trash' and that's an offensive and racist claim.

But the rest of your argument here is just weak and there's no need to insult people over it. I feel for you man, it's hard to like wrestling in this day and age and when you mix in your family history there's no wonder you're out to prove something. But maybe you should let this one go. It's an issue that sounds too close to you personally. You know your dad and that personal experience is always going to be different from the people watching it at home. Just let those haters hate.

Comment

Working...
        X