Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why I was dissapointed with Carter 4 (Good Read)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why I was dissapointed with Carter 4 (Good Read)

Ya'll remember this?

Lil' Wayne - Light Up (Rikers Verse) CLEAR VERSION - YouTube

That's his riker's island verse on Drake's song Light up ft jay z. Now how many verses on the carter 4 are better than this verse?

Carter 4 had good songs on it, I think people who disagree with that have a very narrow standard on what makes a good hip hop song. It's not just lyrics or concepts, but sound, production, delivery in addition to those two as well. The carter 4 did not suffer from having bad songs, it' suffered from having mediocre, trend following lyrics by an artist whose capable of so much more ( as shown in the president carter speech and opening verse). Wiith this said Weezy isn't totally to blame for the carter 4 being disappointing. Mack Maine and Tez also share the blame for not having the foresight to put up up and away, mirrors, novocane, dear Anne ( with or without new lyrics) and even the track told y'all ( with or without new lyrics). I mean not as bonus but on the official album itself.

The problem is if you put these tracks on which do they take out? How to hate and nightmares of the bottom definitley could''ve been left as bonus tracks, especially since wayne had been performing the latter on tour for months. John also should've been left as a bonus track and even weezy himself said he just put it out there not necessarily for the carter 4.

Check out the tracklist below. I believe this would've made carter 4 meet expectations if not surpass it and i think it still would've sold around the same.

1. President Carter ( first verse and speech only)
    2. Blunt Blowin
    3. MegaMan
    4. 6 Foot 7 Foot (Feat. Cory Gunz) *
    5. She Will (Feat. Drake) *
    6.Novocane
    7. Up up and Away
    8. Interlude (Feat. Tech N9ne)(with weezy verse)
    9. )Dear Anne
    10. How To Love
    11. So Special (Feat. John Legend)
    12. Told Ya'll
    13. Its Good (Feat. Drake & Jadakiss)
    14. Outro (Feat. Bun B, Nas, Shyne & Busta Rhymes)
    (with weezy verse, diff name?)
    15. Mirrors ft Bruno mars

Bonus
    Nightmares of the Bottom
    How to hate
    I got some money on me
    John
    Abortion

Like this carter 4 would've a) received much better reviews b) been much better overal in all the categories that make a good hip hop album.
    I scrapped the entire into and replaced it with president carter cause the into was mediocre and set a mediocre tone for the album. Imagine hearing the first verse and speech at the beginning that would get you SOOO Hype!!
    But even like this weezy would need to put better lyrics on megaman, (more complex like his verse on light up), polish up the lyrics on It's Good (keep the jay diss thouh definitley and I'm a huge jay fan) and come with two really dope verses for the Interlude and Outro (maybe split wayne's world up and put a verse in each. better yet have the interlude and outro called wayne's world 1 and wayne's world 2). Damn, could've been near classic like carter 2!

p.S. yall know im still looking forward to c5, c6, i cant feel my face, like father like son 2, rebirth 2, wayne/drake, wayne/gudda etc etc

Re: Why I was dissapointed with Carter 4 (Good Read)

I'm feel ya

Totally agree, and if that tracklist looked like that, it would be dopper as an album.

But hey, as u said tez and Mack get most of the blame for not putting the album as it should be.
    Originally posted by Shake
    Why so negative all the time???

Comment

i guess i agree with a lot of what you say I just wish the carter IV stretched from post CIII to post jail recordings. At least that way we wouldn't have known for sure that he had lost it because there would have been fire tracks from when he still had it like that.
      They made a mistake by letting all those gems leak...told yall, go getter, Kobe Bryant song would have been a welcoming surprise as well...
      although a little outdated for 2011 but you get the point

but w.e im excited for the juelz album...dont really care about the carter series that much anymore

Comment

even with his previous albums i feel that there are songs that really should be put on albums regardless of if they leak or not because of how good they are. j cole put three old songs on cole world but it didnt take away from the album. with the carter 3 goosip and love me or hate me should've made the physical cd for sure not a seperate ep, cause now ppl sleep on love me or hate me which is a really dope song. I kinda wish weezy signed to jay back in the day cause jay z knows what he's doing when it comes to sequencing albums and not letting gems slip away.

p.s. if it's jay vs wayne, im with wayne haha kidnap your bitch make you get that how much you love your lady money!!!!! i know you fake NIGGA

Comment

Yeah, I would much rather have old songs that we already have (Told Y'all) on C4 rather than ones we wouldn't have.

Oh please. C4 is perfect just the way it is.

Inb4 Bruno Mars

To be honest, I'm disappointed with your spelling.
          Last edited by Sportz; 09-28-2011, 03:04 PM.

Comment

Wouldnt Of made a difference on album sales and wayne is all about that dinero.

#KnuckIfYouBuckBoiii

Comment

i am agree with you bro,this tracklist makes a perfect album.

Comment

Yes we would rather two year old song that is dope than a new wack song
                Mississippi x California x North Carolina

Comment

Originally posted by Sportz View Post
                  Yeah, I would much rather have old songs that we already have (Told Y'all) on C4 rather than ones we wouldn't have.

Oh please. C4 is perfect just the way it is.

Inb4 Bruno Mars

To be honest, I'm disappointed with your spelling.
                  Allow me to formerly apologize for all the spelling errors made. You're not really getting the message. I said c4 had good songs but the lyrics of those songs needed work. told yall lyrically is better than a lot of c4 songs because it's not following trendy lyrics and the lyrics it does have are dope, not to mention that God flow he uses on there. But i understand your a wayne fan, so you're hurt that im pointing out his flaws. I am a wayne fan as well and have about 4gb worth of wayne music. But im also a fan of hip hop so as such these flaws must be pointed out, I want him to improve. "all about progression, loiterers should be arrested"

p.s. i aplogize if there are any spelling errors in this relply...

Comment

Originally posted by daddison View Post
                    Allow me to formerly apologize for all the spelling errors made. You're not really getting the message. I said c4 had good songs but the lyrics of those songs needed work. told yall lyrically is better than a lot of c4 songs because it's not following trendy lyrics and the lyrics it does have are dope, not to mention that God flow he uses on there. But i understand your a wayne fan, so you're hurt that im pointing out his flaws. I am a wayne fan as well and have about 4gb worth of wayne music. But im also a fan of hip hop so as such these flaws must be pointed out, I want him to improve. "all about progression, loiterers should be arrested"

p.s. i aplogize if there are any spelling errors in this relply...
                    No. I don't think YOU understand. If Told Y'all was on the album, then we would have gotten one less new song on C4. C4 is Wayne's best work. C4 is a classic.

Comment

Originally posted by Sportz View Post
                      No. I don't think YOU understand. If Told Y'all was on the album, then we would have gotten one less new song on C4. C4 is Wayne's best work. C4 is a classic.
                      Too bad your the only person on earth that thinks that...
                      Mississippi x California x North Carolina

Comment

Originally posted by Cli-City View Post
                        Too bad your the only person on earth that thinks that...
                        Not the only person. Just one of the few that doesn't care how others feel about his orkids her opinion.

Comment

Working...
                        X