Was Tha Carter IV really THAT bad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was Tha Carter IV really THAT bad?

Now there have been a lot of threads like this but I just thought that I'd mention it wasn't that bad of an album. The only thing it lacked was ... emotional songs. Songs that touched close to Wayne..
    As for lyrics, I loved c4. He had some catchy shit in there if you really listen... and he has a mixture of high voice/deep voice. And I think the album deserved a 4/5 . I do think Take Care is better.. but that's a different subject .
    Anyway, vote on how many stars you'd give Tha Carter IV.
    REALLY THINK ABOUT IT . And don't just put 1 star with no reasoning... same for 5 stars.
    1 stars
    0%
    2 stars
    0%
    3 stars
    0%
    4 stars
    0%
    5 stars
    0%

The poll is expired.

Tha Carter Franchise <3

Re: Was Tha Carter IV really THAT bad?

Ayo you one of the cool members on here but

what the fuck man

Comment

I would give it 3 and a half... so I just gave it 4.

Because it really isn't bad at all (imo)

It's just not as good as I wanted it to be.

Comment

The album could have been better, and should have been better with all the hype and push backs it had, but the album was still decent and the sales prove it. Some of the people hating on the album are the people who prefer his old music, while the rest of the people hating on the album are jumping on the band wagon because it's cool.

Comment

It ain't bad, just disappointing.

It's a good album compared to alot of albums that ever got released, but the only reason ppl hated it coz it wasn't on the same level C1 C2 C3 where in.

But it was complete bangers.
          Originally posted by Shake
          Why so negative all the time???

Comment

imo the album deserves a 4/5

People say shit about the lyrics what they dont understand..
            they think about the literally translation, but most of em lines on C4 has a sort of story behind it.

and it didnt deserved mine last star, but thats because of the Lazyness of Wayne.

Comment

3 stars ......
              "Always had a black tool,even when i was at school 'cuz bullies aren't bulletproof..."

Comment

2/5 no replay value, thats key. take care i cant stop playing. wayne needs emotion and subject matter that hits home to his audience....for example, outro on president carter, or any lyrics on rebirth. rebirth > c4

Comment

this community in particular loves to whine about how wayne is declining and i think some of his older work is becoming overrated, while alot of the newer stuff is underrated.

wayne has put out plenty of stuff in 2011 that is more aggressive and on beat than the average of all of his work, but alot of people won't give him credit for it.

However, C4 did have some lyrics in it that was incredibly cheesy for lil wayne. "you don't need a buss pass for me to bust your ass" was used in a chorus, and wtf was with "have it your way burger king"?

And again on the other hand She Will is lyrically >>>> the average of wayne's old work

this is why i have a tough time summing up C4, it's not consistent enough to be 5 star, but it's got enough individual decent tracks (blunt blowing, up up & away, she will, intro, megaman, john) to keep it from me considering a 3/5 star type album. And on top of that How to Love is a huge hit, as is 6 ft 7 ft.

imo C4 is incredibly underrated with this community, and honestly if C4 came out back in the day as C1, and the old C1 came out today as C4, people would HATE it.

Comment

I voted 3 stars.

I really loved some songs on there, and on the bad songs there were also good lines. But some lines were to stupid to be put on a Carter-album, and it was really half-ass work here and there.
                    I thought Wayne was a perfectionist, but this album shows that he can't be tbh.

But overall I enjoyed the most of the album, it was just dissapointin' when ya think about it is the fourth Carter album. And yes this album is kinda underrated, cause ppl hate too much on it. It wasn't as bad as ppl makes it.

Comment

3 stars, like the other said, it wasnt that bad of a album, i was just disappointed as fuck

Comment

Originally posted by ABjerg View Post
                        I voted 3 stars.

I really loved some songs on there, and on the bad songs there were also good lines. But some lines were to stupid to be put on a Carter-album, and it was really half-ass work here and there.
                        I thought Wayne was a perfectionist, but this album shows that he can't be tbh.

But overall I enjoyed the most of the album, it was just dissapointin' when ya think about it is the fourth Carter album. And yes this album is kinda underrated, cause ppl hate too much on it. It wasn't as bad as ppl makes it.
                        This. Don't really know about that stuff about being a perfectionist. I think he didn't even realize how corny some of the shit he rapped was..

Comment

Working...
                        X