Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Was Tha Carter IV really THAT bad?

Originally posted by THEREALDJBMURDER View Post
    2/5 no replay value, thats key. take care i cant stop playing. wayne needs emotion and subject matter that hits home to his audience....for example, outro on president carter, or any lyrics on rebirth. rebirth > c4
    Doubtful you would have stood up for rebirth when it came out. With wayne, the newer, the more underrated, even if it's not his best work.

Comment

It really wasn't bad. It wasn't great but people are overreacting (ex: saying it's worse than IANAHB). It's more of an album where you enjoy the songs because of the vibe they give off.

I like Tha Carter IV

I did find it funny that when S4TW came out everyone was acting like it was the worst thing ever then August 29th hit and it was all of a sudden a dope mixtape lol

I stood up for S4TW from the beginning tho as well as TCIV
      "Armed and dangerous, rich and famous, young and restless
      Guns and stretchers
      Cristal and dubs for breakfast
      I just got one suggestion - none should test him
      'Cause cuz get hectic; send one through your sons intestines
      Glocks knock lungs from chests, you get the portrait?
      Bodies piled up on porches, it won't be gorgeous"

Comment

Originally posted by THEREALDJBMURDER View Post
        2/5 no replay value, thats key. take care i cant stop playing. wayne needs emotion and subject matter that hits home to his audience....for example, outro on president carter, or any lyrics on rebirth. rebirth > c4

So you prefer Prom Queen, On Fire, and Drop the World over john, she will, mirror, and all those rappers including wayne jumping on that dope ass intro beat?

How long have you been a lil wayne fan?

Also what's an example of a lyric from rebirth that has "emotion and subject matter"? And please don't come up with a line that could be applied to anyone

Comment

from my first listening to c4 til now i always did think great about it
          downt know why so much people hate it
          i like every song on it(on take care i dont like doing it wrong btw) and pres carter is one of the best song in his carier and his flow and lyrics are amazing on it
          only didnt really like the beats so i gave it 4/5

Comment

For how many damn times it got pushed back I was expecting something amazing, but I was severely disappointed. WAY too much supa dupa flow, Wayne let other rappers show him up completely on his own CD, and overall it was just very lackluster. It's sad when a mixtape he decided to drop out of nowhere (S4TW) is better than a fucking Carter album.

Comment

Originally posted by Tunechi Lionches View Post

I did find it funny that when S4TW came out everyone was acting like it was the worst thing ever then August 29th hit and it was all of a sudden a dope mixtape lol

I stood up for S4TW from the beginning tho as well as TCIV
              lol ok you not lyin....i did project a lot of negativity towards s4tw when that came out, but tbh it was moreso my overall disappointment speakin. the actual mixtape doe was better than i gave it credit for, you right xD. jus gotta be careful what i compare it to...i like almost every song off carter4 for any given reason, and felt it was somehow a tribute album to everything he has done and become. but it took me to understand what i wanted it to be and what it was. 3 or 4 stars idk.

Comment

2/5.

S4TW isn't good either. Just prefer it to C4... Wayne did not deliver on this album. Wish they pushed it back and he re-re-recorded it.

Comment

its not that bad, i just thought it would be better, it was disappointing

Comment

IM TIRED OF THREADS LIKE THIS.

You guys who think the Carter IV was bad held up wayyyy too high. You guys expected so much out of the album, and you think it sucks because it couldnt meet your HIGH ASS expectations.

If you guys stop fucking comparing waynes new work to his old work then there wouldn't be a problem.

He is just one man, he can please EVERY SINGLE FAN out there.

Every person who says they don't like carter 4 always has to go and say, oh it sucked compared to C3/ C2 blah blah blah.

If I made a fucking exceptional album 1 year ago, and everybody loved it and called it my best album ever, then I go and make an album this year, of course people are gonna think it sucked

Comment

Originally posted by KidComet View Post
                      IM TIRED OF THREADS LIKE THIS.

You guys who think the Carter IV was bad held up wayyyy too high. You guys expected so much out of the album, and you think it sucks because it couldnt meet your HIGH ASS expectations.

If you guys stop fucking comparing waynes new work to his old work then there wouldn't be a problem.

He is just one man, he can please EVERY SINGLE FAN out there.

Every person who says they don't like carter 4 always has to go and say, oh it sucked compared to C3/ C2 blah blah blah.

If I made a fucking exceptional album 1 year ago, and everybody loved it and called it my best album ever, then I go and make an album this year, of course people are gonna think it sucked
                      That is what we call fallacious logic.

Comment

Originally posted by Sportz View Post
                        That is what we call fallacious logic.
                        Not to be nosy, but what's is fallacious logic?

Comment

Originally posted by AyoMostDopeMaye View Post
                          Not to be nosy, but what's is fallacious logic?
                          Sorry: deceptive logic. The fact that the public perceives one album in one way has no bearing on how they will unbiasedly perceive the next album.

Comment

Working...
                          X