Was Tha Carter IV really THAT bad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Was Tha Carter IV really THAT bad?

Yeah it was "that bad" compared to CIII !!
    "Nothings promised but a graveyard cant
    see myself dyin broke Ray Charles"

"Your flow never wet, like grandma pussy, i'm always good, like grandma cookies"

Comment

Originally posted by georgii View Post
      Yeah it was "that bad" compared to CIII !!
      I don't think that was the question. =/

Comment

It was a solid album, not what I expected it to be as in filled with punchlines and metaphors but lyrics were still good besides some filler lines that were wack. But i think Wayne just lacks emotion now. Like in Take Care, Cole World, my favorite albums recently, you can definitely feel the emotion put into the songs. C4 was good tho not hating

Comment

Originally posted by Sportz View Post
          I don't think that was the question. =/
          Well i was saying it was "that bad" and then i compared it to CIII and CIV sounds like shit compared to it catch my wave bruh
          "Nothings promised but a graveyard cant
          see myself dyin broke Ray Charles"

"Your flow never wet, like grandma pussy, i'm always good, like grandma cookies"

Comment

Originally posted by YoungMoneyEnt
            Now there have been a lot of threads like this but I just thought that I'd mention it wasn't that bad of an album. The only thing it lacked was ... emotional songs. Songs that touched close to Wayne..
            As for lyrics, I loved c4. He had some catchy shit in there if you really listen... and he has a mixture of high voice/deep voice. And I think the album deserved a 4/5 . I do think Take Care is better.. but that's a different subject .
            Anyway, vote on how many stars you'd give Tha Carter IV.
            REALLY THINK ABOUT IT . And don't just put 1 star with no reasoning... same for 5 stars.
            Same ol shit just a different day. Tbh ain't nobody thinkin bout Tha carter IV no mo. I'm mad azz fuck I bout 3

Comment

I agree that it lacked emotional songs, and it lacked staying power for me aka I didn't listen to it exclusively for months like I have with some Wayne. I also didn't catch new rhymes and meanings on subsequent listens like I usually do with Wayne; I pretty much got everything on the first listen. It didn't blow me away on the first listen; Wayne has literally been so good in the past I have teared up and gotten chills (no homo) which did not happen with C4. It grew on me the more I listened to it and I consider it a solid album that goes hard; not his best by any stretch, but I don't consider it a flop or a terrible album like many have tried to say.

Comment

No question it was shit and the worst album of the year

Comment

Awful "piece of work"
                  THIS AIN'T NOTHING TO RELATE TO.

last.fm || twitter

Comment

im tired of explaining the point of C4, clearly people are just straight up dumb and dont understand simple logic

yes it was bad but its intent was different than all of his other albums

3 stars tho....

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Xclusive View Post
                      im tired of explaining the point of C4, clearly people are just straight up dumb and dont understand simple logic

I think I've read the majority of your posts on this topic, but I'm not sure what you are talking about. What was the album's intent?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Xclusive View Post

3 stars tho....
                        album = album

stop coming up with these lame ass excuses
                        THIS AIN'T NOTHING TO RELATE TO.

last.fm || twitter

Comment

for me it wasnt bad
                          just not worthy of being called Tha Carter

Comment

Working...
                          X