Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The debate of Wayne on drugs = better music!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The debate of Wayne on drugs = better music!

I'm gonna start this off with a quote on what someone said in the 'Rare pictures thread' cos it's what made me type most of this and then I realised it would just be more appropriate in it's own topic rather than going off topic in the wrong thread.

Originally posted by jakobe View Post
    i swear some of yall "fans" must be lil teens cause the shit yall say on here is dumb as hell.what make you think drugs or syrup makes wayne or ANYBODY for that matter? that shit doesnt enhance nothing it takes away from you! wayne just has to apply himself more thats all. his older music from the 90's when he was young was better than the stuff he did when he was on drugs and syrup so what does that tell yall?!! smh
    You clearly don't know much because he was on drugs most of his life... Not sure about the syrup but the weed since he was 11 at least. So you can't argue that his stuff back then was good and he was sober because he wasn't lol....

I always hate this argument, when people want him back on drugs and then others abuse them and say drugs don't make you better he is still the same person bla bla bla.

At the end of the day, drugs and whatever he was on back in them days of him being a beast all added together and went towards his persona, along with whatever other things that were going on in his life, they were a part of him therefore did effect how he made music creatively. Not saying it solely depends on drugs him being his beasty self, but they were all part of it. I just hate it when people on here just take it completely off the table and try make people look stupid when they mention about him being back on drugs and it effecting his music.

Say a rappers dad dies (just an example)... Then he goes and makes one of the best songs in his career all emotional, lyrically amazing, just dope, then someone comes along and goes his dad dying had nothing to do with how good that song was, he can easily make something just as good if he applies himself.... Of course it had something to do with it, things that happen in some ones life, things they do, things they are on all effect what they do and what inspire them...

Now whether drugs got him in the frame of mind where he wanted to be the best, and applied himself to the best of his ability or not, it's something we will never know, so it's irrelevant someone just wiping it off the table and saying they didn't have anything to do with it.

Nobody will ever know, he could have just wanted that best rapper alive title and then after he got it, lost interest and has gone onto his skating and shit, or the drugs made him want it more deep down and if he were to get back on them, we would see more of the old Wayne. We will probably just never know. But it's just as stupid to say drugs have nothing to do with Wayne making good music as it is to say that they do.

There we go... State your thoughts and if you think I'm completely wrong or if you agree or what... This is just what I think & I thought it's something that needed to be cleared up because it's an ongoing debate I see very often and as I said the morons who say drugs 100% have nothing to do with him making better music are just as ignorant as the people who say the drugs 100% are what make him better.

Sorry for the essay guys, hopefully this will give a good debate and something to talk about through this try spell of no Wayne music & the forums being a bit dead on good threads lately.

Peace

Originally posted by Kuzz View Post
    Now whether drugs got him in the frame of mind where he wanted to be the best, and applied himself to the best of his ability or not, it's something we will never know
    I think this. If you watch any old interview, (especially the ones where he was all fucked up on syrup, like the semtex interview) he was saying "I am music, I'm the best", and "if you feel offended by anything I say or do, do somethin".

I think his "I'm the best" mentality definitely had something to do with the drugs he was on. When you're on a drug your perception on life is normally much different than when you're not on drugs, and his was simply: work hard, be the best, make money.

With that said, I think his jail stint had a lot to do with the lack of effort we see now. After going in there and coming out, I'm sure his experience made him reevaluate himself and he wants to actually enjoy life now. So yeah, I think it was jail and the lack of drugs that made him start to do what he does now.

Comment

I'm sure that's a cool story but I didn't read

Comment

Agreed.... and Wayne's been smoking weed since atleast 11, syrup since 16, pills since atleast 19 and coke since atleast 24.

He's been high all his life.

Comment

i wouldnt count weed as a drug. do they enhance creativity? yes they do.

A lot of artists do this. BUT the reasoning has changed.

back in the 30/40s all the blues players where playing for a coffee and a hot dog, making white man rich.

people like zeplin, jimi, joplin, morrison etc idolized them and felt bad they where making lots of money for the music they did.

so they wanted to be like their idols and PRESCRIBED to the drugs the depressed blues players where doing

when they did weed, even coke things where fine. once they did heroine it was a wrap and they all died one by one.

(the 27 club)

lil wayne has always made good music its just the consistency of now that is not a good ratio which has been better in the past.

either way...

Comment

The drugs obviously helped him with his music. Think about how weird it would be to rap on weed and syrup for almost 20 years and then get off cold turkey and try and be the same dude. He's still adapting, and jail made him slow down a lot, not in the way the syrup did haha.

Comment

Comment

this entire debate is pointless. wayne is still on drugs, believe it or not. it would be a given even without the plethora of condemning pictures, videos, and songs that have been released since he was out of jail. everyone is forgetting that this guy has so much fucking money!

Comment

Kuzz, your right. But what I hate is that now ppl will hate on the song or verse (even tho it's good) just coz its sober Wayne. I mean we get it, Wayne on drugs is a great rapper but that doesn't mean his raps now (and by now I mean very lately) are bad, coz they are good..
                  Originally posted by Shake
                  Why so negative all the time???

Comment

Originally posted by KingEz514 View Post
                    Agreed.... and Wayne's been smoking weed since atleast 11, syrup since 16, pills since atleast 19 and coke since atleast 24.

He's been high all his life.
                    he started with drugs at 9

Comment

It's nothing to do with the drugs. He's just not on his "I'm the best" mentality since prison. Simple as that.

Comment

Originally posted by ajlfc92 View Post
                        It's nothing to do with the drugs. He's just not on his "I'm the best" mentality since prison. Simple as that.
                        No.

Comment

Working...
                        X