No announcement yet.

Best Songs off Dedication 1?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I honestly don't know how you can compare it to D2. Half of Dedication I is just him talking.

Comment

blukkah blukkah to your face, closed casket!

Comment

I don't even listen to d2 until i've got through d1. I just let itunes do it for me.

Comment

Originally posted by BrewCityYM View Post

---------- Post added at 10:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 PM ----------

U should be banned
          lol, GTFO kid. You're acting like I said Dedication 3 was better than D2. I said Dedication 1 is, and I'll stand by that. D2 is nice, but D1, DD3, Suffix and possibly Prefix are better.

Comment

Originally posted by breezy214 View Post
            lol, GTFO kid. You're acting like I said Dedication 3 was better than D2. I said Dedication 1 is, and I'll stand by that. D2 is nice, but D1, DD3, Suffix and possibly Prefix are better.
            Dedication 2 is probably Wayne's most free associative, creatively relaxed and lively work ever.

That shit was both energetic and vicious + leaned out and emotional at the same time.

"Catch up bitch I'm in gear three!"

Comment

D2>D1.....it's evident beyond belief...

Comment

Originally posted by breezy214 View Post
                EVERYTHING. GOAT Wayne tape. D2 has nothing on it. Yeah I said it.

im with this.

though i kind of sleep on d2.
                cos i think dedication 1 is so good.

but front to back dedication one is sooo stupid.
                its like he recorded the entire tape in one take. he was in such a zone.

you could tell how hungry he was. and what a unique moment it was.
                he was on the cusp of the beginning his takeover. he knew it. and he wanted it.
                and rapped like it. on some shit. i think thats wayne most metaphysical tape.
                the lyrics behind it mean wayyyyyyyy too much.

i think, and ive noticed that it seems to happen a bit in hiphop,
                that dedication 2 has better stand out records than d1. its hard to top cannon.
                or spitter or dedication 2 or what have you. but front to back.

as one solid cohesive listen.
                im taking dedication 1.

Comment

Working...
                X