Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The history of Lil Wayne vs. Pusha T (and The Clipse)�2006 to 2012
    After the jump
    Both Kid Cudi and Malice voice their thoughts on the recent Twitter wars.
    A history recap below:
    Lil Wayne on the cover of Vibe Magazine (April, 2006) wearing A Bathing Ape.
    Note: Prior to that BAPE was most prominently worn in hip hop circles by Pharrell and The Clipse.
    The Clipse subliminally diss Lil Wayne on �Mr. Me Too� (off Hell Hath No Fury).
    Note: In the video, the �Mr. Me Too� posers are dressed in Bape.
    Lyrics: �Niggas is haters, I�m doing deals like the majors
    Ice Cream Sneakers, I signed my first skater
    So you can pay three and buy yourself some bapestas
    Bulletproof under T-shirts because they hate us�
    Wanna know the time? Better clock us
    Niggaz bite the style from the shoes to the watches�
    Lil Wayne goes off on The Clipse in Complex (writer Toshitaka Kondo, Dec, 2006):
    Lil Wayne: I thought the whole �Mr. Me Too� video was about me, to tell you the damn truth. They think I want to be like them. I�m on a million-dollar bus going around the world charging people from $50,000 to $150,000 for verses, and I got 77 songs in magazines and I got a billion more. Do the math; you think I�m trying to be like you? No sir.
    Complex: I�m sure you�ve heard�one of the things [The Clipse have] been saying is like �Yo, all these dudes, now they do the BAPE and coke rap� But before, that was us. We were the ones who started that.� How do you feel about that?
    Lil Wayne: I don�t rap about no coke. He ain�t talking about me. I don�t rap about no coke. I�ve been rich since I was 14 years old�off of selling records. I do not rap about no damn coke. If I say anything about coke, I speak the truth about it. I don�t go talking about I got none.
    I ain�t got no bricks or I�m cooking up�for what? Why is you rapping then? If you cooking up coke what the fuck are you rapping for? Or why if you rapping, what the fuck are you cooking up coke for? Make some sense out of this shit�
    Ya dig? I did it four times again after that, just on the charts. I ain�t gotta talk about no coke nor no fucking BAPEs. I got my own shoe out nigga, that OG collection Reebok nigga. I got my own jeans out nigga, W. Two Us, I�ve got my name�the W is gonna be on your bitch ass. Aight?
    Complex: Okay.
    Lil Wayne: Alright. Stop coming at me about that bullshit man. That�s how you get beef started man�
    I don�t see niggas like that. You talking to the best. Talk to me like you�re talking to the best. I don�t see no fuckin� Clipse. Come on man. Weezy, man. They had to do a song with us to get hot, B. �What Happened To That Boy?� C�mon B. Don�t do that, dog. This is a fucking legend you�re talking to right here. 14 years, B. How many years them niggas been around?
    2000�
    Who the fuck is Pharrell? Do you really respect him? That nigga wore BAPEs and y�all thought he was weird. I wore it and y�all thought it was hot. C�mon man. C�mon now. The nigga walked around with niggas that looked like you, y�all thought he was crazy. If I did it, y�all gonna think these niggas are killers.
    The Clipse respond to Lil Wayne�s Complex comments on Virginia radio (Hot 102.1 FM)
    �Wayne, you sort of copying The Clipse right now�I think he made a bad judgment call and just decided to take a swipe at us�maybe he�s got an album coming out. This is a small thing to a giant, he�s just acting out.�
    �If anything, I am upset about him using the F word before my name, being as though he likes to sit around and kiss men. If you gonna kiss men, you can�t even use them words in conjunction with The Clipse, Pharrell, or any of the [Star Trak ] family. He�s definitely acting out right now. Jay-Z? Do what you gotta do. But involve The Clipse? You don�t want to do that. I already don�t look at him like a G. He aint nothing like me.�
    The Clipse go off on Lil Wayne in Laced Magazine:
    Laced: How do you feel about Lil Wayne saying he is the greatest rapper alive?
    Malice: If you Wobble Dee Wobble Dee, you can�t be a legend.
    Pusha T: You can�t kiss other men, you can�t wobble dee-wobble dee, and and you can�t bite styles. You can�t bite everybody�s styles. You can�t try to rap like Jay-Z, dress like the Clipse, become a coke dealer after 5 albums, and now dress like Jim Jones. You can�t do all that and be a legend. You have to be a trendsetter and he ain�t setting any trends.
    Laced: Just a few years ago you�re doing �What Happen To That Boy� with Baby, now today Lil Wayne isn�t saying complimentary things about you. Where do you think this animosity is stemming from?
    Pusha T: Yea, Gillie wrote Baby�s part by the way. When �He� was a legend, Gillie wrote Baby�s part. I would�ve thought he�d go to �legend� to get it
    written�He should�ve went to �legend� to get it written, but he goes to Gillie Da Kid instead. (laughs)
    Malice: I think he�s pretty much trying to save face, because you and I know what it is. The streets said that, it wasn�t us that said it. The streets did all
    of that talking.
    Pusha T: The streets said he was biting the Clipse. Clipse never said he was biting us, because it didn�t really matter to us. It really don�t matter to us, we have real issues. Like Weezy f**kin Baby (shakes head); come on man, he�s a fa�t. (laughs)
    The Clipse subliminally diss Lil Wayne on their We Got It for Cheap vol. 3 intro
    Lyrics: �Sorry but I dont� respect who you applaudin�, lil nigga flow but his metaphors boring�
    �Don�t make me turn daddy�s lil� girl to orphan, that mean I�d have to kill Baby like abortion.�
    The Clipse dismiss Lil Wayne beef in a radio interview
    During a radio interview in Indiana, Pusha and Malice are put on the spot about Lil Wayne allegedly jacking their swag and style. But instead of confirming and fueling the beef, Pusha says he doesn�t do �rap beef� and keeps it moving.
    Pusha T extends an olive branch to Lil Wayne on the song �Open Your Eyes� (off Fear of God)
    Lyric: �Free Weezy! Congrats my n�a. Now let Tip go!�
    Pusha T tells Complex�s Insanul Ahmed he made peace with Lil Wayne in Miami
    �Ever since Lil Wayne went in to jail, that whole little stint [between me and him] is really dead and over with. I don�t have any ill will towards Wayne, Cash Money, or any of them. There was definitely a time period when I felt a certain way [about him], but as of right now I don�t. That�s just where I once was. I don�t even like speaking on it. [On Fear of God] I actually said, �They had freed Weezy, congratulations.� When I seen Wayne in Miami, I told him, �Congratulations on getting out of jail.��

Comment

• dude with them bible paragraphs ^

Comment

• Jus heard the "monster feature" is in fact Mannie Fresh

Comment

• Fuck what you niggaz talkin bout, Wayne killed this nigga over a dope ass beat, not to mention, YMCMB runnin shit, when the last time Pusha T been relevant in the game period, get yall lame asses outta here. How you gone hate on a mufuckin thats clearly eatin as opposed to them niggaz on GOOD music. Nigga, young money got sales, endorsements, on all features and on every award show magazine with chart-toppers, yall sound dumb as hell. Wayne just tapped the nigga to get a real response. Pusha T on some hoe shit anyway, nigga why you sendin subliminal shots(open yo mouth and say who you referring too, unless its some skeletons in yo closet that Wayne might expose, Bitch nigga), Wayne went dead at the nigga, named him actually(twice). You dnt have to like Wayne, yo bitch prolly do tho, lol, plus he eatin, you think he give a fuck what a hater has to say, the bitches you niggaz dream of being with, he has babies by, he fuckin models, sellion millions of records, etc. What you niggaz doin so productive, exactly, shut the fuck up cause you barely got 2 nickels to rub together. How many albums you think Pusha T will sell by the way. now ask yoself how many albums carter 4 sold with all the hate and criticism it got. Betta yet, who else doin a million copies outside of YMCMB(dnt worry i�ll wait) Eminem, thats it

---------- Post added at 09:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:48 AM ----------

Originally posted by Alina_X3 View Post
          so funny,callin your selfs nigga and al that....
          cause we niggaz, wtf you want me to call myself, wtf, niggaz do that, if you not from that life, oh well

---------- Post added at 09:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 AM ----------

Originally posted by 187JoshM187
          Maybe wayne will finally drop the dam skateboard and stay in the studio for the day?
          He's always in the studio, so what your sayin is, a rapper can't take interest in any other activities because you want him to be on somethin else, that Wayne's life, if he wanna skateboard, dammitt let him skateboard. what if I told you i didnt want you doin things in your hobby life that you do for my own personal reasons, c'mon na, thats somethin he likes doin, who can tell him not to, he still selling millions, selling out all his tours, etc. no matter how he dresses or what he does outside of rap, Just Sayin

I can only dream...

Comment

• Originally posted by jreed888 View Post
            Fuck what you niggaz talkin bout, Wayne killed this nigga over a dope ass beat, not to mention, YMCMB runnin shit, when the last time Pusha T been relevant in the game period, get yall lame asses outta here. How you gone hate on a mufuckin thats clearly eatin as opposed to them niggaz on GOOD music. Nigga, young money got sales, endorsements, on all features and on every award show magazine with chart-toppers, yall sound dumb as hell. Wayne just tapped the nigga to get a real response. Pusha T on some hoe shit anyway, nigga why you sendin subliminal shots(open yo mouth and say who you referring too, unless its some skeletons in yo closet that Wayne might expose, Bitch nigga), Wayne went dead at the nigga, named him actually(twice). You dnt have to like Wayne, yo bitch prolly do tho, lol, plus he eatin, you think he give a fuck what a hater has to say, the bitches you niggaz dream of being with, he has babies by, he fuckin models, sellion millions of records, etc. What you niggaz doin so productive, exactly, shut the fuck up cause you barely got 2 nickels to rub together. How many albums you think Pusha T will sell by the way. now ask yoself how many albums carter 4 sold with all the hate and criticism it got. Betta yet, who else doin a million copies outside of YMCMB(dnt worry i’ll wait) Eminem, thats it

---------- Post added at 09:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:48 AM ----------

cause we niggaz, wtf you want me to call myself, wtf, niggaz do that, if you not from that life, oh well

---------- Post added at 09:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 AM ----------

With all that said,it doesn't change the fact that his diss was garbage as fuck.You acting like wayne never went at niggas subliminally,this is his first time being direct.Pusha will body wayne and he's so easy to clown.

Comment

• this "monster" feature should be will smith.
              They say, you dont know what you doin til you stop doin it,
              well call me clueless 'cause i do this

Comment

• https://twitter.com/iamKingLos/statu...22115651850240
                https://twitter.com/HerFavColor/stat...25969637613568
                THIS AIN'T NOTHING TO RELATE TO.

last.fm || twitter

Comment

• How was that diss garbage, it was only 1.30 sec! Actually after giving the track a couple of more spins in my whip with heavy speakers.. its been all day.

Originally posted by Buckin20 View Post
                  With all that said,it doesn't change the fact that his diss was garbage as fuck.You acting like wayne never went at niggas subliminally,this is his first time being direct.Pusha will body wayne and he's so easy to clown.

Juniayaa is on a mission right now../ YMCMB fla$hing life$tyle.../ we higher & shine than whoever.

Comment

• So is the tagless version out?
                    OVOXO-YMCMB

Comment

• Originally posted by Buckin20 View Post
                      You a goofy, and thats all imma say

Comment

• Stop trying to defend this trash,he could do much better

Comment

• alot from the game are on waynes side. good to know..

the track was cool too, so i do think wayne did win the first round. lets see if pusha is man enough to answer

---------- Post added at 12:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 PM ----------

Originally posted by WeEeEeEzZzZyYy View Post
                          Jus heard the "monster feature" is in fact Mannie Fresh
                          i hope your trolling or what you heard is wrong coz there is no way mannie will go against wayne
                          Originally posted by Shake
                          Why so negative all the time???

Comment

Working...
                          X