Where's The Beef?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where's The Beef?

Had to reference the video from the when I asked this question - where the hell is beef/competition in Hip Hop now? If these rappers that we idolize (mostly talking about Wayne) are true to the essence of the genre why not practice one of the fundamental elements, competition? We've heard them say "I dont want no beef" or "we too good for beef, we're just gonna make music" that just sounds like a bunch of selling out to me. Beef doesnt have to mean butthurt little disses at people over bitches, alliances, acquisitions, but because of shit like Pac and Big's "feud" getting blown out of proportion by the media, its a one dimensianal touchy ass subject that no one will touch. These niggas should be directing verses at real subjects/people to show that they're BETTER than the rest. Hip Hop isnt about making fucking money and being the most played on the damn radio its about talent, skill, and making people believe in you being great. We need a real feud or at least someone getting on TOPIC and being an MC rather than focusing on selling records. The Common/Drake "beef" was nothing but i'm glad Common came out and said "Im talking to you Drake", I'm glad Pusha threw shots my favorite crew in the game, and I'm I'm especially glad Wayne said "Fuck Pusha T..." He said the niggas name for once. I hope this GOOD vs YMCMB shit is the beginning of the genre getting back to its real purpose. I hope Wayne and the team follow up with direct shots at people, not out of hate but competition.

'I don't foresee shit.'

"‎You old ass rappers better stay on tour
    You're like 44, I got a 44, I'm 24
    I could murk you and come home when I'm 44"

Free �ber rides code: uberoctbr

1st post

taking offers

Comment

tbh when wayne said that competition is for old ass rappers, tht kinda pissed me off a little

Comment

Working...
      X