500 Degreez Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 500 Degreez Review

After a very good sophomore album from the infamous Birdman Jr., Lil Wayne is back again. But this time, with an album that he hoped would outshine Juvenile's 400 Degreez. Some people call this album underrated, but while there is good content.. Most of this album is... Eh...

500 Degreez [2002]

01 - Fly Talkin' [No Rating]

02 - Look At Me [2.5/5] - Soooooo cheesy... "I gotcha girl doing a handstand" Not a great opening like the previous albums.

03 - Way Of Life (Feat. Big Tymers) [2/5] - A 2Pac sample that's been overdone with sleep inducing lyrics and a lame hook... This track had potential as a lead single... But it's just so cheesy...

04 - Big Tigger Live On The Radio [No Rating]

05 - Gangsta and Pimps (Feat. Baby) [4/5] - Horrid singing with a hilarious hook. I feel this is where the album starts to slightly pick up, but not by much.

06 - Lovely [3/5] - Boring production and lame lyrics... Nothing special...

07 - Gansta Shit (Feat. Petey Pablo) [4/5] - A solid track with a cool feature from Petey Pablo. I think this track is alright as far as lyrics and production are concerned.

08 - Big Tigger Live On The Radio [No Rating]

09 - Bloodline [3.5/5] - Very nice production and hook. Weezy talks about his bloodline and how he will be great because it's in his bloodline, nice concept.

10 - Where You At [5/5] - "It's young Weezy can't nothing see me dog. I get you done easy with one easy phone call. And the sawed off make your arms fall off, like a short sleeved polo, won't bother me no more. Ice like strobe light, look like I'm moving slo' mo', probaly look nice on low pro Yokahomas. With '20 inch chromes poking out 'em
    Chrissy till the dome tote the ganja, redbone in the shower. Hello, Pocahontas give a long stroke poke for hours
    Floating vagina oh I'ma holla!" The underrated second single from the album and one of the better tracks that shows Wayne's growth.

11 - Worry Me [4/5] - Wayne says that you can't worry him, he's doing his own thing. It has a nice hook and very good beat.

12 - 500 Degreez [1.5/5] - A straight attempt to diss Juvenile. Stolen beat, stolen flow and re-worded lyrics. I dislike this song a lot. Seriously Wayne, why do you do things like this?

13 - Go Hard [2/5] - Weak flow with Wayne attempting to brag about his ish that ends up sounding boring after a while.

14 - Young n Blues [3/5] - It's lyrically okay, but nothing that's gonna be remembered after the album, IMO.

15 - Believe That (Feat. Blaque and Mannie Fresh) [2/5] - Very uninteresting lyrics with a good beat that doesn't compliment the lyrics and hook.

16 - Rob Nice Live On The Radio [No Rating]

17 - Fuck You (Feat. Big Tymers) [2/5] - Funny hook with corny lyrics from the Old Tymers.

18 - What Does Life Mean To Me (Feat. TQ and Big Tymers) [2/5] - Cheesy song that I personally thought was going to have some kind of substance to... But it was short and boring...

19 - Get That Dough (Feat. Baby, Tateeze & Cristale) [3/5] - The features are okay but the production is... Meh... The album is coming to a slow, painful end.

20 - Fo Sheezy [2/5] - Not a good outro... Very flat and dull.

21 - Fly Talkin Go Home [No Rating]

Best tracks on the album:

1. Where You At
    2. Worry Me
    3. Gangstas and Pimps
    4. Bloodline
    5. Gangsta Shit

Overall: 45.5/80 [2.8/5] Half decent

The album had boring production, no good subject matter, and overall was just boring to listen to. Yes, it's underrated as far as some content. But, Lights Out, and even Tha Block is Hot has more memorable content and better lyrical content. But I can't judge. This was a very dark period for Cash Money. The Hot Boys broke up, they were getting very stale, and there were other issues too. So I can't say anything harsh about this LP. Wayne created a solid project. If you're a Lil Wayne fan, go ahead and add this to your collection. If you're looking to get into any of his content, I don't suggest starting with this album.

Next up is the first installment into Tha Carter series!

Personally, I don't listen to anything pre Tha Carter.

But good review!

Comment

Originally posted by StevenHTX View Post
      Personally, I don't listen to anything pre Tha Carter.

But good review!
      Most of it is mediocre, due to Wayne developing, so I don't blame you. And thanks

Comment

Imo this album is better than Tha Block is Hot & Lights Out. I like it a lot

Comment

Only Thing Bad About This Album Is That It Has Too Many Tracks....

If It Was Like 14-15 Tracks Deep It Would Be Dope Af... Just Too Many Fillers At Tha End

Album Shoulda Been Like
          Fly Talkin
          Way Of Life
          Gangstas & Pimps
          Gangsta Shit
          Bloodline
          Where You At
          Worry Me
          500 Degreez (One Of My Favorite Wayne Songs)
          Young n Blues
          Fuck You (The Fuckin Hardest Beat Mannie Has Made) Top 5 Wayne Beat
          Fo Sheezy
          Fly Talkin Go Home

Awww and Tha 3 Skits and it woulda been fine

Comment

Young'N Blues is one of the best tracks imo

''They say they want the drugs to stop but imma major setback when my album drop''

Comment

Great review! I think this was one of Wayne's most immature albums tbh. Still would rather listen to this than most of his newer albums, but we all know he could've came harder. Also, I disliked the many skits that were on this album. Alas, this album is great to listen to when working out with hard hitters like Believe That, Get That Dough, What Does Life Mean To Me, etc.

2.75/5
              Last edited by ; 08-27-2012, 12:30 PM.

Comment

lol at "some call it underrated" and i disagree with most of this, imo this is dope as fuck, and YoungN Blues is pretty rememberable.

Comment

I forgot if this was pre-10,000 Bars...
                  :thinking;
                  it's around the same time.
                  .................... ....................

Comment

Props for the good reviews but dude Lovely is my shit.. you should have pushed it up to 4 for the wordplay. I play this album the most... you seem to not like it?

Juniayaa is on a mission right now../ YMCMB fla$hing life$tyle.../ we higher & shine than whoever.

Comment

Originally posted by bconover93 View Post
                      I forgot if this was pre-10,000 Bars...
                      :thinking;
                      it's around the same time.
                      It's after.

This is the album when I started to hop on the Wayne train.

9 - 12 are all 5/5s to me. 4 dope songs in a row. I'm surprised you gave 500 Degreez that low of a rating. One of the best songs on the album imo
                      "Armed and dangerous, rich and famous, young and restless
                      Guns and stretchers
                      Cristal and dubs for breakfast
                      I just got one suggestion - none should test him
                      'Cause cuz get hectic; send one through your sons intestines
                      Glocks knock lungs from chests, you get the portrait?
                      Bodies piled up on porches, it won't be gorgeous"

Comment

Working...
                      X