D4 outro confession: "I hope I'm remembered"- Lil Wayne

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D4 outro confession: "I hope I'm remembered"- Lil Wayne

I thought this was interesting for Weezy to cite on this legacy already; he is only 30:

"And this also dedicated to you Whoever you are, wherever you are, however you are I hope I'm remembered" - A Dedication- D4

In my opinion, those who are remembered usually go above and beyond entertainment... they stood for something and took risks, even risking their lives and fame for whatever they believe in. Looking at the big picture, encompassing Lil Wayne's controversial lifestyle and music. How could you remember Lil Wayne... his legacy, what will you write as highlights in his biography, Is he a transformational figure in the urban community?

Juniayaa is on a mission right now../ YMCMB fla$hing life$tyle.../ we higher & shine than whoever.

You're right on everything. I can see him being remembered through his skating and building skate parks and helping people.

Comment

Originally posted by DedicationIV_8/30 View Post
      You're right on everything. I can see him being remembered through his skating and building skate parks and helping people.

I'd say his work ethic, the amount of tracks and features he's had, how versatile he is (rock, pop, rap, etc), coining the term "bling", how much he's accomplished at his young age, being in the game for 20+ yrs and still being one of the most popular rappers around, his mixtapes, selling 1mil+ on C3 in first week, how unique he is from other rappers, etc...

And them dreads...

Comment

- He basicaly was the rebirth of the mixtape game.
        - He has put in so much work many other rap artist have never done before.
        - He has record sales.
        - He is one of the few mainstream rap artist that actually had the guts to put a rock album out.
        - He managed to stay on top of the game since the 90s.

He has done so much, yet he is probably one of the most unrespected rap artist of hip hop. Mainly to the people who don't primarily listen to Mainstream hip hop.

Comment

Originally posted by StevenHTX View Post

He has done so much, yet he is probably one of the most unrespected rap artist of hip hop. Mainly to the people who don't primarily listen to Mainstream hip hop.
          I think people only hear his songs on the radio and judge him from those. Imagine if Carter 2 had as much "hype" as Carter 3 or 4. People wouldn't mind calling him a legend. Instead people hear songs like Lollipop and How to Love and form opinions.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodysharnin View Post
            I think people only hear his songs on the radio and judge him from those. Imagine if Carter 2 had as much "hype" as Carter 3 or 4. People wouldn't mind calling him a legend. Instead people hear songs like Lollipop and How to Love and form opinions.
            Exactly, but I don't blame those people.

If I never listened to Wayne's mixtapes, sessions, or his early albums, I would probably hate him too if I heard Lollipop & How to Love.

if you weren't riding with Wayne since his prime or so, you will probably not like him, unless you listen to just mainstream music.

Comment

Originally posted by StevenHTX View Post
              - He basicaly was the rebirth of the mixtape game.
              - He has put in so much work many other rap artist have never done before.
              - He has record sales.
              - He is one of the few mainstream rap artist that actually had the guts to put a rock album out.
              - He managed to stay on top of the game since the 90s.

What about outside of his music, what do you think he stands for as a person? I think we can all agree his music success runs deeper that a river..

Juniayaa is on a mission right now../ YMCMB fla$hing life$tyle.../ we higher & shine than whoever.

Comment

Y'all are saying things that will only get him remembered in the rap community lol

Comment

Originally posted by DedicationIV_8/30 View Post
                  Y'all are saying things that will only get him remembered in the rap community lol
                  Thats right. Usually music is good but not good enough for one to be remembered imo. Most legendary figures, for example James Brown, Bruce Springsteen, Bob Marley, Johnny Cash, 2 Pac etc stood strongly for something beyond music regardless of how explicit and notorious their music was/is, and it sealed their legacy. I wonder if skating is Wayne's own way of influencing beyond music...

Comment

"On February 19, 2008, Lil Wayne and Cortez Bryant revisited their alma mater McMain Secondary School to get students to design an invitation to the gala introducing Lil Wayne's nonprofit One Family Foundation. The website Change.org states: "The mission of One Family Foundation, Inc. is to empower urban youth by engaging them in opportunities to cultivate their talents and skills, educating them to become productive and economically self-sufficient, and motivating them to dream beyond their circumstances.""

Comment

20 years of music. That's how I will remember him.
                      ​repetition is the father of learning

Comment

Originally posted by RealLife View Post
                        Thats right. Usually music is good but not good enough for one to be remembered imo. Most legendary figures, for example James Brown, Bruce Springsteen, Bob Marley, Johnny Cash, 2 Pac etc stood strongly for something beyond music regardless of how explicit and notorious their music was/is, and it sealed their legacy. I wonder if skating is Wayne's own way of influencing beyond music...
                        That's what I'm thinking. Even Michael Jackson made waves in other area's of life through the influence of his music and popularity.

Comment

Working...
                        X