Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you could have picked the first single for Tha Carter III, what would you pick?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RealLife View Post
    In my opinion... Yah his career could have been different, he could have fallen off... because good rappers come and go imo.. but Lollipop played a role in making him a household name... Someone more influencial than just a good rapper. As much as i enjoyed music between 2005-2008.. he was already oversaturating hip hop with street mixtape music but still stagnant like Meek Millz. If he didn't show growth on C3, fans could have eventually lost interest and started complaining that he's not progressing as an artist.

That's my point of view.. sorry for the huge summary lol
    But think how Wayne's career could have been if Tha Carter III sessions didn't continually leak, The Empire leaked a lot of Wayne's greatest songs that could have been used on C3 maybe even C4, just think if not for The Empire we could have gotten C3 maybe in 2007, C4 in 08, and he could have put out C5 in 2011, The Drought Is Over series gave us a lot of great material, but pretty much ruined Wayne's vision for C3 and with all of Wayne's material constantly leaking it's probably the reason Wayne doesn't try anymore.

but seeing how this was suppose to be the 1st single for Tha Carter III

I think Lollipop was a great choice, The Only Reason still a good song though.
    "When I die I hope Heaven got a studio" - Slim Dunkin

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgiaBoyTool View Post

I thought La La La was supposed to the be first single?

Comment

Originally posted by StevenHTX View Post
        I thought La La La was supposed to the be first single?
        The Empire leaked La La La (The Drought Is Over 2) too as well as The Only Reason (The Drought Is Over 5), the video for The Only Reason was released December 2007 as the 1st single but was scrapped for Lollipop.
        "When I die I hope Heaven got a studio" - Slim Dunkin

Comment

Dr. Carter, Phone Home, Burn This City or Let the beat build would have been my choices

Comment

lollipop was good as the first single off c3
            but i think "when they come for me" Would have been good for the third single ..n fuck that got money shit
            Last edited by didoweezy; 12-26-2012, 05:24 PM.

Comment

tie my hands or shoot me down

Comment

Lollipop made C3 sell 1.5 mill in the first week

I ain't got Dunston on my shoulder, got Dunston in the backseat

Comment

Lollipop is ass though, niggas. The original, anyway. Remix should have been the single. Original should have been treated like Ye did Diamonds Are Forever on "Late Registration"; just add the original Lollipop to the first Deluxe Editions that surfaced. Best case scenario, Lollipop could have been even bigger.

Comment

Lol @ people not liking a milli..Wayne most successful "rap" song to date..
                    Mississippi x California x North Carolina

Comment

Why like A Milli when there's like 30+ better unreleased C3 Session songs exuding the same fervor, energy, and all-around charismatic flair that blew it out of the water? Some of the lines on A Milli annoy me, nigga. Like the Gwen Stefani one.

Whip It > A Milli

Comment

I honestly don't mind Lollipop as a single, now. But, if I had to pick another lead single... It would be Let the Beat Build! That would've had a DOPE music video. Or maybe Dr. Carter or 3 Peat... It would be nice to see a Playing With Fire music video, or Mr. Carter... Those would be my single picks. But, I don't mind the singles he did pick. They got him his album sales.

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgiaBoyTool View Post
                          But think how Wayne's career could have been if Tha Carter III sessions didn't continually leak, The Empire leaked a lot of Wayne's greatest songs that could have been used on C3 maybe even C4, just think if not for The Empire we could have gotten C3 maybe in 2007, C4 in 08, and he could have put out C5 in 2011, The Drought Is Over series gave us a lot of great material, but pretty much ruined Wayne's vision for C3 and with all of Wayne's material constantly leaking it's probably the reason Wayne doesn't try anymore.

The Only Reason was dope tbh... but when its all said and done Lil Wayne needed a song like Lollipop to breakthrough. The leaks might have affected his career but in my opinion it worked for the best because i bought C3 solely because i was impressed with the leaks from C3 session. He could have sold less if it wasn't for momentum behind C3's leaks... just my opinion.

Edit: I still wish he had released C3 as a double disc though... C3 the leak and the official C3.

Juniayaa is on a mission right now../ YMCMB fla$hing life$tyle.../ we higher & shine than whoever.

Comment

Working...
                          X