Lil Wayne To Plead 8 Months In Jail, SOURCES SAY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lil Wayne To Plead 8 Months In Jail, SOURCES SAY

Lil Wayne will be forced to plead out to a jail term in New York City on Thursday, according to sources with AllHipHop.com.

The rapper is expected to accept an 8-month bid in jail over his alleged involvement with a loaded .40-caliber pistol gun found on his tour bus in 2007 while in New York.

The 27-year-old now faces 15 years in jail for each count of criminal weapons possession and criminal possession of a loaded weapon.

Wayne is going to plead guilty," a source close to the case told AllHipHop.com, stressing that this was definitely going to happen. The rapper pleaded not guilty at press time and has yet to make any such public declaration. "The date is coming up and he's going to do it tomorrow."

Wayne is rumored to be willing to accept the deal to avoid a long term in jail over the gun. The same source said the term will begin in February of 2010 under the terms of the deal. "If he doesn't plead, he goes to jail for a long time," the source said.

"They told him that if he doesn't plead tomorrow, it will go to trial and then he faces a far longer jail term," the source continued.

A small amount of DNA may have changed the landscape of the case, according to a report by the Associated Press. There is a "minuscule" amount of the rapper's DNA on the gun, reports say, and that has strengthened the case for the prosecution.

Another hearing is set to resume tomorrow, where the rapper will reportedly announce his next move.

AllHipHop.com was unable to obtain comment from representatives for Wayne at press time and the rapper didn't speak to the media at a court date earlier today.

Lil' Wayne has another trial looming in March over felony drug and weapons charges from a January 2008 police raid

http://allhiphop.com/stories/news/archi ... 90913.aspx

shyt if it was me...id easily take the 8 months, if they found evidence of me coming in contact with the gun.....youre pretty much screwd there.....8 months isnt too long...but im still wondering how T.i only 10 months with all those Ak 47's...its not adding up...

Re: Lil Wayne To Plead 8 Months In Jail, SOURCES SAY

And I'd rather be pushing flowers,
    Then to be in the Pen sharing showers!
    If he's guilty and it was his burner by all means he should man up and take the best deal possible and 8 months is a great deal but if it's not his burner then tell the DA to boot-up or shut up! The case is WEAK AS HELL.... 20 people on a bus 1 unregistered gun you got to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that he 1st knew the gun was on the bus, 2nd Intend to take either actual or constructive possession of the weapon.... Thats not a cake walk for the state
    Download All Of Dreezy's Music @

Comment

The case IS weak. The DNA testing method basically takes very miniscule/almost redundant particles of DNA and tries to match it to the defendant.

You almost can't say for sure if the person touched the gun or by chance their DNA came in contact. Plus, like the other guy said, there were so many ppl on the bus, why wayne?

and I believe Mack Main said it on behind the music. The cops had to ask who lil wayne is when they go on the bus, meaning they went on there specifically to take him down before even finding a gun. smh if they get him tho, 8 month isnt much. Its like Jan - August.

Comment

this is already posted...

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5590

Comment

Man... what bullshit! T.I. gets a year and a day for fucking AK'S, and wayne gets only a few months less over ONE HANDGUN that they can't even prove was his!
          Well, T.I. didn't have the bad luck to get caught in New York.. but still man, its not fair. Its not like he did anything with it, or made threats with it.
          If he does go to jail... we'll probably at least get a newly energized and hardened Wayne.. still

Comment

Originally posted by viewtiful alan
            If he does go to jail... we'll probably at least get a newly energized and hardened Wayne..

/COSIGN
            http://scroogemcdope.tumblr.com/
            if you're on tumblr, follow my blog & i'll follow back!

Comment

Working...
            X