X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by YMCMB357 View Post
    Jay-Z will always make the list.

If Nicki does not make it then MTV are sexist =/
    Lol Jay-z didn't put out shit last year i dont know why he would make the list.
    He was only Ft'd on like 7 songs last year and cmon do u really think Nicki will make the list

Comment

wayne on streetrunner beats >>>

Comment

Originally posted by StevenHTX View Post
        wayne on streetrunner beats >>>
        Lol this dude is on syrup =P

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by kobebryant24 View Post
        Lol Jay-z didn't put out shit last year i dont know why he would make the list.
        He was only Ft'd on like 7 songs last year and cmon do u really think Nicki will make the list
        She put a lot of music that did well.

But I guess most of that music was pop =/

Comment

Originally posted by TyIquan View Post
          How so? He isn't witty. It isn't like he has super deep introspective subject matter. He didn't outrap Drake on Fuckin' Problem or Poetic Justice...I fail to see his hype.
          This video itself is why Kendrick deserves every single second in the spotlight.
          You never see a rapper like this out now with this type of subject matter, except Lupe.

Also read the rap genius explanation of Kendrick's verse on Take Care

http://rapgenius.com/Drake-buried-al...terlude-lyrics
          Official Lil Wayne Rap Genius Thread: http://www.lilwaynehq.com/forums/lil...s-respect.html

Comment

Wayne will definately make it. You can't turn your head and ignore the massive popularity he has, the buzz he makes with either average or hot songs.
            It would be nice to see him make top 3. That way he would be the only rapper to be 4 times in the top 3 of the hottest mcs list.
            But either way, Wayne and Kanye will be the only 2 rappers to be featured on all of the Hottest MCs lists (2007-2013)

Comment

Originally posted by neil.seward View Post
              This video itself is why Kendrick deserves every single second in the spotlight.
              You never see a rapper like this out now with this type of subject matter, except Lupe.

Drake ? Buried Alive (Interlude) Lyrics | Rap Genius
              Fuck Lupe he's a piece of shit and should quit rap.
              SPOILER
              Look at this clown

Comment

Originally posted by Vocker View Post
                This is about the Hottest MC not the best....so it's not only about how great you are, if you had a very successful real then you were very hot. Kendrick was great and had alot of hype this year....so he def. need to be on number one, but we don't know how MTV thinks lol...
                I never said Kendrick didn't have a better year. I understand the premise of the list.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Cli-City View Post
                Better story teller better flow deeper lyrically more in depth subject matter. More diverse
                Opinions, bruh. Opinions. I say Drake's better.

Originally posted by Cli-City View Post
                How did Wayne have a better year. Drake won more awards. He toured. Sold more singles. Charted higher. The songs that Wayne were ft on didn't even chart that much. But every drake song did.
                You mean his awards for Take Care which wasn't in the running last year because of when it released? Wayne had just come off of a tour, he had actual business to tend to last year. What singles did he sell? Two Wayne singles crossed milestones and No Worries did great as well. Bitches Love Me is doing great too. Hell, how many singles was Drake even on? Its not hard for all of them to chart if he only does 4 or 5. You think Wayne didn't do at least that? He became the most charted male artist ever! Come on, bruh.

- - - Updated - - -

http://rapgenius.com/Drake-buried-al...terlude-lyrics
                I'm not dumb. I understood his Take Care verse from day one. Why do I need rap genius?

Lil Wayne, Drake, Chance the Rapper, Skooly, Rich Homie Quan, 2 Chainz.

Comment

I'm not dumb. I understood his Take Care verse from day one. Why do I need rap genius?
                  Because it shows the depth of his lyrics and the effort that he puts into everybar. When was the last time you heard an MC talking about fame as a temptation, considering it a sin, and ultimately contemplating accomplishing anything in the rap game just because you are afraid of the temptations. And don't say Drake.
                  Official Lil Wayne Rap Genius Thread: http://www.lilwaynehq.com/forums/lil...s-respect.html

Comment

Does this mean that only dumb people go to Rap Genius?

Don't hate on that site.

Comment

Because it shows the depth of his lyrics and the effort that he puts into everybar. When was the last time you heard an MC talking about fame as a temptation, considering it a sin, and ultimately contemplating accomplishing anything in the rap game just because you are afraid of the temptations. And don't say Drake.
                      Lil B

Comment

Originally posted by rav14 View Post
                        Lil B

Comment

Originally posted by kobebryant24 View Post
                          Fuck Lupe he's a piece of shit and should quit rap.
                          SPOILER
                          Look at this clown

"I think that all the silence is worse than all the violence
                          Fear is such a weak emotion, that's why I despise it
                          We scared of almost everything, afraid to even tell the truth
                          So scared of what you think of me, I'm scared of even telling you
                          Sometimes I'm like the only person I feel safe to tell it to
                          I'm locked inside a cell in me, I know that there's a jail in you"

Clown... yeah right. How many rappers talk about the world's problems ?

Comment

Working...
                          X