Lil Wayne's Rapping Skills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by YoungTunechie View Post
    And there might be some people that agree with me...
    Of course there will be. That's the beauty of opinions. Everybody has their own.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by no_tom&jerry View Post
    i'm actually writing an IANAHB2 review presently and i mention this sort of thing. i can post the whole article here when it's done, but for now here's that one part which covers the point i want to make here:

He is too young to hang it up and settle complacently into his most publicly beloved style (if there even is one). Dwayne Carter is only 30 years old and he is more interested in moving the rap genre forward – specifically by fusing it with pop and electronic music like so many of his contemporaries. Lil Wayne is a pop star now, not a nostalgia act. He has been trying to successfully merge the divide between rap and pop since his Lollipop days and with IANAHB2 he is one step closer. Not content to sit back and ride out his career as "2008 Wayne" he still sees himself as a very relevant force in popular music, as he should. He refuses to be a rap dinosaur just yet; a Nas or an Ice Cube who gets wheeled out every few months to tackle a guest appearance or put out a record appealing to an audience of thirty-somethings wanting to safely revisit their rebellious years. For better or worse, "Tunechi" is the future... at least for a few more years. He is still evolving and shaping music. Such an undertaking is always going to be a slippery slope for an artist like Wayne, because he has been so many things to so many people throughout his career, and knowing he will never please everybody, he ends up not caring if he pleases anybody. He once again follows his muse and alienates half of his hardcore fanbase, while doubling its numbers in the process. There's a whole new generation of listeners who don't give a fuck about Da Drought 3 and Tha Carter 2 and how groundbreaking these records were; they like 2013 Trap Weezy with his A.D.D. flow, his rapid-fire one-liners and his XXX-rated lyrics. He's a genuine rock star and his music pisses off parents and makes anyone over 25 cringe... isn't that what a rock star is supposed to do? I remember how the C1- and C2-heads wrote him off after C3 came out, only to come back around and cite C3 as his peak era when C4 was confounding fans worldwide.

Damn bro. You said it.

Comment

Originally posted by IAmChristian_ View Post
      Of course there will be. That's the beauty of opinions. Everybody has their own.

- - - Updated - - -

Damn bro. You said it.

Exaclty

Comment

Nothing -- he's lost it and he acknowledges that, to a degree.

Comment

I think he lost it/is burned out/stopped caring.

Lil Wayne?s Legacy: The AI of Rap | On The Pursuit of Awesomeness

Comment

Exaclty

But you don't have the right to try and say that your opinion is the same as everybody else's. Because it's not. Not everybody is the same.

Comment

But you don't have the right to try and say that your opinion is the same as everybody else's. Because it's not. Not everybody is the same.

I never said my opinion was everybody's you dumb bitch.

Comment

I never said my opinion was everybody's you dumb bitch.

You're fucking retarded. You said "Nobody Wants To Hear That" your basically saying nobody wants to hear Wayne rapping about skateboarding and pussy. But some people do!! Not everybody shares your opinion. Your argument that Nobody Wants To Hear That is invalid because your not everybody, your 1 person. Thats your opinion. Fucking get it right.

Comment

You're fucking retarded. You said "Nobody Wants To Hear That" your basically saying nobody wants to hear Wayne rapping about skateboarding and pussy. But some people do!! Not everybody shares your opinion. Your argument that Nobody Wants To Hear That is invalid because your not everybody, your 1 person. Thats your opinion. Fucking get it right.

There you go you just said it yourself, You was bitching at me for saying i was talking about everybody's opinion and you just said i am one person and that is my opinion, so i don't so see how you were saying i was speaking for everybody?

Comment

Originally posted by no_tom&jerry View Post
                    i disagree. look at blunt blowin - supposedly he wrote that down and the lyrics to that song fucking blow. all his best shit was off the top of his head - no pen, no pad. that's how he keeps it crazy and interesting... free associative c3, drought 3 type stream of consciousness stuff. can't beat that for my money.

listen to his words on IANAHB2 intro. he's doing that 2007-2009 thing where he raps individual syllables and connects his lines with similar thoughts, it all blends so much better. "like a white boy wearing black paint you're a fake ass nigga... break pads, nigga... wait, you ain't in my weight class, nigga.. looking for the motherfucking man in the mirror... running this shit like a faucet, farah, bara- cuda, who da fuck you are? i can make your bitch root for me like i grew her" see how he plays with language and connects all the different ideas with syllable rhymes and subject lines? there are a thousand examples of this, but the most popular one is probably a milli.

the intro is probably the only place he uses that rhyming pattern on the new album (actually he does this in the last verse of shit stain too, maybe one or two other areas I don't have time to look into it)... more typically these days he does unrelated, standalone lines that are usually boasts or one-liners that are totally unrelated to what came before and after them - this is the style he began way back on 6'7', sick as that track was, if you listen you'll hear what i mean. it's the very beginning of the hyper, A.D.D. weezy lol.
                    This!!!

Those bars were the first thing that impressed me

Was surprized that no one even mentioned that unpredictable flow when I came on here after my first listen

Comment

Originally posted by Pux View Post
                      This!!!

Those bars were the first thing that impressed me

Was surprized that no one even mentioned that unpredictable flow when I came on here after my first listen
                      Yeah, a lot of people love that track (including myself) but may not even realize they love it so much because he's doing his '07-'09 flow and not the new Trap Weezy A.D.D. flow as I've dubbed it lol. They're both different and both ill in their own ways, but I think a lot of us judge him primarily based on that peak era flow.

Comment

Wayne Is fine how he is he is doin him and he still has it if you don't think he don't have it anymore then you just aint smart enough to understand what hes saying
                        And even if the sky come fallin BITCH imma still be high

Comment

There you go you just said it yourself, You was bitching at me for saying i was talking about everybody's opinion and you just said i am one person and that is my opinion, so i don't so see how you were saying i was speaking for everybody?

It would have been different if you said, " I dont wanna hear that shit " but you said Nobody did. Your not everybody. So you wouldnt know what everybody wants to hear. This little argument is stupid, I was only trying to point out to you that not everybody shares the same opinion you do.

Comment

Working...
                          X