Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Blueprint IV vs. Tha Carter V ("Which Will Sell More?" Discussion)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I truely think C5 sales will be based on the first single. If its a pussy filled song that will turn a lot of "Hip Hop heads" away from it but if it's some good classic Wayne a million first week should be expected IMO

Comment

Originally posted by TunechiLionchess View Post
      FIRST WEEK SALES:

The Blueprint - 420,000 (Jay-z 6th studio album)
      The Blueprint 2 - 545,000
      The Blueprint 3 - 476,000

Tha Carter - 116,000 (Lil Wayne's 4th studio album)
      Tha Carter II - 238,000 (not 100% positive)
      Tha Carter III - 1,005,545 (Lil Wayne's 6th studio album)
      Tha Carter IV -
      I guess Lil Wayne will win with sales by looking at them numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by LilMeazy View Post
        He said that in 2011 though .. since then he has said "I said I might retire, You know I'll be high"

Nobody knows when he's going to retire and I don't think even Wayne knows either.
        I understand, it might be 2018 or not who knows, as you said I even agree, I don't think even Wayne knows.

Comment

Wayne has lost alot fans since his drop in lyricism n every song being about pussy, he has to go back to his old style to surpass jay z

Comment

Jigga has always been a fad to me ever since I was a kid....I think you guys are underestimating the severity of C5(last​ album)...it will do better than hov's album...in both aspects...

Comment

Originally posted by Weezy_KB24 View Post
              Wayne will sell more and put out a better album... I know he won't fuck up C5.
              I don't set out to be different. I set out to be me, and people think that's different.

Comment

Originally posted by Ricky_ View Post
                Wayne has lost alot fans since his drop in lyricism n every song being about pussy, he has to go back to his old style to surpass jay z
                he's gotta get back up on that old carter flow, then it'll be a battle. otherwise i don't see him beating jay.
                but knowing weezy he'll surprise us like always

weezy > tunechi.. get wid it ..

Comment

Its gonna depend on Jay's singles tbh. Wayne lost a lot of fans after C4 was such a big disappointment. Plus he had hit singles on C4, so that helped his sales a lot. But I'd bet anybody here that C5 doesn't crack 900k shipped in a week tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by BAMBAM View Post
                    Its gonna depend on Jay's singles tbh. Wayne lost a lot of fans after C4 was such a big disappointment. Plus he had hit singles on C4, so that helped his sales a lot. But I'd bet anybody here that C5 doesn't crack 900k shipped in a week tbh.
                    birdman already got preorders b

Comment

Originally posted by Goobz2bags View Post
                      birdman already got preorders b
                      Damn, I forgot about Birdman plehboi

Comment

what if Nino 3 came wit C5 as an exclusive.....shit would be crazy

only in my dreams...

"Born in New Orleans, raised in New Orleans, I will forever remain faithful New Orleans"

Comment

both could do 500,000 first week easy more than that would be based off the success of singles and promotion. Lyrically they would both be at the top of their games if it was in fact their last albums so there would really be no way to compare just based off personal preferences. Comparing the albums I would think Jay's would probably play through better since Wayne's albums never really have any order to them. Flow wise I think Wayne would have the potential to beat Jay there, but that is assuming he could get back to his prime form. Honestly I would buy BOTH!

Comment

Working...
                          X