Autotune Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Autotune Discussion Thread

Ok. Let me start off by saying, when I first heard Wayne use autotune, I was blown away. I always listened to him, but I was never as big of a fan as I was once I heard him start to use autotune. Now, I'm talkin the GOOD autotune wayne....intro on dedication 3, lollipop (obviously...), paradice...songs like that. I don't know what it is about his voice, his flow, his energy when he's using autotune, but its fucking incredible to me. Although, when he uses it now...its on the softer/not as noticeable side, which kinda bugs me. I was just curious to see everyone's opinion on Weezy's use of autotune. Discuss!
    Lollipop
    0%
    Me and My Drank
    0%
    Dedication 3 (The Song)
    0%
    Go Getter
    0%
    Told Yall
    0%
    Troublemaker
    0%
    Ryder
    0%
    Priceless (Off Birdman's Album)
    0%
    My Reality (Off Mack's Mixtape)
    0%
    Got Money
    0%
    I Can Take Your Girl
    0%
    Uptown (Off Drake Mixtape)
    0%
    Turn on the Lights
    0%
    Scream & Shout
    0%
    In the Morning
    0%

I honestly think he's the best to ever do autotune. Wayne's voice goes perfectly with that shit. T-Pain is good and all, but there's something about Wayne when he uses it.

Comment

Originally posted by ABjerg View Post
      I honestly think he's the best to ever do autotune. Wayne's voice goes perfectly with that shit. T-Pain is good and all, but there's something about Wayne when he uses it.

exaaaaactly dude. when t-pain uses it, its almost too perfect, not to mention the fact that t-pain yells wayyy to much and that shit hurts my ears lmao. but wayne's autotune usage was always messy, but in a good way, it just fits with his voice perfectly.

Comment

have yall ever tried to use autotune on your own voice??

not matter if its smooth as fuck or messy as wayne's it will sound perfect.

''They say they want the drugs to stop but imma major setback when my album drop''

Comment

Originally posted by WeezyFan View Post
          have yall ever tried to use autotune on your own voice??

not matter if its smooth as fuck or messy as wayne's it will sound perfect.
          lmao yo ive been using autotune for about 5+ years now i rap/sing and it doesnt matter what settings you use or what effects you use to make it sound perfect....nothing you do can compare to what wayne does with it cuz no one has the voice he does, and the voice is what controls autotune, the autotune doesnt control your voice.

Comment

Originally posted by TrukDaWurl77 View Post
            lmao yo ive been using autotune for about 5+ years now i rap/sing and it doesnt matter what settings you use or what effects you use to make it sound perfect....nothing you do can compare to what wayne does with it cuz no one has the voice he does, and the voice is what controls autotune, the autotune doesnt control your voice.
            That's why you need to learn to control autotune with your voice to make it sound good, it's easy as fuck

''They say they want the drugs to stop but imma major setback when my album drop''

Comment

That's why you need to learn to control autotune with your voice to make it sound good, it's easy as fuck
              not tryin to sound like a dick bro but i dont need to learn how to control autotune with my voice....i know how to use autotune. i can fuckin harmonize 7 different vocal layers together perfectly if i want to and sound better than t-pain easily....what im saying is that wayne does shit differently with his vocals...little moans, holds out notes, etc. to replicate and try and copy the way he sings with autotune would be retarded as fuck cuz youd sound like youre trying to sound like wayne. which once again proves my point that no one can autotune the way he does.

Comment

- - - Updated - - -

not tryin to sound like a dick bro but i dont need to learn how to control autotune with my voice....i know how to use autotune. i can fuckin harmonize 7 different vocal layers together perfectly if i want to and sound better than t-pain easily....what im saying is that wayne does shit differently with his vocals...little moans, holds out notes, etc. to replicate and try and copy the way he sings with autotune would be retarded as fuck cuz youd sound like youre trying to sound like wayne. which once again proves my point that no one can autotune the way he does.
                I know what you mean bro... Like how he did the chorus for "Most Wanted Rockstar" was dope as fuck man
                R.I.P DAD

Comment

curtains my favorite song on ianahb2
                  but i dont know if that is cus of the autotune

Comment

Originally posted by back on my bullish*t View Post
                    curtains my favorite song on ianahb2
                    but i dont know if that is cus of the autotune
                    i love that song, i prefer i aint nervous but regardless its an amazing song. the thing is, 2013 autotunechi compared to 2008 autotunechi has a completely notable difference.....what i mean by that is that he doesnt sound fucked up anymore lmao. there arent any little moans, whining, shit like that. he sounds 100% sober compared to back then, which is perfectly fine...but i prefer 08 autotune.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by J.M.I View Post
                    - - - Updated - - -

I know what you mean bro... Like how he did the chorus for "Most Wanted Rockstar" was dope as fuck man
                    yea man exactly. but if you listen to songs like 'i can take your girl', he just takes autotune to a whole different level, especially in the beginning of the song when he starts moaning and shit, thats the shit im talking about. no one can copy/replicate that sound.

Comment

i love that song, i prefer i aint nervous but regardless its an amazing song. the thing is, 2013 autotunechi compared to 2008 autotunechi has a completely notable difference.....what i mean by that is that he doesnt sound fucked up anymore lmao. there arent any little moans, whining, shit like that. he sounds 100% sober compared to back then, which is perfectly fine...but i prefer 08 autotune.

- - - Updated - - -

yea man exactly. but if you listen to songs like 'i can take your girl', he just takes autotune to a whole different level, especially in the beginning of the song when he starts moaning and shit, thats the shit im talking about. no one can copy/replicate that sound.
                      Yeah i know what you mean Wayne's autotune sounds good and diffrent in every song but Tpain just always sounds the same wayne takes it to another level imo ... Cant forget the start of "Beat The Shit" aswell haha
                      R.I.P DAD

Comment

Originally posted by J.M.I View Post
                        Yeah i know what you mean Wayne's autotune sounds good and diffrent in every song but Tpain just always sounds the same wayne takes it to another level imo ... Cant forget the start of "Beat The Shit" aswell haha
                        yeah man exactly. and lmao t-pain used to be my favorite at one point but his shit just got old. always screamin and yellin. but yea i thought beat the shit was gonna be a completely autotuned song when i first heard it and i got so pumped, but regardless it was still dope af...one of my fav's off ianahb2.

Comment

Working...
                        X