• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Proof View Post
    and? that is a better album than anything wayne has put out in years

ehhhh, is it tho?

all i remember about that album, is an ungodly amount of twinkling,

like tinkerbell produced the shit,

i will say hto,

it sounds a lottttt better while living in toronto, then u really get a feel for it, and it rides kinda nice.

anywhere else tho, and its like god, dont have i some currensy or something.

Comment

and? that is a better album than anything wayne has put out in years
      Cause only albums Wayne has put out recently were IANAHB2 and C4. Drake ain't touching Wayne in the mixtape department at all, str8 like that.

Have fun with the mixtape, it's dope.

Comment

• Originally posted by mode View Post
        ehhhh, is it tho?

all i remember about that album, is an ungodly amount of twinkling,

like tinkerbell produced the shit,

i will say hto,

it sounds a lottttt better while living in toronto, then u really get a feel for it, and it rides kinda nice.

anywhere else tho, and its like god, dont have i some currensy or something.
        its an album that has a different kind of feel to it but thats why i like it....he is evolving as an artist even now with NWTS....wayne hasnt evolved in a long time and most likely never will again....idk from what im hearing from D5 so far its ok i guess...some cool lines hear and there but nothing i will remember or give a shit about next week. drake just makes music that i can listen to years later and still connect with

Comment

• Yeah, we definitely ain't getting C5 until he's about to go out... & he'll go out in a blaze of glory, on top with a masterpiece... I can't wait for it, but I want it to be the last thing he does, and we know that'll be a while.

Comment

its an album that has a different kind of feel to it but thats why i like it....he is evolving as an artist even now with NWTS....wayne hasnt evolved in a long time and most likely never will again....idk from what im hearing from D5 so far its ok i guess...some cool lines hear and there but nothing i will remember or give a shit about next week. drake just makes music that i can listen to years later and still connect with

so you one of those depressed motha fuckas?

Comment

yeah true, he definitely.. explores somethings sonically, that are little different. so i could get that,

hmmm, wayne evolving... thats interesting.. cos the mans already like venosaur.. or something,

as an artist.. the more i listen reto dedication 5, the more i think, it might be the most cohesive thing hes done in years, like not since..

idk, dedication 2? but even this seems more calculated, so thats some kind of evolution...

but hmm, i would like to see him evolve.. thematically.. like.. what does adult wayne have to say,

p much, give me hollywood divorce wayne full time, and ill be straight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Weezy_KB24 View Post
                so you one of those depressed motha fuckas?

if liking good music makes me depressed than call me clinical

Comment

hmmm, wayne evolving... thats interesting.. cos the mans already like venosaur.. or something,
                  so funny but true

Comment

you straight buggin...

shit you wouldnt give a fuck about next week? dont tell me you one of them motherfuckers. D5 is a huge step up from D4 and he practically destroyed and claimed each of those beats aside from New Slaves.

Levels
                    Cream
                    UOENO
                    Fuckin Problems
                    You Song
                    Still Got That Rock
                    Live Life
                    Pure Colombia
                    Typa Way
                    FuckWithMeYouKnowIGotIt

the mixtape is just great and his best shit since No Ceilings, if you looking for old Wayne, this mixtape has traces of him throughout. Specifically Cream, You Song, Levels, Thinkin About You, Still Got That Rock, etc.

Yeah Drake's that nigga and he's on top of his game and in his prime right now, but let's not forget who created this man, taught/influenced him, and best overall artist. D5 is Wayne's way of saying he's getting on track to showing motherfuckers what made him who the fuck he is and why he's one of the greatest. D5 also shows his hunger's back because 29 tracks is truly impressing.

Comment

• i thought he took started too,

ive probably already played dont kill more than kendrick lamars, just cos wayne gets straight to it, but kendricks is cool too.

live life i just havent warmed up too, cos that ransom sound is sooooo old already, and then euro coming on w the drake flow,

but wayne was pretty live on it tho,

thats whats crazy about this tape for me, through 29 tracks, you cant really point to a wayne verse, and say he was all the way off.

so yeah, its crazy impressive

Comment

i thought he took started too,

ive probably already played dont kill more than kendrick lamars, just cos wayne gets straight to it, but kendricks is cool too.

live life i just havent warmed up too, cos that ransom sound is sooooo old already, and then euro coming on w the drake flow,

but wayne was pretty live on it tho,

thats whats crazy about this tape for me, through 29 tracks, you cant really point to a wayne verse, and say he was all the way off.

so yeah, its crazy impressive
                        lol shit is weird, like 3 hours ago my fav was Fuckin Problems

Now Live Life is my fav again

Comment

• Originally posted by 2006WayneForever View Post
                          I really hope Carter 5 is as good as The Original Carter 3, bro. Listening to these C3 outtakes and they are literally some of the greatest songs I ever heard. From any genre. Some fuckin' awesome storytellin' by Wayne. One Night Only? Pussy, Money, Weed? Something You Forgot? If those segued each other, it'd be some of the greatest transition known to man on any LP.

Fuckin' nothing short of genius. And I wouldn't really say that about most of his catalog. But The C3 Sessions end is so spectacular. And I hope D5 was an indication of things to come. Imagine what the vids would have been like? Ugh.
                          We all want that. But do you honestly see that happening with C5?

Sure Wayne delivers occasionally with some stuff but that reminds people that he's still got it in him.

But nothing in the world is gonna top the C3 sessions. The man lives a completely different lifestyle than he did in that era.
                          #FreeColleGrove2

Comment

Working...
                          X