Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would prime Lil Wayne survive In the 90's ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would prime Lil Wayne survive In the 90's ?

The 90's was the best decade for hip-hop as we all know but my question is do you think wayne would survive or be as huge in the 90s in his prime and for the bitches about to say you cant put lil wayne in te 90's, its like putting lebron james in the 90's he wouldnt be as good! but is it different for wayne?

for me i don't think so lil wayne would get dissed so much for rappers i think he couldnt hold his own in the 90's in his prime

He could. Think of it this way... Wayne has SO many styles and could adjust to nearly anything. Originally (and tbh his true self) was the gangsta rapper he started with, although around mid 2000s he was on some heavy gangsta music with C2. I feel like, mainly due to C2 music alone, he could survive back then. His flow isn't even a problem, and his delivery/lyricism was powerful in C2 that had a 90s feel to it.

And we know Wayne's capable of producing political tracks (or lyrical tracks such as death of a friend since tracks like these were popular at the time). Proof that Wayne's good with political tracks? Georgia Bush alone speaks volumes. Proof of tracks about death/loss of someone? "Everything" (about his stepfather), Get Over (C2), etc.

He would've fit just fine... Only reason we have the kind of Wayne we have today is because he's so well at adapting. Wayne could've blended in very well. And actually, no one honestly knows the full potential of Wayne. Who knows, the prime of him from C2-C3 times could've been but a mere fraction of what he's fully capable of. We just don't know.

But yeah to answer your question... no doubt in my mind he would've fit. ONLY thing is that his voice at the time probably would've been knocked off/laughed at. But if you meant Wayne with his voice/age around 2004-2008 era, then yes.

Comment

wayne can survive in any year

Comment

Originally posted by YM Salute View Post
        He could. Think of it this way... Wayne has SO many styles and could adjust to nearly anything. Originally (and tbh his true self) was the gangsta rapper he started with, although around mid 2000s he was on some heavy gangsta music with C2. I feel like, mainly due to C2 music alone, he could survive back then. His flow isn't even a problem, and his delivery/lyricism was powerful in C2 that had a 90s feel to it.

And we know Wayne's capable of producing political tracks (or lyrical tracks such as death of a friend since tracks like these were popular at the time). Proof that Wayne's good with political tracks? Georgia Bush alone speaks volumes. Proof of tracks about death/loss of someone? "Everything" (about his stepfather), Get Over (C2), etc.

He would've fit just fine... Only reason we have the kind of Wayne we have today is because he's so well at adapting. Wayne could've blended in very well. And actually, no one honestly knows the full potential of Wayne. Who knows, the prime of him from C2-C3 times could've been but a mere fraction of what he's fully capable of. We just don't know.

But yeah to answer your question... no doubt in my mind he would've fit. ONLY thing is that his voice at the time probably would've been knocked off/laughed at. But if you meant Wayne with his voice/age around 2004-2008 era, then yes.

you have a great point !!!! but what about dissing? he would get ALOT of hate and in 90's if someone threw you the right diss your career was over , could he survive a NWA diss, krs-one ,wu - tang , 2pac, big L etc

Comment

Originally posted by dametri426 View Post
          you have a great point !!!! but what about dissing? he would get ALOT of hate and in 90's if someone threw you the right diss your career was over , could he survive a NWA diss, krs-one ,wu - tang , 2pac, big L etc
          That right there... I can't answer. Disses back then were way more vital and brutal than the disses of these times. I feel originally disses/beef were vital and big in Hip Hop, and we know that Wayne isn't the type to be with any of that.

But I out of those we could knock KRS-One for even dissing Wayne.. in fact he loves Wayne's work. Pac, Big L, Biggie, etc.. not sure. Wayne survived a 50 Cent diss and we all know 50 Cent had the kind of disses that could end careers. But again, the way 50 Cent disses is different than Pac/Biggie/etc.

His music would've easily fit back then and I could see him flourishing, but it's hard to decide diss-wise since we haven't heard Wayne at full potential with his disses (he's not into dissing, but back then he would've had to if necessary to survive in the game).

One of Wayne's harshest jabs was in fact Georgia Bush which was actually really really good. So who knows what Wayne could've pumped out.

Comment

Maybe if his albums sounded like tha carter II

Comment

weezy would of been the best in the 90s easily.
              when you have a work ethic like he did, it will always pay off.

Comment

Originally posted by Lil wayne prezident View Post
                weezy would of been the best in the 90s easily.
                when you have a work ethic like he did, it will always pay off.

Comment

Originally posted by dametri426 View Post
                  The 90's was the best decade for hip-hop as we all know but my question is do you think wayne would survive or be as huge in the 90s in his prime and for the bitches about to say you cant put lil wayne in te 90's, its like putting lebron james in the 90's he wouldnt be as good! but is it different for wayne?

for me i don't think so lil wayne would get dissed so much for rappers i think he couldnt hold his own in the 90's in his prime
                  Easily =)

I also think Lil Wayne would spend time dissing other rappers than he does nowadays too.

Comment

SPOILER

Comment

Originally posted by back on my bullish*t View Post
                      SPOILER

Comment

Lil wayne has adapted to hip hop so many times, as hip hop changed so did wayne, i think he sold himself out tho by not aticking with his true style which was like C2, autotune wayne would have nver been born if it didnt go big in hip hop, but lil wayne would of adapted in the 90s and would of easily been a good well known rapper

Comment

Working...
                        X