No announcement yet.

Why does Ye Get A Pass?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In listening to Yeezus and dissecting it, then buying it, and listening more, it is all I could've asked for from Kanye. I was thinking that it was the type of album I expected from Weezy by this point in his career. A unique lane like he was beginning to form with the C3 sessions and a sound that was uniform throughout the album, making it a project, not just a mixtape or collection of songs. If Kanye produced Weezy's next album in it's entirety and was allowed to criticize and help, it would be a classic. Difference between the two are, as big as Kanye's ego is, he has a team of people that help him work on his album and analyze each sound and line, whereas Weezy is more simplified and puts in the work almost solo, with guest verses added and multiple unrelated producers. Looking back to 2007 when both were on top, it's hard to believe where they've both ended up and the paths they took to it. No doubt in my mind Weezy is my #1 and Kanye is my #2 for my top 5 so take that as you may.

Comment

Originally posted by WeezYIsCraaazY View Post
      And let's be honest, Yeezus, especially from a critical perspective (esp. from an unbiased perspective), is better than anything Wayne has put out in years.
      smfh.

Comment

Originally posted by Lil wayne prezident View Post
        smfh.
        Typical response. I'd love to hear why you think otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by WeezYIsCraaazY View Post
          Typical response. I'd love to hear why you think otherwise.
          well mainly because I like and enjoy Wayne's music whereas I don't really enjoy kanye's music.

i guess it's all opinions.

Comment

Originally posted by Lil wayne prezident View Post
            well mainly because I like and enjoy Wayne's music whereas I don't really enjoy kanye's music.

i guess it's all opinions.
            I certainly appreciate that; I prefer Public Enemy's music to Nas', but that doesn't mean they're better.

Comment

Originally posted by Kushed God View Post
              Lil Wayne and Kanye West are similar in a lot of ways. They both take chances with their music and even what they wear, but only Lil Wayne gets hated on. Why is this?

They both wear some weird clothes. Wayne's swag has been off since he got out. And it seems Ye can't not wear some tight leather pants. Didn't he even wear a skirt?

After listening to Yeezus even though the production was dope as fuck it seems Kanye's lyrical game has fallen off. I would put C4,D4 & IANAHBII above Yeezus lyrically.

So why is it that Wayne gets hated on by seemingly everybody, but Kanye can do a lot of the same things and nobody says anything?

Well I would say that Kanye is a more controversial artist. Nobody looks at Kanye and Wayne the same way since they are very different and look at music a different way. The biggest risk Wayne took was obviously Rebirth, and kayne was 808s, but if you look at both of those projects, I mean Rebirth is clearly the more riskier route. 808s is easier to listen to for true hip hop fans as oppose to Wayne fanatics that might have a hard time transitioning to an album like Carter 2 to a completely different genre. As far as fashion goes, Kanye is a trend setter, you might not see it because a lot of people on this website don't really pay attention to fashion, but that's just from my perspective. Kanye just likes to be different and as I've said before, controversial even if he claims to hate the attention etc. Kanye hasn't fallen off lyrically, he just wanted to take a minimalistic route for Yeezus. I really agree with you, the lyrics could have been better, however you can't say C4, D4, or even Human Being 2 is lyrically better than Yeezus, I really don't see how you could think that. His worse lyrism on Yeezus was I'm In it, that's the only song I would even consider comparing to Wayne 2011-Present. Wayne is Wayne, he is going to get hated for everything. Kanye is seen as more of an icon because he raps and produces, in a relationship with Kim Kardashian, has a lot of issues with the media. so people will give him chances because they take Kanye more seriously. That's just how I see it.

Comment

Lol C4, D4, and IANAHB2 aren't better than Yeezus.

Lil Wayne, Drake, Chance the Rapper, Skooly, Rich Homie Quan, 2 Chainz.

Comment

Originally posted by TyIquan View Post
                  Lol C4, D4, and IANAHB2 aren't better than Yeezus.

Production wise no, but lyrically Yeezus was garbage. I said I would put them above Yeezus and that's my opinion. Don't really care if you agree with it or not.
                  Last edited by Kushed God; 06-23-2013, 01:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Leaff View Post
                    Wayne is the better rapper. Kanye is the better artist
                    Naah as an artist all in all Wayne goes over any rapper. As a rapper he is far away from the best alive
                    Take it out the wrapper, sit it on the stove
                    Break a gram off and put it in my bitch nose
                    She tells me how it feels, she's numb, she's froze
                    Bitch! wake up and help me cook these o's
                    I gotta get my cake up see all I eat is dough
                    I'm a dangerous mothafucka watch your feets, your toes

Comment

Originally posted by YM Salute View Post
                      So you're telling me, excluding from currently, that Wayne isn't the better overall artist? Factor in the overall package: flow, lyrics, passion, delivery, emotion, variety of music, content, wit, etc.
                      Wayne is so repetitive now. All of kanyes albums get critical acclaim and they all sound completely different.

Comment

Originally posted by KidComet View Post
                        Cause Kanye always stayed true to himself

While Weezy lost so much fans after he turned from gangster rapper, to rock rapper, to skateboard rapper, all while still talking about the same things.

How you gonna skateboard and still claim to shoot guns and kill people
                        Not that I believe Wayne is a killer but you can't shoot someone if you like to skate?
                        Originally posted by Lil Waynes Height View Post
                        Wayne is so repetitive now. All of kanyes albums get critical acclaim and they all sound completely different.
                        I thanked this post by accident
                        "Armed and dangerous, rich and famous, young and restless
                        Guns and stretchers
                        Cristal and dubs for breakfast
                        I just got one suggestion - none should test him
                        'Cause cuz get hectic; send one through your sons intestines
                        Glocks knock lungs from chests, you get the portrait?
                        Bodies piled up on porches, it won't be gorgeous"

Comment

Everybody is terrible lately, I listened to all of waynes latest project once then never listened to them again (d4, IANAHBII, C4)

I got 4 tracks into yeezus and got bored and turned it off, Maybe I'm just not into rap or music in general anymore.

Just realised I didn't even add to the topic OP injected, fuck it.

Comment

Working...
                          X