D5 Skits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by trstmeimapro View Post
    I liked the skits, I just didn't like that one about the competition in the rap game. It's weird cuz on D2 when asked about competition he was just like Im the fucking best and nobody comparing to me
    there's more talent out there now rather than back then, but now he's more mature about it. he's got a nicer way of saying i'm still the best... he just let's his music express that.

Comment

Originally posted by IAmChristian_ View Post
      there's more talent out there now rather than back then, but now he's more mature about it. he's got a nicer way of saying i'm still the best... he just let's his music express that.
      More talent/competition now?

Back then he was up against Jay-Z, Eminem, Kanye West, Snoop, Andre 3k, 50 Cent, Nas, etc.

And that was during/around their primes and when they were all active. No offense to Kendrick/Cole/Drake/whoever else is like top dog right now but that group of people + others I didn't even mention when Wayne was rising up do not match up to their primes. Wayne's competition back then was much tougher than now.

Kinda wish he saw it as a competition still but I guess he grew up in the game during a different time period, so these newer rappers prolly still ain't enough to wake him up.

Comment

Originally posted by YM Salute View Post
        More talent/competition now?

Back then he was up against Jay-Z, Eminem, Kanye West, Snoop, Andre 3k, 50 Cent, Nas, etc.

And that was during/around their primes and when they were all active. No offense to Kendrick/Cole/Drake/whoever else is like top dog right now but that group of people + others I didn't even mention when Wayne was rising up do not match up to their primes. Wayne's competition back then was much tougher than now.

Kinda wish he saw it as a competition still but I guess he grew up in the game during a different time period, so these newer rappers prolly still ain't enough to wake him up.

yeah, I know that. I mean, back then all you had was that group of people who were on top. that's all you heard of, and those were who were on top. now, you have new talent every single day, and so much undiscovered talent that it's hard to call yourself the best now, with all these others claiming to be the same.

back then, Wayne called himself the best. he didn't care about all those big named rappers then, cause in his mind, he was the best rapper alive.

now, he's different about it. he don't come out & say it anymore, he just let's his music express that. he had to fight to get that title of being the best. now, there's no competition for him. he doesn't have anything left to prove... he is the best.

Comment

Working...
        X