Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Personal Dedication 5 Review (Track By Track)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Personal Dedication 5 Review (Track By Track)

The 5th Instalment of the Dedication series by Lil Wayne "Dedication 5"

It's a long read (Didn't Review Skits)

Just a personal review of what i thought of each track so appreciate the feedback and what you guys think of my review i know most of you have already made up your mind on the tape just wanted to do a track by track.

1. Im Good ft. The Weeknd
    I personally waited for a while for these two to collab and the result was great, The Weeknd does a great job on the beat as it starts to build up to the chorus as he goes in to a smooth flow. Great and catchy chorus as during the song Weeknd reflects on being famous "Ever since i been famous my time has been racing" as the song ends with Weezy reflecting on the song title acknowledging the YMCMB camp, Great way to start off the Mixtape.

2. Dont Kill
    I did want Weezy do go over the beat as the same way as Kendrick but he didnt exacty do that but still made it decent enough to listen, Its a nice listen but like me if you played and listened GKMC alot it might sound a little off but not so bad that you cant listen to it. I do like how he picks up his flow towards the end of the first verse, The second verse i love the punchlines and the way he keeps flow the ongoing, Overall nice listen.

3. New Slaves
    Now im going to say this straight off the bat i was disappointed with Wayne on this track, Starts off pretty decent but again if you have heard Yeezus and the original song New Slaves he obviously isnt going to talk about the current situation of the world etc, But second verse Wayne does his thing again going in with a great flow, Finishing off the song "Whip it like like a new slave" reminded me of some classic Wayne.

4. Typa Way ft. T.I
    One of my favourites on the mixtape going over Rich Homie Quan's beat Wayne does what he is known for i love the way Wayne uses the flow from the original song and does a great job, With rememberable as he goes on consistently for 2:50 Seconds, The song features T.I personally i feel Wayne had done these songs and with T.I being on tour with Lil Wayne, He allowed him to add some verses to some songs but not taking anything away from T.I as he does great on this song i sometimes go to the next song when Wayne's verse finishes but its nice to see some new T.I.

5. You Song ft. Chance The Rapper
    I had never listened to Chance before this and didn't know what to expect he reminds of of Lil B a tiny bit but i couldnt really get in to his verse seemed a little sloppy and over the place but maybe thats the way he raps? Not taking anything away from him i mean getting Wayne asking you for a song is great so im happy for him, Also love the MJ sample used in the song and the beat is catchy, The chorus was a little weird to me at first but it comes very catchy easily, A certain part of Wayne's verse reminded me of a verse from the song "Mario - Crying Out For Me Remix" As there is a bit in that song where Wayne is talking about a conversation he has with a girl in a form of rhyming with lyrics i would paste the lyrics but i dont want it to be too long but i defiantly recommend you listen to the song and listen to this song its a real stand out point to me in this song.

6. Started
    Going over the Drake Song SFTB again Wayne does a great job on this song, The flow is great as it's a continuous flow as he uses the chorus reference as "Yall dont want no problems up in here" this again is one of my fav's on the tape theres not too much to be said here great song.

7. Live Life ft. Euro
    First time i listened to this song the fast going beat made it a great way for Wayne to open up in to this song and loved the way Wayne always goes in to the song fast as it gives off a great vibe, Featured on this song is Euro Young Money's new signee, I had heard a little about him a couple of hours before the tape dropped and he was getting good reviews as his verse was really neat and nice as he finished off his verse with "2Pac's hologram was realer than these nigga's" which was nice way to finish his verse, T@ is also featured i think and all i can say its a nice verse nothing great overall nice song.

8. Itchin
    Beat by Mike Will first hearing this is a deep beat and this is a okay song but personally i usually skip this song just the type of song it is i cant really be banging this song all the time, Later on in to the song it gets better, But one of the songs i dont like on this mix tape and usually skip.

9. Way Im Ballin ft. Mack Maine, Future & Birdman
    As stated before Wayne going in with a great flow fits in for a great song, Really like this song as one of the quotes i love in this song is "Dressed up like a old lady, Uzi under my church dress, "Surprise yo ass like a baby...taking his first step" the chorus is catchy and show of how Wayne was having fun on the tape referencing Niel Armstong, Mack Maine has a nice verse too nothing amazing, Future does his thing with the Autotune and is great on the song and Birdman does his usual thing bragging about Money, Rich Gang etc but it never gets old.

10. Thinkin About You
    If you listen to the beat it may remind you of "Triggerman" sample also used in the T.I song "Ball" If you have been listening to Wayne for a long time and you know what his sort of love songs are like this might remind you a little of them songs as Wayne is just vibing out may not be a standout on the Mixtape but its catchy here and there.

11. Pure Colombia
    Really pumped beat once it kicks in but the start of the song reminds me of some classic Wayne as he freestyles on the start and its a really great song as you can easily tell Wayne is having fun on this song, He references Lil Kim "My Rolex just got a new face, Shout out Lil Kim" Seems like Kim mad at this she responded on Twitter but she look like a frog now its a shame anyway another great song.

12. Bugatti ft. Boo
    Most people will have already had their thoughts on this song so i wont say much about it but nice by Wayne due to the catchy song hook Boo wasnt too bad on this song too, Decent song.

13. Still Got That Rock
    First when i had seen the tracklist i was thinking this was going to be a rock song and also when the song started i was still thinking the same but the beat is actually great dont know who did it but its really nice beat with the gutair solo going on in the back, Wayne did his thing on this track some funny punchlines such as the iPhone Siri line, Great song.

14. FuckWitMeYouKnowIGotIt T.I
    I was really expecting Wayne to start this song the way Jay and Rick Ross did it with the bass drops, but it wasnt like that as Wayne builded up to the beat and had a nice flow going on in the song as the song as it went on, Chilled song but i really wanted Wayne to go in on this song a tiny bit disappointed but not a bad song, T.I has a short verse on the end of the song its an okay verse again felt like it was just added after Wayne had done the song.

15. UOENO
    Seeing this on the tracklist was nice although this song has been done by various artists Wayne didnt disappoint on this beat, First verse Wayne has his flow really nice as he quotes "Im still coming off the top of the dome" as it shows the flow he has, the rest of the song is great i was surprised at Waynes flow a little as he was going straight in with the punclines would have been nice if he left in the Future solo on the piano at the end but great song.

16. Levels ft Vado
    Going over Meek Mill's song a great beat and Wayne really kills this song one of my fav's on the Mixtape the flow is on point with the beat and these sort of beats Wayne shows what he is made of, "Skating on em like im Lil Wayne" was a meh moment in the song but nevertheless can't take it away from Wayne as he shines on this beat, Vado is featured on the song and his verse is also nice as he goes in i could have seen alot of artists on this song and really want to see more people on this song.

17. Cream ft. Euro
    My favourite song on the Mixtape, Using the Wu Tang classic beat Euro starts off with nice verse although its short its really nice, This is one that really reminded me of classic Wayne not only because of his flow the beat made it perfect for Wayne im sure alot of people were happy with Wayne on this beat as it just brings that Swagger back from Wayne which alot of people say he isn't anymore it shows he can still do it it'll be great if theres more of this Wayne to see coming.

18. Devastation ft. Gudda Gudda
    Really dark and heavily bass song fans always like when Wayne and Gudda collab and its no different here Gudda has his usual flow but his usual stand out from his songs and Wayne starts off his verse going in as i have said before is great as far as it goes for me overall beat is great Wayne and Gudda is great as always.

19. Fuckin Problems ft. Kidd Kidd & Euro
    Maybe not the best song on the Mixtape but its up there as Wayne does the flow of Drake and really he really makes his flow fit in to the song nice verse from wayne, Euro is also really neat on the song not much to say again but still his verses on the tape are a nice add, Finally Kidd Kidd is featured being a long time Wayne fan you can expect the usual from him his voice flow was nice to see him and Weezy on a song, Like the song overall.

20. Feds Watching ft. 2Chainz & T.I
    I think this was a nice song to finish off the tape love the original song, 2Chainz verse was kept the same it would have been nice to see 2Chainz and Wayne on the tape but he was probably busy with his new album coming soon, Wayne's verse is nice started off a little stale but he does pick it up as the verse and is a nice verse finally T.I has a nice verse personally his best verse on the whole tape but overall great way to finish the tape.

To round it up i liked the tape took me a few listens to get in to the tape fully, I do think its a vast improvement from D4 with the production and what not i do miss some of the flow on D4 only a tiny bit like the way Wayne went in on Cahsed Out and Don't Like i know they were bangers but yeah i still would pick this tape over D4, Euro was a nice feature to add to the tape and looking forward to more from him hope YMCMB dont keep him on the low let him out since hes featured on D5, But in order its D2>D1>D5>D3>D4, I still loved D3 I'm 50/50 with D3 and D5 but hey thats me. Hope you read it all if you did please let me know what you thought of it took me a while to write this all out.

Thank You!

What is your rating out of 10 ?

Comment

good read, I agreed with you 90%

Comment

Originally posted by Tuneechi View Post
        good read, I agreed with you 100%
        lil correction from me [MENTION=68146]Tuneechi[/MENTION] don't get my wrong bro, dats my opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by YMCMB357 View Post
        What is your rating out of 10 ?

#CARTERVSEASON

Comment

nice read man, I agree with you on almost everything...

Comment

good read OP.

Comment

I honestly want to see EVERY review on D5 as a song-by-song review and to also note the negatives and positives, not just negatives. This review was great.

Comment

Originally posted by YM Salute View Post
                I honestly want to see EVERY review on D5 as a song-by-song review and to also note the negatives and positives, not just negatives. This review was great.
                same
                you wont see a review like this on any hiphop site

Comment

this mixtape was very huge and had huge hype behind it now that I think about it

with that being said I know it may be asked to other artists in the game what they think about it

I wanna hear Kendrick, Drake, Kanye, and Hov's opinion the most for some reason

Comment

I mean its cool that u took ur time to do this, but this isn't exactly a great track by track review.. You're not really going into detail. U coulda posted this shit in the D5 thread

Aint worthy of a whole thread on its own

What comes easy, won't Last. What Lasts won't come easy.

Comment

Great read OP, i agreed with you on most of them.

Comment

Originally posted by YoungTunechie View Post
                        Great read OP, i agreed with you on most of them.
                        Why can't you be yourself man? I feel like you're trying too hard to fit in .. just chill and be yourself man.

No disrespect .. just helping you out.

Comment

Working...
                        X