Misunderstood etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Misunderstood etc.

Maybe I'm f-ing retarded right now, but I cannot figure out WTF that line on d5 means when he says something about Mack (Maine?) being okay and starting to call him Macintosh. Am I missing something obvious or is this just a weak line?

Also, I noticed on rap genius they have the lyric about E.T. in his backpack wrong. It's "Louis backpack" (as in Louis Vuitton). I don't know how to make changes on rap genius but if someone else wants to, please do.

Lastly, I was wondering if maybe the "cell phone" lyric is just a joke. The music goes quiet when he says it. I feel like there's no way he could've thought that was a worthy line! Maybe I'm just in denial. Either way, D5 is fire!

that cell phone line was dope.

Comment

what do you think is dope about it?

Comment

It has 3 meanings as someone said lately here
        1. Cell phone means Cell phone
        2. Cell = jail so, phone in jail = cell phone. Just simple wordplay
        3. Cell sounds like sell, so it could be conected to drug selling in jail
        I have nothing about this line. It's just simple weezy styled line, With normal word play, I don't know why's there so much hate.

#CARTERVSEASON

Comment

obviously caught the first two, but never thought of the third meaning u wrote there. interesting. kind of a stretch, but ok.

Comment

I don't remember the exact lyrics but he says something about Mack being paid good or some shit like that so good that he is going to start calling him Macintosh which if you don't know is worth BILLLIONNSSS
            BEST RAPPER ALIVE (STILL)

Comment

Ahhhhhhh now I get it. I knew the error was probably me and not weezy.

Comment

Is a play word cell is the jail and cell phone do the play word with cell,it's easy

Comment

Originally posted by Andrea-Weezy View Post
                  Is a play word cell is the jail and cell phone do the play word with cell,it's easy
                  lol no i was referring to the macintosh line. the cell phone one is just simple. but even so, i said above about the idea of "cell = sell" using the phone as currency in prison: "obviously caught the first two, but never thought of the third meaning u wrote there. interesting. kind of a stretch, but ok."

Comment

Well the cell phone line is because i think that he is made of "cells and cell membranes".

And the mack line is like this, my nigga mack makes so much money he is like a Mackintosh rain coat:
                    Originally posted by dametri426
                    nigga jay z lips are average size
                    Originally posted by Waynasite
                    Have you never practiced putting a condom on and masturbating with it on so that when that time comes you won't be a fail

Comment

Working...
                    X