D5 redux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D5 redux

D5 is obviously amazing, but there are certain parts that are better than others and there's definitely a lot of fat to trim. I came up with a great version of it that fits on one CD (if anyone still listens to CDs but me lol), but most importantly it's front-loaded with most of the best songs and somehow just flows better all the way through - almost like a proper album. Not only did I resequence it, but I also got rid of most skits and features (but not all). Now it plays better to me:

1- i'm good
    2- how dedicated (only skit i left in)
    3- levels (cut out vado, so now it acts as a perfect 3-peat style solo intro. starts things on a crazy high note)
    4- pure colombia
    5- bugatti (cut out boo - i actually kind of enjoy it without boo and in this context - just as an interlude)
    6- cream
    7- fuckin problems
    8- started
    9- still got that rock
    10- don't kill
    11- typa way
    12- you song
    13- UOENO
    14- way i'm ballin (cut out everyone after wayne, so now it's just a short bit of fire)
    15- live life
    16- fuckwitmeyouknowigotit
    17- devastation (cut out gudda, so now it opens with wayne and acts as another short interlude style track)
    18- new slaves
    19- itchin

these last two are optional, it's really a matter of taste:
    20- feds watchin
    21- thinking about you

when all those cuts and trims are made then re-sequenced it makes a much stronger listen with a greater impact IMO. it weakens a little at the end, but that's okay with me, cos the first three quarters are pretty much sick and it sounds like more like something from his heyday than the stuff he's been putting out the last few years. i bet if the tape had been put out with this track order and those guests cut out it would've been hailed as best mixtape of the year (which we all know it is anyway, but i mean for the haters - fuck 'em tho). i know people will write back negative comments, but i thought it was dope so i just wanted to share.
    Last edited by no_tom&jerry; 09-05-2013, 11:11 AM.

yea if you cut it to just your favorite then songs then obviously it will sound better for you.

but that would work with any project.

im happy with d5 as it is so imma just leave mine.

Comment

i hear u. i just feel like a lot of the best songs come at the very end of the tape and i usually wanna hear them first, plus there's too many features (not good ones either), so rather than skipping and fast forwarding every two mins i like having it this way too. every time wayne really gets going some other sub-par rapper comes on and kills my vibe. and talkin about killing my vibe, new slaves just should not be placed so early on. it's a weak track. i still listen to the tape in its true form also, but i actually enjoy it a lil more this way.

Comment

Originally posted by no_tom&jerry View Post
        these last two are optional, it's really a matter of taste:
        20- feds watchin
        21- thinking about you
        yea i would keep these off

Comment

Link that shit!

Comment

I just skip the ones I dont like.. I do get how it could seemingly make the overall quality of the mixtape better if a few songs werent there but in the end it doesnt really matter to me either.. You gotta remember that Wayne has a huge audience to entertain.

Comment

Working...
            X