whoa,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whoa,

the reviews im reading on dedication 5 are terrible.

which makes sense, cos any critic worth his salt wouldnt be trying to rush out a review.

especially w the bulk of dedication 5. which is something i dont think is being fairly considered.

in a conventional long player sensne, 29 tracks farrr too much, and as a long player.

its going to have its lulls. but when you think of the entire tape as a whole.

its almost exactly what any wayne fan want from wayne.

we want him sprawling on as many beats possible, especially after how dry hes been.

to hear him rap on these beats w as much energy as he has been, and the stamina to cover 30 tracks.

it really does feel like wayne has turned himself again, and then, to think that its something sloppily thrown together

is a miss to me too. i dont think the arrangement is perfect, but the biggest lull for me, is actually made up

of some of the tapes hardest bangers, from live life to still got that rock. theres work there.

for the sake of pace, i wouldnt have put them all together that way, cos that booming.. can get monotonous.

but i dont think theres any way you can say theyre weak records, or at the very least say wayne was wack on them.

by my count, wayne was pretty much strong on everything like, percent strong.

and then also overlooked, is the redone industry beats. well first of all.

really? this is where we're at? were complaining about THE definitive mixtape rapper of a generation, who made his name rapping on industry beats, to stop rapping on these beats, cos everyone else is trying to make a name for themselves w free albums?

thats absurd. if kanye and jay, and every one else are gallery art. wayne is the street artist. he takes what you make, and makes it his. this is the MO. and it has been for years, so seeing knocks on that, is just smh worthy.

then anoother thing, is the beats being remade. yeah so what.

what that tells me, more than anytyhing, is that this man wanted to rap on all the biggest and best beats.

so much so, that hed rap on them, even if their remakes. he came hard and hungry enough, to not give a fuck.

that attitude isnt gonna be tangible in any quality control that you can on the sound.

but its the only way dedication 5 gets made, for me, the beat selection, and how the beats came about.

almost encapsulate the entire meaning of the tape, this tape was made by someone hungry, maybe not for money or fame, but at the very least, eager to please his fans.

i really dont know, what more someone could ask of wayne tape.

why do you read reviews?

do they make you change your opinion?

if I like the mixtape I like it, if I don't like it then I don't.

i don't give a fuck what a reviewer thinks of the mixtape.

its all opinions, no facts.

Comment

I hate reading reviews... Cause I know not everybody shares the same opinion that I do, and therefore it would only make me mad reading the stupidity some people write.

Comment

Originally posted by Lil wayne prezident View Post
        why do you read reviews?

cos good criticism can be insightful, can expand how i listen to music, look for things that are there, arent there.

so on and so forth. nobody official has really reviewed the tape yet, so we'll see.

im half expecting the more seasoned critics.. to be more understanding of the tape.. since everyones still on their hate wayne tip.

so we'll see, i think once some of the bigger reviews come in, we could see a tide turning. should be interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by mode View Post
          cos good criticism can be insightful, can expand how i listen to music, look for things that are there, arent there.

so on and so forth. nobody official has really reviewed the tape yet, so we'll see.

im half expecting the more seasoned critics.. to be more understanding of the tape.. since everyones still on their hate wayne tip.

so we'll see, i think once some of the bigger reviews come in, we could see a tide turning. should be interesting.
          [MENTION=3239]Waq1[/MENTION] did a pretty good review.

Comment

If Wayne dropped No Ceilings today he would get hate. Just the way it is nowadays...

Comment

Originally posted by Lil wayne prezident View Post
              why do you read reviews?

because you know easy it is for people to be influenced by a reviewer they enjoy

if they see this and see bad reviews they might jump in the tape the wrong way

theres people out there that dont think on their own and let reviews or others opinions judge how they should like something

so reviews actually have power to push people away from something they could've potentially loved

Originally posted by Weezy_KB24 View Post
              If Wayne dropped No Ceilings today he would get hate. Just the way it is nowadays...
              i was JUST saying the same shit to my niggas

SAME with Da Drought 3 for the most part... its just how people are nowadays, they want to turn down anything he does

but at least D5 is more welcomed by most people than D4 was so hopefully reviewers stop working hard in bringing his shit down

actually havent seen any bad reviews honestly. big sites like HipHopDX and hotnewhiphop rated it pretty fairly and not bad imo

HHDX said "However, Wayne's latest mixtape turns out to be one of the better in the series. "To Wayne�s credit, Dedication 5 is the best the series has showcased since its legendary sequel from seven years ago, even if it pales in comparison. Occasionally, the YMCMB head honcho shows that he still has a portion of the skills that earned him his spot among rap�s elite."

Comment

Originally posted by Weezy_KB24 View Post

thats the funny thing, i think it might be better than no ceilings, but its like people are on auto hate.

Comment

Fuck the reviews, just enjoy the tape bruh.

Comment

i like reviews , i like to see the opinions of others , even though some times they are disrespectful towards a tape/cd/movie.
                    also why you're leaving a gap between your lines ?

Comment

Half these people reviewing a MIXTAPE, not an album, a MIXTAPE, didn't start listening to Wayne until maybe 08, and they take his words way too literal.

I remember I read on review of a mixtape a couple years ago talking about how they didn't like how Wayne "started talking about killing people and such".....Um, the man's been doing that his whole career and you're just now catching on to it?

Get out of here with that ish.

The way I judge MIXTAPES like the type Wayne makes is if I listen to the MIXTAPE and afterwards if I hear a beat that was on the MIXTAPE and Wayne's verse pops in my head instead of the original version. He accomplished that for me on this, therefore it's a success.

Also a lot of the "reviewers" talking shit about Wayne's content haven't heard that songs that Wayne is remixing so they don't realize that he's pretty much rapping the style that the original artist did, just doing it better and with less effort.
                      "Hoppin' off the boat, meetin' Papi at the docks. He tell me I'm gainin' weight, I tell him I'm gettin' paid."

Comment

Originally posted by wfbpcb View Post
                        The way I judge MIXTAPES like the type Wayne makes is if I listen to the MIXTAPE and afterwards if I hear a beat that was on the MIXTAPE and Wayne's verse pops in my head instead of the original version. He accomplished that for me on this, therefore it's a success.

Comment

Working...
                        X