Dr. Carter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dr. Carter

I think this track is slept on in Hip Hop in general. Yeah it was on the most anticipated album of 2008, but I feel others (aside from his fans and some outside of that) overlooked this track.

This is definitely an instant CLASSIC.. and I'm talking on an unbiased perspective. It just struck me (even tho I already knew) that he played the role of a doctor and literally throughout the whole song giving the mystery patient several treatments that would save its life, then in the end we found out the patient was Hip Hop and he successfully revived it and the artists in it.

This has to go down as one of the best tracks imo. Sure there's songs about people's childhood, struggles, heartbreak, etc. but this is just such a creative and innovative track and far ahead of its time. No artist has done something of this level ever. This track just went perfectly with Wayne's attitude/cockiness and just showed how much of a dominating artist he was in his prime.

Not much of any news but just re-shining some light onto this song I feel is slept on. After all this is a Lil Wayne board and this is a general discussion.

did you hear what talib kweli said about weezy? he used this song to shut up a weezy hater.

Comment

When I first heard it I was like "Did he just revive hip-hop in one song?"
      Official Lil Wayne Rap Genius Thread: http://www.lilwaynehq.com/forums/lil...s-respect.html

Comment

Just listened to it again

damn... it gets better everytime
        Originally posted by dametri426
        nigga jay z lips are average size
        Originally posted by Waynasite
        Have you never practiced putting a condom on and masturbating with it on so that when that time comes you won't be a fail

Comment

its crazy

he kept on subject the whole time

still dont understand why he mentioned jeezy and swizz on the track

did swizz help kanye produce it? and was jeezy supposed to be featured on it?

Comment

Originally posted by Lil wayne prezident View Post
            did you hear what talib kweli said about weezy? he used this song to shut up a weezy hater.
            I thought he used the 6'7 one when Wayne said "Real G's move in silence like lasagna"? I heard that when he was at one of his own concerts talking about Wayne

but I prolly missed the one about Dr. Carter

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by WeEeEeEzZzZyYy View Post
            its crazy

idk

but one of my fav parts of the song was this

"Cause you can get through anything if Magic made it
            And that was called recycling, or re-reciting
            Something cause you just like it, so you say it just like it
            Some say it's biting, but I say it's enlightening
            Besides, Dr. Kanye West is one of the brightest"

Comment

Yeah I was listening to this today and was just asking myself how aint this a classic HipHop song the way he just flows through the song is just amazing. Trying to save HipHop and shit. Shits just real good and tbh I overlooked this song, but today I realized its greatness

Comment

Originally posted by sealneaward View Post
                When I first heard it I was like "Did he just revive hip-hop in one song?"
                He literally just revived Hip Hop in one song now that I think about it lol, thats crazy.

Originally posted by TinyPenisProductions View Post
                Just listened to it again

damn... it gets better everytime
                forreal

I'm boutta bump this song so much and put so many niggas onto this shit

Comment

Originally posted by YM Salute View Post
                  He literally just revived Hip Hop in one song now that I think about it lol, thats crazy.

forreal

I'm boutta bump this song so much and put so many niggas onto this shit
                  My brother hates Wayne with a deep ass passion (prolly because i like him) but when i showed him this song he goes "This one decent song doesn't make up for his other horrible songs"... and im like
                  Have you never practiced putting a condom on and masturbating with it on so that when that time comes you won't be a fail

Comment

Originally posted by TinyPenisProductions View Post
                    My brother hates Wayne with a deep ass passion (prolly because i like him) but when i showed him this song he goes "This one decent song doesn't make up for his other horrible songs"... and im like
                    haters gon hate homey.

Comment

Originally posted by WeEeEeEzZzZyYy View Post
                      its crazy

He was saying that there are dope MC's / doctors out there like Jeezy and Kanye West that are saving hip-hop along with him
                      Official Lil Wayne Rap Genius Thread: http://www.lilwaynehq.com/forums/lil...s-respect.html

Comment

Originally posted by Lil wayne prezident View Post
                        haters gon hate homey.
                        yea it sucks...Im fine with hatin, but it annoys the shit outta me when they aren't open to anything in defense of whoever they hate

Comment

Working...
                        X