Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How is Weezy viewed as musician aside from Hip Hop Music?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How is Weezy viewed as musician aside from Hip Hop Music?

So , Rappers like Kanye or Em have gained a large respect in the music Industry and even people that you wouldnt imagine that will ever praise a rapper do it. Plus they have earned themselves some grammys and some of their albums can be spotted in various lists (top 100 for example lists) among other popular and RESPECTED artists or musicians! Plus if i remember correctly you could spot some rap tracks from Jay-z and other rappers in the Rolling Stone top 500 list.
    But where is Wayne in all this? Is he underrated as a musician? In various sites and articles about top albums wayne was veeeery low in the lists (for example in this site Overall Chart : Best Ever Albums ). I know it's just opinions , but do you believe he has earned a respect from other MUSICIANS (and not just rappers in the past years?) , any mentions and sources from these would be lovely and a kick in the faces of them damn haters!

The best rappers of all time are not that respected in the music industry, as you can see with the amount of Grammys that good rappers actually get. Em is respected because of white privilege, Kanye and Outkast actually makes some of the best music that I've ever heard.
    Even though Jay is seen outside of music, it is because of his business ventures and never because of his music. No one outside of rap has ever heard The Black Album, etc. or a solo Jay song.

Honestly Jay Z, Biggie, Nas, Lil Wayne, and other GOAT rappers will never really be respected outside of rap. I'm really only into Rap & RnB so I don't give a fuck if Wayne is respected outside of rap.
    Official Lil Wayne Rap Genius Thread: http://www.lilwaynehq.com/forums/lil...s-respect.html

Comment

you can't say wayne is underrated, the last two carter albums went platinum first week, nearly every big rapper shows respect to wayne, he has done music with some of the most succesful artists nowadays.
      so you can't say he is underrated, the only thing you can say is that he has too many haters.

Comment

in the music world wayne is viewed as a rapping nigger sad but true I just want him to do a track with a heavily respected musician I would be hyped if he used unreleased Kurt cobain vocal's for c5 that would be dope

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by freakjasp View Post
        you can't say wayne is underrated, the last two carter albums went platinum first week, nearly every big rapper shows respect to wayne, he has done music with some of the most succesful artists nowadays.
        so you can't say he is underrated, the only thing you can say is that he has too many haters.
        " the more I make the more they hate"- jay z

...............bitch

Comment

Originally posted by dametri426 View Post
          in the music world wayne is viewed as a rapping nigger sad but true I just want him to do a track with a heavily respected musician I would be hyped if he used unreleased Kurt cobain vocal's for c5 that would be dope

- - - Updated - - -

" the more I make the more they hate"- jay z

...............bitch
          could you please stop talking bout jay in every fuckin post
          Last edited by freakjasp; 04-06-2014, 02:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by freakjasp View Post
            could you please stop talking bout jay in every fuckin post

catching feelings nigga?

Comment

Critics and musicians atleast respect Wayne, hes worser viewed by fans of other music genres for example people that listen to metal and atleast respect rap music (cuz most hate it) say some shit like "I dont like rap music but yeah there are some good rappers like tupac, eminem, jay z etc but there is alot garbage like 2 Chainz, Rick Ross, LIL WAYNE etc." Fuckin hate it cuz they know only songs like Lollipop but they never heard D2, C2 or DD3.

Comment

all the rappers that are considered "great" have all said wayne is great

Lil Wayne Compliments From Other Rappers

Comment

Originally posted by dametri426 View Post
                  catching feelings nigga?
                  lol no, its just annoying

Comment

Originally posted by Black00 View Post
                    So , Rappers like Kanye or Em have gained a large respect in the music Industry and even people that you wouldnt imagine that will ever praise a rapper do it. Plus they have earned themselves some grammys and some of their albums can be spotted in various lists (top 100 for example lists) among other popular and RESPECTED artists or musicians! Plus if i remember correctly you could spot some rap tracks from Jay-z and other rappers in the Rolling Stone top 500 list.
                    But where is Wayne in all this? Is he underrated as a musician? In various sites and articles about top albums wayne was veeeery low in the lists (for example in this site Overall Chart : Best Ever Albums ). I know it's just opinions , but do you believe he has earned a respect from other MUSICIANS (and not just rappers in the past years?) , any mentions and sources from these would be lovely and a kick in the faces of them damn haters!
                    what exactly are you asking?

are people who are not fans of Hiphop fans of weezy?

Comment

Originally posted by WeEeEeEzZzZyYy View Post
                      all the rappers that are considered "great" have all said wayne is great

Lil Wayne Compliments From Other Rappers
                      when did OP say other rappers?

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Lil Waynes Height View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Lil Waynes Height View Post

Comment

Working...
                        X