• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shake View Post
    Your beard is trash

nigga u been here a month fuck outta here pussy

Comment

Originally posted by no_tom&jerry View Post
      any of yall ever had one of those days where you throw on drought 3 and suddenly you get f$%#ing ANGRY?!! Angry because you're like "how could the greatest rapper who ever lived go downhill so far and so fast?!?!" it's like, i know how hard wayne is working on c5 and i hope he proves me wrong, but i know it aint likely. his raps sound like a kid's raps nowadays lol. even something like levels... it might be better than most of his other shit now, but put it up against any 2006-8 track and the truth comes out.. and it's a harsh ass reminder!

i am hesitant to even get my hopes up for c5 because every time i do (since he got out prison anyway) i end up disappointed. and then i run back to the dope embrace of drought 3, d2, c3 sessions.
      Stay listening to Wayne's old music then?

Comment

yeah i do stay listening to his old music. but i keep thinking maybe it'll turn around. in response to the one who asked me if i ever heard d4 and d5, my answer is yes of course i have. i know them inside out, because im a true fan who still listens to shit even when he knows it's not that good. d5 was way too long, had too many features and wayne was too corny on it. only songs i can even stomach are cream, fuckin problems (or whatever it's called) and that's basically it. his take on new slaves was a f-ing embarrassment. the rest of the tape was just blah.

d4 on the other hand i actually liked more than 5. i know a lot of his lyrics were trash on it, but he was insane on it - and in that insanity was some real gems (lines and full tracks). it's the only time i heard any hunger from him in years. granted, he may have only been hungry for pussy (lol) but whatever. still love that energy. too often these days he just sounds like he's phoning it in.

Comment

Originally posted by no_tom&jerry View Post
          yeah i do stay listening to his old music. but i keep thinking maybe it'll turn around. in response to the one who asked me if i ever heard d4 and d5, my answer is yes of course i have. i know them inside out, because im a true fan who still listens to shit even when he knows it's not that good. d5 was way too long, had too many features and wayne was too corny on it. only songs i can even stomach are cream, fuckin problems (or whatever it's called) and that's basically it. his take on new slaves was a f-ing embarrassment. the rest of the tape was just blah.

d4 on the other hand i actually liked more than 5. i know a lot of his lyrics were trash on it, but he was insane on it - and in that insanity was some real gems (lines and full tracks). it's the only time i heard any hunger from him in years. granted, he may have only been hungry for pussy (lol) but whatever. still love that energy. too often these days he just sounds like he's phoning it in.
          You like D4 more than D5? Hahaha your thread just lost its legitimacy.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMaker420 View Post
            You like D4 more than D5? Hahaha your thread just lost its legitimacy.
            That's right, believe it or not, I do. I think they are both weak tapes, but i like the energy on D4 better than D5. D5 was overstuffed in every way - guests, tracks, etc. D4 was streamlined. Yes, there was way too much pussy talk, but for every pussy line (many of which were funny and clever anyway) there was another classic weezy-ism. and this is coming from a 2005-09 weezy head.

i'll sum it up in a nutshell: on d4 wayne was trying to prove that he could still rhyme fast and hard, because he got slammed for c4 being such a snoozefest. on d5 wayne was trying to prove that he could talk about things besides pussy, because he got slammed for IANAHB2 being simple minded and just plain bad lyrically. it's a tough call, because i think cream, levels and fuckin problems are better than anything on d4, but that consistency is not running thru the whole tape. it's a mixed bag, whereas d4 is like a rapid fire weezy machine gun. he spits so much that half of it is garbage but the other half is gold. on d5 it was all too calculated, too try-hard.

the fucked up thing is that once weezy got rid of the constant pussy talk which had reach a new low on ianahb2, it sounded like he didn't have much left to say! that's why i was kind of disappointed by d5. not to mention, i had to make my own fucking version of it, because the track flow of the tape was so bad and crowded with cheesy features. d4 i could just listen to straight thru. less fat to trim.

one area where i liked d5 more than d4 was in the sound quality. d4 sounded like it was mixed with a vacuum cleaner and compressed within an inch of its life. d5 was pristine, like the old dedications.
            Last edited by no_tom&jerry; 04-11-2014, 04:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by freakjasp View Post
              if you don't like his current stuff don't listen to it?

exactly

Comment

Working...
              X