Cough Syrup Taken Off The Market

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cough Syrup Taken Off The Market

Widespread panic in the rap world -- the high-end cough syrup that's become the lean of choice for Justin Bieber, Soulja Boy, and MANY other rap figures has officially been taken off the market ... all because of its reputation as a widely abused drug.

A rep for Actavis -- famous for the highly-refined cough syrup -- tells TMZ, "Given [recent media attention], Actavis has made the bold and unprecedented decision to cease all production and sales of its Promethazine Codeine product."

As we reported, Bieber loves the stuff ... as does Soulja Boy, who regularly posts pictures of Actavis bottles on his Instagram.

The Actavis rep adds, "This attention has glamorized the unlawful and dangerous use of the product, which is contrary to its approved indication."

Before Actavis pulled the plug on the product, the street value of a pint bottle hovered around $800 -- but sources familiar with the market tell TMZ, rappers are now offering insane sums to buy up whatever's left. We're told one prominent rapper has already offered his dealer up to $100,000 to get whatever he can.

Hilariously, being who he is, Soulja Boy posted a photo of SIX bottles on Monday referencing the Actavis shortage -- "Soulja got the juice. They say the streets dry. I say you gotta be kiddin me. I serve everybody."

News flash to Soulja -- As far as Actavis is concerned, its game's over.

Read more: Sizzurp Cough Syrup OFF THE MARKET -- Bad News For Justin Bieber | TMZ.com what are weezy, soulja boy and future going to do now?

Originally posted by Lucifer View Post
    what are weezy, soulja boy and future going to do now?
    Well Lil Wayne doesn't drink it anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by YMCMB357 View Post
      Well Lil Wayne doesn't drink it anymore.
      yea and I don't think Bieber does.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucifer View Post
        what are weezy, soulja boy and future going to do now?
        as my mate [MENTION=79978]YMCMB357[/MENTION] stated weezy aint leanin anymore...
        plus jb is sippin codeine? LMAO

Comment

Didnt Wayne have a room full of these bottles?

Comment

There are other companies that make cough syrup with codeine. Activis isn't the only one.
            Official Lil Wayne Rap Genius Thread: http://www.lilwaynehq.com/forums/lil...s-respect.html

Comment

Comment

They make it sound like it's going to disappear... Not only do other brands make it but if you're rich enough you can get whatever the hell you want. Coke ain't legal and people still use it.

Comment

Originally posted by sealneaward View Post
                  There are other companies that make cough syrup with codeine. Activis isn't the only one.
                  its obviously the best though

Comment

Originally posted by A$AP YAMS View Post
                    Didnt Wayne have a room full of these bottles?
                    He may of done but he don't drink it anymore

He stopped way back before jail

Comment

Originally posted by back on my bullish*t View Post
                      its obviously the best though
                      How is one brand better than the other if they both contain promethazine and codeine?

you can just get other brands

Comment

Originally posted by Waynasite View Post
                        He may of done but he don't drink it anymore

He stopped way back before jail
                        and then he started popping pills containing codeine

''They say they want the drugs to stop but imma major setback when my album drop''

Comment

Working...
                        X