Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think Lil Wayne has the power to blow up an artist?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you think Lil Wayne has the power to blow up an artist?

If he picks one of his young money artists right now and just focuses on them, do you think he can blow them up to be a rapper that can put albums out and do big features?

Im talking about these average rappers no one has heard about, not someone like drake from canada or a female rapper like nicki

I think he could..... he would have to do a few features with them, get some of his rap friends to work with them, promote them on his social media pages, talk about them in interviews, etc

anyone agree with me?

he is trying right now with euro.

Comment

I don't know and I don't think Lil Wayne will ever take the time away from himself to focus on one person like that

Comment

Definitely not right now as he's focusing on nobody but himself... He attempted that with Euro by putting him all over D5.

Comment

Nope no one has

Eminem probably the biggest and he can't

Unless you count 50 cent?

Comment

Originally posted by Lil wayne prezident View Post
            he is trying right now with euro.

Comment

not sure.
              would either say no cause he tries it too hard with euro right now and nobody is really talking about him.
              we'll see when he drops his mixtape.
              i also think euro has not enough potential to blow up.

Comment

Maybe after he retires. If he were to stop releasing music for a couple months then comes out of no where with a bunch of tracks featuring someone new who can hold their own on a track with weezy then possibly.

Comment

no one can just make some artist blow up, they have to want it and be able to do it themselves..

Comment

He made drake blow up QUICKER than he wouldve if he never met him. If not blew upat all.

Comment

Originally posted by medicatedsole View Post
                      He made drake blow up QUICKER than he wouldve if he never met him. If not blew upat all.
                      naww..drake was already known artists with his mixtape work, he helped him a lot, but Drake would blow up with some other label same way, so you can't say Wayne made him blow up..he just acquired him first.

Comment

Originally posted by medicatedsole View Post

truth

if you got no buzz...a wayne feature wont boost you (especially if he killed you on the record)

you got to go on wayne level to keep up with em and get people talking

drake did just that

hell even juelz satana had the ball in his court but let it fade away in the moment with the i cant feel my face.. ... while wayne used it for C3

you got to bring your own following and something hott to the table already

nicki & tyga do so also

Comment

Working...
                        X