Sigel Says Jay-Z Stopped Wayne's "Best Rapper Alive" Pursuit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sigel Says Jay-Z Stopped Wayne's "Best Rapper Alive" Pursuit

Beanie Sigel has continue his war of words toward Jay-Z by accusing the rap mogul of dying down Lil Wayne's past pursuit of being known as the "Greatest Rapper Alive."

According to Beans, Hov is known for protecting his image and was persistent in making sure fans saw him co-sign Wayne to avoid one-sided comparisons.

"A lot of Jay-Z fans are my fans too," Beans explained in an interview. "At the end of the days, [Memphis] Bleek's fake too. F*ck outta here. I ain't trying to hear that. Bleek got the same characteristics, man...Lil Wayne professed the 'Greatest Rapper Alive' [title] and was getting the momentum. Lil Wayne can rap, Lil Wayne can spit, in my point of view. I like Lil Wayne, he should have kept moving with it and then Jay come and tell Lil Wayne he gonna pass the paton to him [then] Lil Wayne falls back...Kanye [West] coming at you, if you listen to the 'Big Brother' record, it's the same thing...That's one thing about me, I ain't no liar and [Jay] knows that sh*t...Go back to the B.Coming record, 'I Can't Go On This Way,' listen to the beginning of that record. All you gotta do is listen to it, trust, karma, team, us, Roc, solid, d*mn, 'D'Evils.' Listen to the music..." (G-Unit Radio)

Cash Money Records' Baby also vouched for Wayne saying the rapper's lyrical talent bypasses Hov.

"No n*gga in the business itself make more money than us," Baby explained in an interview. "More than [Wayne], than us. So how could a motherf*cker even want that title if he ain't making the most and I don't think the n*gga can rap better and I don't think the people feel him like that, it ain't about us, it's about the people. I think we do the most. So if I win the most championships, it must mean I'm the best. That's how I look at it, we make the most money. Until a n*gga can come by and say he make more money Cash Money, Young Money, why would you want to say you're the best? And that's a personal pride, you can live with that on your own..." (Rolling Out TV)

Y.O.L.O

Re: Sigel Says Jay-Z Stopped Wayne's "Best Rapper Alive" Pursuit

Y.M.C.M.B Bitchhh
    Syrup, percocet, and an eighth a day will leave you broke, depressed, and emotionally vacant
    Despite how Lil' Wayne lives
    It's not conducive to being creative
    And I know cause he's my favorite
    And I know cause I was off that same mix
    Rationalize the shit that I'd try after I listen to "Dedication"
    But he's an alien
    I'd sip that shit
    Pass out or play PlayStation.

Comment

Originally posted by Stryder
      Y.M.C.M.B Bitchhh
      lmfaoooo...Birdman? lolol

idc for this shit....but how did Wayne fall back? lol.....DVD in 2 days or 5 after shippin
      "Full white top cup full of codeine mix
      Still eat a couple rappers for my protein bitch
      I'm on my so mean shit!
      And you don't know me bitch
      I do it for those who did it before me bitch
      My goon is 'gon ride even with a slow leak bitch
      And if we gettin chicken you get NO piece bitchh"

Comment

Originally posted by Young Money!24
        Originally posted by Stryder
        Y.M.C.M.B Bitchhh
        lmfaoooo...Birdman? lolol

idc for this shit....but how did Wayne fall back? lol.....DVD in 2 days or 5 after shippin
        fall back... like after C3 he almost stopped dropping killer rap songs
        "I am the one, but you don't know it yet"

@Fr3dMartins

Comment

....C3 wasn't that great guys... it only sold a lot because all of the little girls liked Lollipop... sorry to break it to you no hate but a lot of you caught on only after lollipop. got money is a cool club record and a millie is kinda cool but the singles weren't great. 3 Peat, Mr. Carter, Dr. Carter, Tie my hands are all good but C2 was his most amazing album.

Comment

Originally posted by brahmwatson
            ....C3 wasn't that great guys... it only sold a lot because all of the little girls liked Lollipop... sorry to break it to you no hate but a lot of you caught on only after lollipop. got money is a cool club record and a millie is kinda cool but the singles weren't great. 3 Peat, Mr. Carter, Dr. Carter, Tie my hands are all good but C2 was his most amazing album.
            You forgot to mention YET. c2 is his best album to-date. but i think Tha Carter 4 is gonna blow it out the windows.

Y.O.L.O

Comment

....C3 wasn't that great guys... it only sold a lot because all of the little girls liked Lollipop... sorry to break it to you no hate but a lot of you caught on only after lollipop.
              That's kind of true, I know Lolliopop made me turn real attention over to him....but at the same time, you can be 'great' lyrically all day, but part of being a great artist is having fans and getting attention so that people can see that talent. There may be rappers that are underground better than Wayne/Jay etc, but they arent better artists. Plus, rappers can bullshit all day, im sure they wouldnt be satisfied w/just props, gotta get that $$$, and selling power for whatever reason is another part of being a good artist.

But anyway, I think that's why C3 was a great/his greatest album so far...
              http://www.iamshanell.com
              LOG ON AND GET INTO IT!!!!

Comment

I Think Tha Carter II is by a long way his best album and i'm not sure if he will ever drop anything as hot ever again, but who cares really cos he is still making amazing music, Tha Carter III was stil amazing and Tha Carter VI will ofcourse be amazing and even though hes not creating HIS best music he is still making anything better than anyone else in the game right now, Also he produces songs at such an amazing rate its stupid to say he aint the best rapper alive
                I'm a monster i tell you, Monster Wayne, I have just swallowed the key to the house of pain, Now i'm stuck here to deal with the houses pain, Fuck with me I will peel like the houses paint

Comment

Beanie sigel is talking out his rear and anyboyd who believes that is soft too.

Wayne said it himself that he wasnt interested in being the greatest rapper alive anymore in a Rollingstone's interview I believe. I have the magazine tho. He wanted to do more..i.e rock etc after C3.

But now with all the talk of "does he still have it???" He blessed us with No Ceilings which just about blows C3 out of the water and is up there with Drought 3, Dedication 2. I dont know about yall but after hearing No Ceilings its hard to listen to wayne's verses from '08. The flow just isnt there. Neither are the crazy focused punchlines. Now he's interested in being the best rapper again.

Comment

Proves that Jay Z may be scared of lil waynes popularity increasing!

Comment

Originally posted by superman2
                      I dont know about yall but after hearing No Ceilings its hard to listen to wayne's verses from '08. The flow just isnt there. Neither are the crazy focused punchlines. Now he's interested in being the best rapper again.

Comment

Originally posted by Lyrical JRock
                        You forgot to mention YET. c2 is his best album to-date. but i think Tha Carter 4 is gonna blow it out the windows.
                        Nah Lyrically Wayne is still better than alot of dudes but he aint shit compared to Lil Wayne of 2007....No hating cuz he is my favorite.. but he aint the best...He can barely stay on subject...and look at all his recent songs he raps slow and in an Ab AB AB format....the only thing is each line strays off topic...He would say......

Im the lady twister, i kiss her wiskers
                        i been runnin this shit ...blisters
                        what you know bout it, man yall clueless
                        i let two women ride me that car pooler...now that was sick...but no structure...just saying cool shit that rhymes and in some songs that ohk but when you get to more conceptual shit you gotta stray away from the bragging and saying im the shit...i run this....hot like that.....big like this....girl friend like that....u know what im saying ...its gotta be a lil more indept..the way he is rapping right now.. Carter 4 gonna sell, musically he will improve but lyrically he will fall off...He has gotten better musically..but his rhymes now are the same with different metaphor...i mean how many times he gonna say...I running shit now im feeling athletic.....I been running shit blisters....weezy f the f is for.......he got to get a lil less predictable... we cant always tell what he is gonna link his rhyme to but we know there will be a im the shit...or i been running or im on top...or....weezy aka......He still my nigga though..i would just like to hear him get more indepth with his rhymes
                        Mississippi x California x North Carolina

Comment

Working...
                        X