No announcement yet.

Hollyweezy... why all the fuss?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This defo the best tune on the tape, so catchy,best tune for years tbh.... Alphabet bitches taking me back for some reason(obviously not for the obvious reason), one of the best on the tape to.

Comment

Originally posted by WeezySVK View Post
      I kinda agree tbh, I dont skip the track but I never fully listen to it... the beat is good, lyrics are ok not amazing tho but its deff top 5 from the tape
      You should fully listen to it. So dope when he switches his flow at the end. First time I heard the song I thought it was ending then he just starts spittin again. Best song on the tape to me
      FRESH ON CAMPUS

ITS THE BIRDMAN JR.

Comment

Originally posted by no_tom&jerry View Post
        I love S4TW2 and I think it's his best since NC, but whenever Hollyweezy comes on I think about skipping it (along with Drunk In Love). I see soooo much love for hollyweezy here on the forum, but I can't get into it! I know it's good lyrically - that much is obvious - I'm just not feeling the beat or the repetitive nature of this track... maybe it's a little too Young Thug/new school for my tastes. it seems like most people's favorite cut and i just aint getting it...

What do yall like about it?
        its the most fully realised song on the project. its conceptually consistent while still featuring waynes normal freewheeling rhymes. song structure is pretty unique, it flows from start to finish, but not in his usual 400 bars in 4 minutes. theres no hook, but there are refrains.. it moves within itself, its complete.

it is however totally influenced by young thugs givenchy. an incredible song in its own right.

Comment

I love it, but a lot of the time I find myself disliking what is popular so just do you. Don't force yourself to like something just because you want to "fit in".

Comment

I don't like the song much either...

And nah, that's not how old wayne used to song imo...

Songs like U guessed it and Hot nigga got that old Wayne feel to them...coz of the energy and charisma on them...
            Originally posted by Shake
            Why so negative all the time???

Comment

Originally posted by TCG819 View Post
              You should fully listen to it. So dope when he switches his flow at the end. First time I heard the song I thought it was ending then he just starts spittin again. Best song on the tape to me
              Yeah, that last part is the best IMO.

Sometimes I doze off, that's the lean I'm just snoozin

I'd like to thank the haters for your cooperation
              I got that Doctor Chopper, give you an operation

Comment

Good song just not the best on the tape I think... Alphabet is my fave track on the tape for sure, not certain but I can tell Wayne was happy making that song and it's bumps !!

Comment

Working...
                X