Someone's Review from the Lil Wayne Concert on March 21st

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone's Review from the Lil Wayne Concert on March 21st

Here is the original post on Reddit. This Is The Beginning of The End (My Lil Wayne - Sorry For The Wait 2 Tour Review) : hiphopheads

Saturday, March 21st at 10:00 PMLil Wayne was scheduled to perform a concert on his "Sorry For The Wait 2" tour. This was booked at Revolution Live in Fort Lauderdale, FL.
    We showed up for the event around 10:30 (rappers are never on time). The line was around the block. That got us excited, because we were expecting packed house with Wayne blazing track after track off Sorry for the Wait 2.
    So we waited in line for 2 hours, finally got in. There was a DJ playing some bangers, getting everybody in the right mindset. Drinks were flowing, girls were dancing, it was great.
    Around 1:30-2:00 AM, we're all a little confused. The DJ is still playing. Except now he's playing all the songs over again that we've heard already. I've been to plenty of rap shows, I still wasn't too worried. If Wayne gave us an hour+ of ripping the stage, I would've been excited. I saw him recently on the "Drake vs Lil Wayne Tour", and he brought so much energy it was great.
    Then around 2:30 AM the crowd gets restless. Countless middle fingers, thumbs-down, boos, "Bullshit" chants, etc. People are now leaving in droves. What was once a jam-packed venue is now embarrassingly empty. I've seen Action Bronson in the same venue - who was maybe 1/100th the fanbase Lil Wayne has - and Bronson's room was so much fuller it was laughable.
    Around 3:00 AM, they start setting up a few couches and tables to put bottles/drinks on. Like when you go to a club because a rapper is going to be there - only to realize you're just watchingr him and his friends in VIP smoke blunts and drink. On the stage. Now, Revolution Live is NOT a large venue. The stage is small, and if they're covering it with all that crap - where is Wayne going to perform?
    Around 3:30 AM, or around the 4th time the DJ played "Cut That Bitch Off", Lil Wayne walks out with an entourage (Mack Maine, Ace Hood, among a few others). This obviously gets some people pumped and excited. He proceeds to sit on a couch and spark up a blunt. He follows that with another blunt, just bobbing his head to the different songs.
    He's sitting there until about 3:45 when you see him point to the crows to one of his own security guards. He then makes the "throat cut" signal, and then smiles and waves to the kid in the crowd like "Bye bye". Next thing you now, this kid gets completely blind-sided by someone twice his size (Wayne's bodyguard). The kid was laid out. Venue security took him out, and no paramedics were called. You can read more about that incident here.
    After all that, Lil Wayne finally grabs a mic. It's about 3:45 AM. He says some the next fan who throws something at him is going to get it from him and not his bodyguards (lol alright).
    He then starts with the "She say she from Ft Lauderdale but I'm closer to South Beach", which obviously gets the (remaining) crowd hyped. Then he did the first verse from "Coco". After that, he did his verse from "Only", then his verse from "Truffle Butter", then said thanks for coming out. And left.
    13 minutes. That's how long between him grabbing the mic and dropping it. 13. Fucking Minutes.
    The venue closed at 4:00 AM. Security rushed us all out afterwards.
    Please, do NOT spend a dollar on anything involving Lil Wayne. Do not spend money to see him in concert. Do NOT buy the Carter V. I personally hope Birdman never releases it, and the Carter 6 is the greatest thing to bless human ears.
    I called Ticketmaster, as this was an actual tour and NOT a club event. Ticketmaster said that I usually can't open a complaint with them until the venue gives them the "recap of the night" (I can't remember what the lady called it). But she said she has received 3 calls just herself, working for 2 hours at that point, handling calls from ALL OVER THE COUNTRY, so they are accepting these complaints.
    This, IMO, was an obvious cash-grab. Wayne knows he's fading into obscurity, and it's happening FAST now. I mean, the Carter 5 got delayed because they didn't think it had enough radio appeal? When did anyone ever think that would be an issue for Wayne?
    Bottom line is, he's washed up, and he knows it. He has a perfect opportunity to tour the country, kill his shows, keep the fans on his side, and just ride the momentum. Everyone wants to be on Wayne's side in the whole beef with Birdman, but he just showed me how much he actually (doesn't) care about his fans. He had no fire - no passion - no soul.
    Fuck Little Wayne.
    TL;DR: Concert sheduled for 10. Lil Wayne doesn't get on stage until 3:30 AM. Venue closes at 4 AM. He smokes 2 blunts, performs half of 4 songs, leaves.
    edit: Here is a link from the Broward/Palm Beach New Times which gives a similar rendition: Link
    This kind of has me a bit disappointed. I was really looking forward to seeing him in Cleveland, I hope this entire tour isn't like this. I'll definitely need to read some other reviews.

Originally posted by weezylax View Post
    This kind of has me a bit disappointed. I was really looking forward to seeing him in Cleveland, I hope this entire tour isn't like this. I'll definitely need to read some other reviews.
    sorry to say it is friend. he performed the same 4 songs in tampa and tallahassee

Comment

damn that review seems harsh but it also seems to be true

Comment

Originally posted by Lucifer View Post
        sorry to say it is friend. he performed the same 4 songs in tampa and tallahassee
        Damn. That's pretty fucked up of him.

Comment

so Wayne is pretty much the opposite of J. Cole lol

Comment

Originally posted by weezylax View Post
            Here is the original post on Reddit. This Is The Beginning of The End (My Lil Wayne - Sorry For The Wait 2 Tour Review) : hiphopheads

But your sig.....

Comment

Wasn't that event where he called himself the best rapper alive recent?

That seemed cool

It's Tunechi Homie, Master Of Ceremonies.

Comment

Fuck Wayne. Terrible showman.

Comment

Originally posted by LilTunƎchi View Post
                  Wasn't that event where he called himself the best rapper alive recent?

That seemed cool
                  Tampa

Comment

Ouch..

Ace hood? That's not ace hood is it? What would ace hood be part of Waynes entourage?

Comment

Knew the night would have been a mess damn

Please, do NOT spend a dollar on anything involving Lil Wayne. Do not spend money to see him in concert. Do NOT buy the Carter V. I personally hope Birdman never releases it, and the Carter 6 is the greatest thing to bless human ears.

@nickiminajsitonmyface did you write this?

i guess he has his gritty rough charisma back which is cool but the guy cant hop on songs and say shit like "im nothing without my fans" and then do a complete disservice like this and get some guy knocked out and play 4 songs then leave thats a joke man night sounds like it would have been hell
                      Last edited by Zimmie; 03-24-2015, 06:37 AM.

#FREEVELVET

Comment

the last part of the review was very unnecessary tho. i mean we get it you're pissed but that's fucked up:

"do NOT spend a dollar on anything involving Lil Wayne. Do not spend money to see him in concert. Do NOT buy the Carter V. I personally hope Birdman never releases it, and the Carter 6 is the greatest thing to bless human ears."

this is the 1st time i hear something negative about a wayne show, he always puts in crazy energy.

Comment

Working...
                        X