Lil Wayne is the best rapper alive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lil Wayne is the best rapper alive

I mean as of right now, Wayne is the best rapper alive. No other rapper has the diversity, flow, wordplay, or creativity. Empirically speaking, he succeeds at all levels. Whoever you compare him to, right now he would beat that person.

Kendrick doesn't have the skill
    Drake doesn't have the flow or depth of wordplay
    Jay-Z is in semi retirement
    Kanye never been able to
    Nas chilln
    Has surpassed Em

And nobody else is worth mention.

I think I will safely conclude that after his display of mixtape weezy on s4tw2, slaughtering features and a flash of greatness unseen since C3 on fwa, it's safe to say he's not back in rare form. He's in new form. The best of today.

What comes easy, won't Last. What Lasts won't come easy.

Originally posted by ChrisBLawyer View Post
    I mean as of right now, Wayne is the best rapper alive. No other rapper has the diversity, flow, wordplay, or creativity. Empirically speaking, he succeeds at all levels. Whoever you compare him to, right now he would beat that person.

Kanye never been able to
    Nas chilln
    Has surpassed Em

I think I will safely conclude that after his display of mixtape weezy on s4tw2, slaughtering features and a flash of greatness unseen since C3 on fwa, it's safe to say he's not back in rare form. He's in new form. The best of today.

i got him as the goat. nearly hands down.

kendricks no 2. right now. tho i wouldnt say he doesnt have the skill. hes plenty skilled.

my thing w kendrick.. is take the song u for example. brilliant song. awesome. id guess he ftried to record that.. a good 10 15 times at least to get it perfect.

id bet wayne could deliver that verse.. w all the emotional rawness.. in one take.

how do you quantify that? how do you explain that to someone.. when talking about why wayne is the best.. its hard.

Comment

Yeah i agree
      Damn 2015 has been a great dear so far

Comment

he easily the best of 2015, ain't no one coming close to weezys raps this year.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Weezy_KB24 View Post
            lol

Comment

If you made this thread before FWA i wouldn't have agreed, but now yea i think i do. FWA had me thinking no fucking one from the hip hop vets can still do this and come with straight heat. Wayne the goat.

It's Tunechi Homie, Master Of Ceremonies.

Comment

Originally posted by LilTunƎchi View Post
                If you made this thread before FWA i wouldn't have agreed, but now yea i think i do. FWA had me thinking no fucking one from the hip hop vets can still do this and come with straight heat. Wayne the goat.
                Lol why? Glory was one of the best songs of the year (if not the best), ps not to mention the amazing features.

No one was rapping better than him before FWA tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by legendarytunechi View Post
                  Lol why? Glory was one of the best songs of the year (if not the best), ps not to mention the amazing features.

No one was rapping better than him before FWA tbh.
                  Idk maybe cause it was a while since he dropped a 8-9/10 album

It's Tunechi Homie, Master Of Ceremonies.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisBLawyer View Post

Kanye never been able to
                    Nas chilln
                    Has surpassed Em

Has surpassed eminem how?
                    Kendrick doesn't have the skill? You not listened to for free? Or the insane aggression on blacker the berry?
                    Kanye, technically speaking, no, but in terms of emotion and influence, popularity and insight, Kanye got him covered.
                    Life is good was better than FWA but Nas needs a new album
                    Jay hasn't released a decent record since 2011 but his features have been fire. He is too old to compete now
                    Drake is no chance of competing
                    J cole is too boring
                    Mac miller is technically and lyrically coming for the throne but needs to release a new project. His last three projects have been incredible and easily eclipse waynes last three
                    Killer mike, people sleep on him too much. Vastly different rappers, impossible to compare

The rest: ASAP, Joey, Andre, chance, Los, meek, tech etc etc aren't releasing music often enough, aren't releasing high enough quality, aren't technically up to scratch or aren't commercially successfull enough.

Wayne top 5 as of right now in combined categories.

My list

Eminem
                    Kendrick
                    Kanye
                    Wayne
                    Mac miller

Comment

There's a lot of good rappers out right now but wayne never gets the props he deserves. I mean other rappers say he's the best sometimes but that was cheapened because kanye was saying that about him when he was promoting IANAHB2. And that sucked. So now ppl maybe don't take these cosigns too seriously. But iwish they did. Wayne is doing better now than he has in a long time. The one two punch of SFTW2 and FWA (plus all the dope features) have really confirmed that 2015 is his year. We true fans waited long for this and tbh I wasn't so sure it would ever happen. I always hoped C5 season would bring out the best in him - and it did - but this is more than I could've hoped for. He's rapping at a C2/C3 level right now but with a very new style overall.

Probably ouldnt be happier.

Tell u what's funny. When FWA came out so many ppl on the board here were like puzzled by it. I think we were expecting a straight bars kind of album but he dropped these real songs on us. It was unexpected and really awesome of him. Some of it was so dope it took a minute to hear correct. Luckily for me I realized early on how sick it was.

Comment

Originally posted by Theonlydjorkaeff View Post
                        Has surpassed eminem how?
                        Kendrick doesn't have the skill? You not listened to for free? Or the insane aggression on blacker the berry?
                        Kanye, technically speaking, no, but in terms of emotion and influence, popularity and insight, Kanye got him covered.
                        Life is good was better than FWA but Nas needs a new album
                        Jay hasn't released a decent record since 2011 but his features have been fire. He is too old to compete now
                        Drake is no chance of competing
                        J cole is too boring
                        Mac miller is technically and lyrically coming for the throne but needs to release a new project. His last three projects have been incredible and easily eclipse waynes last three
                        Killer mike, people sleep on him too much. Vastly different rappers, impossible to compare

The rest: ASAP, Joey, Andre, chance, Los, meek, tech etc etc aren't releasing music often enough, aren't releasing high enough quality, aren't technically up to scratch or aren't commercially successfull enough.

Wayne top 5 as of right now in combined categories.

My list

Eminem
                        Kendrick
                        Kanye
                        Wayne
                        Mac miller
                        to me ems music since recovery is wack, maybe his lyrics are great but i cant listen to his songs if he uses the flow he is using all the time (btw i think we had this discussion before lol)
                        mac miller shouldnt be on this list since he didnt release a project in a long time so you cant say he is rapping fine rn
                        so its only kendrick, kanye and wayne
                        ye needs to release his album cause i cant really count him since its only been a few features and some singles
                        top 2 is kdot and wayne and imo i prefer wayne since he is using a lot of different styles and i liked fwa more than tpab even though tpab was better musically

Comment

Working...
                        X