How I know FWA is a proper album...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How I know FWA is a proper album...

When I try to fit in street chains into the album, as dope as it is, I just can't find anyplace to put it! That's how I know this is a well thought out, intentional album that a lot of thought went into. Some ppl saying that the order is too random but I disagree. Wayne albums have always been random. Nothing new there.

Regarding street chains: I can't put it after pick up your heart, because that is the finale to end all finales. Anything after it - even fly-ass street dreams - just sounds WRONG. Only silence sounds right after that work of art. So I put street chains earlier in the album and that doesn't work either!! Every track on FWA serves a purpose and I dare not fuck up the natural order of things. So it just remains a bonus track.

Thats how how I know it's a proper ALBUM. Not some random rattled off shit like shuffle.

valid point makes sense.

Comment

I only have it on my phone and for some reason it automatically was the first track which kinda works for me lol

Comment

Originally posted by no_tom&jerry View Post
        When I try to fit in street chains into the album, as dope as it is, I just can't find anyplace to put it! That's how I know this is a well thought out, intentional album that a lot of thought went into. Some ppl saying that the order is too random but I disagree. Wayne albums have always been random. Nothing new there.

Regarding street chains: I can't put it after pick up your heart, because that is the finale to end all finales. Anything after it - even fly-ass street dreams - just sounds WRONG. Only silence sounds right after that work of art. So I put street chains earlier in the album and that doesn't work either!! Every track on FWA serves a purpose and I dare not fuck up the natural order of things. So it just remains a bonus track.

Thats how how I know it's a proper ALBUM. Not some random rattled off shit like shuffle.
        you say it's a proper album and you can't find anywhere to put the song but yet you say Wayne albums have always been random with their songs lol?

Comment

problems ppl have in the 21st century.....

Comment

Originally posted by Lil wayne prezident View Post
            you say it's a proper album and you can't find anywhere to put the song but yet you say Wayne albums have always been random with their songs lol?
            Yeah I know it sounds like a contradiction, but even in wayne’s randomness there is order somehow. Also, the other side of the same coin is that most of the tracks on FWA connect when you listen in OFFLINE mode on Tidal (when it saves to your device). And if there is a pause between tracks it’s a very very short one, so putting a song that doesn’t belong there is totally noticeable. The closer you get to the end of the album, the more that becomes the case. The last 4 or 5 tracks are pretty much connected and I love the flow they have.

Also, I want to point out that even though the STYLES are randomly sequenced, there is definitely a feeling that it was intentional. Think about it: He’s Dead ends with that voice saying his brain is gone, then immediately (almost without pause) I Feel Good begins… and it makes me smile every time. It’s almost like a musical joke about how insane he is. That happens loads of times too. The end of I’m That Nigga and the beginning of Psycho is another hilarious moment. Then Psycho literally connects with Murda like it’s one song.

So anyway… the one and only place I could fit Street Chains in is right after Glory. The samples even sound very similar. Street Chains sounds like a twisted, fucked up version of the Glory sample… plus both songs are just straight spitting with no real hook to speak of. Personally, I love that Wayne – especially when it comes to starting off an album…. But I gotta say, having He’s Right as track 2 definitely works for me.

Comment

I disagree, i think you're just used to the album right now. those songs does not link together at all lol except for maybe glory and he's dead and the whole cash money thing, and pick up your heart as the last song. But other than that you can remove/play any track randomly and it won't matter lol.

And btw street chains was originally intended for the album but there was some issues with it they had to release it as a bonus track, so..

It's Tunechi Homie, Master Of Ceremonies.

Comment

Originally posted by freakjasp View Post
                I only have it on my phone and for some reason it automatically was the first track which kinda works for me lol
                glory makes a better intro

Comment

Originally posted by LilTunƎchi View Post
                  I disagree, i think you're just used to the album right now. those songs does not link together at all lol except for maybe glory and he's dead and the whole cash money thing, and pick up your heart as the last song. But other than that you can remove/play any track randomly and it won't matter lol.

And btw street chains was originally intended for the album but there was some issues with it they had to release it as a bonus track, so..
                  It’s not just because I’m used to the album, I assure you I was laughing my ass off and marveling in equal measure at the sequencing at points during the first listen at midnight on 7/3-7/4. It’s totally insane. Some of the tracks literally connect – and some of them connect by virtue of the fact that the end of one and the beginning of the next is thematically linked – like I’m that Nigga being a completely off the wall track (hyped up burst of weird rhymes and absolutely psychedelic production) followed up by a bitch singing “Psyyychooo” – that shit is too dope IMO. Plus my other example, which was “his brain is gone” followed immediately by those James Brown horns. That shit is all funny as hell. Plus tracks 10-15 are all pretty much connected together and they mostly have guests, so that whole batch of songs feels like a big posse cut experience with Wayne at the center. Then it all comes to a head with the massive finale.

They even use trumpets at the beginning of “My Heart Races On” to link “I Feel Good” and that. “Thinking Bout You” and “Without You” are also thematically linked, which is very appropriate. Then it bleeds right into “Post Bail Ballin” and the victory run at the end of the album.

You should put the album in Offline mode on Tidal, because then there is no gap between songs when listening. It makes all the difference. They stuck all these songs together for a reason. They flow in a random, but amazing way. I bet most people just stream it off Tidal or listen to a rip of the stream, which ain’t doing it justice – not quality wise OR sequence wise. Tracks 1-8 flow together, then tracks 9-15 flow together – literally. Download it to your phone or tablet and play it off the hard drive. You’ll see.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Lucifer View Post
                  glory makes a better intro
                  glory is the best intro since 3 peat (mixtape or album). 3 peat is in my top 5 all time wayne tracks, so I am not saying Glory is BETTER, but it’s close… and in some spots he goes just as hard and smart. It’s kind of like the midpoint between C2 Wayne and C3 Wayne. Not quite as syrupy as C3, but not quite as street as C2. FWA has almost nothing to do with Wayne post-Rikers. S4TW2 is its nearest relative, but aside from that it’s its own island… more in common with 2005-09 than anything after.
                  Last edited by no_tom&jerry; 07-15-2015, 02:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lil wayne prezident View Post
                    you say it's a proper album and you can't find anywhere to put the song but yet you say wayne albums have always been random with their songs lol?
                    #rekt

Comment

Originally posted by My Hubbie View Post
                      #rekt
                      see explanation above
                      Last edited by no_tom&jerry; 07-15-2015, 04:39 PM.

Comment

I put HollyWeezy and Street Chains just before the Heart song =)

Comment

Working...
                        X