so this is what im talking about.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by @YoungSkilZ View Post
    Beats have always been Wayne's flaw. I feel that's why his mixtapes are always considered better because he usually raps over the hottest beats at the moment.
    not true

Comment

My favorite song off DS2, I don't se how you can compare it though ?

Comment

Originally posted by YMCMB357 View Post
        im not necessarily making a direct comparison, other than the sounds being similar.

what i am getting at tho, is that it seems like everyone gets more interesting production than wayne, waynes so capable of turning anything into a hot song.. that producers dont give him the most interesting music.. whereas these other guys.. get all types of crazy beats, and end up making new, fresher music.

Comment

Originally posted by Ozzie View Post
          not true
          Very True.

My Homies Still, plus many more. Let's not even debate about this.

Comment

Originally posted by mode View Post

to me, this sound is comparable to im that nigga from fwa.

but who's not taking this over im that nigga? this beat is ridiculous. this is fucking mean.. and progressive.. it grinds.. it progresses.. its got that fuckign sqwuack in there.. going crazy.. it drives forward.. the way im that nigga intends too.. but just ugh... nasty beat.

why isnt wayne on shit like this..
            I don't see how you see this is comparable

Comment

Originally posted by Waynasite View Post
              there is nothing comparable dont worry lol

Comment

Originally posted by Waynasite View Post
                it doesnt take much work to compare things that are immediately similar, its when things are mostlyi different, where the comparisons get fun.

im not saying the song is similar, or even saying that the beats are similar, but theyre most definitely comparable.

mostly the sample in im that nigga.. and the bass in i serve that bass.

they occupy a similar sonic space.. then i serve the bass.. has its own little sample, that makes it sound like a torn apart version of the wayne sample. its two sounds, doing something similar as waynes sample.. that at wonky horn thing.

im that nigga is a pretty wonky song, thats where i hear the similarities.

i think i serve the bass is more progressive tho.. the bass never leaves.. the wonk horn comes in.. the keyboard comes in.. the drums are going to work.. the organ comes in..

different tempos for sure.. but the instrumentation on i serve the bass>>

and thats where im making the comparison, id like to see wayne over better instrumentation. his current producers still make beats like theyre stuck in 2007, not a lot of evolution out of those guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Ozzie View Post
                  not true
                  Wayne has sooooo many songs that would have been praised with different beats.

Shit Krazy could have been the next 6ft 7ft with a little more production effort.

Not saying I dont love Krazy.... Just a general consensus.

Comment

I'm that nigga is arguably one the best orchestrated pieces of fluid art Wayne has EVER composed..

Comment

both songs are lyrically average

but beats are dope

Comment

Originally posted by YMCMB357 View Post
                        How do you like this over The Percocet and Stripper Joint or Where Ya At?

Comment

Couldnt make it passed 30 seconds. Your ears must be tuned for garbage b

What comes easy, won't Last. What Lasts won't come easy.

Comment

Working...
                          X