Lil Wayne - FWA (Free Weezy Album) Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lil Wayne - FWA (Free Weezy Album) Review

Review from Dead End Hip-Hop. Mixed bag of emotions from them but some positives though.

If you have never watched any of these guys' reviews you won't know their opinion of Wayne which to be honest with you besides C3 and his features this year is pretty bad they think he fell off and can't do anything and have given his other albums really bad reviews.

However this review even though all of them aren't extremely positive two of them have a very good look on it. One of them is extremely optimistic (Feefo) whereas the other (Myke) has the feeling Wayne could drop another C3 if he wanted to.

All in all I think these guys as a group usually give an album a fair go like if it's bad they'll trash it and if it's good they say it's good. They are slightly stuck in the past with some things like majority of people are nowadays but yeah it's just their opinion on music and where it's at.

There's also a small mention of the TIDAL lawsuit and the Birman situation but they don't dwell on that. I would encourage you to check out their other stuff pretty good.

I think that as a review it's better to hear from multiple people with different tastes at the same time instead of reading completely separate reviews. Like it's a very mixed bag but really open and honest

Last edited by NickYMCMB; 07-21-2015, 01:20 PM.
    Fuck 007 I work 24/7 ain't got time to bond with no bitch

You should post why someone like myself should watch it ?

Comment

A lot of people need to go back and listen to C3 (amazing as it was) and realize that it was not a cohesive album by any stretch of the imagination! Stylistically it was all over the place, just like FWA; thematically it was all over the place, just like FWA; it had ballads, it had pop songs, it had bangers just like FWA. C3 is prob my favorite wayne album, but it was far from perfect! It was also loaded with plenty of cringe-worthy lines – that’s what makes Wayne himself! It’s just a matter of what exactly is making us cringe… are we cringing because of a line like “I taste whatever she left in [her panties]” or are we cringing because he is making another uncreative, lame dick joke like “when I’m naked I got three arms”? The latter is the cringe I can’t stand; the former I can live with all day every day. Like one of those guys in the video said, I like my artists honest… and for me that actually was NOT too honest. I want to know all of the darkness in wayne’s head if that’s what the song is about… that shit doesn’t scare me as a listener. I embrace it. And how quickly we all forget – wasn’t it Wayne who said “I’m a venereal disease like a menstrual bleed” and won a fucking Grammy for it? That right there is proof positive that the world is just collectively not in the mood for Wayne right now. He’s like your friend who used to make you split your side laughing and was a blast spending time with… but then you get tired of that humor, etc. Wayne is rapping his ass off right now, despite what critics are saying.

I wish Wayne had included another few Glory style beats and raps just to shut people up so they could’ve NOT said “Glory was the only good track” etc. The fact of the matter is: Wayne def brought it on Glory, but listen to Post Bail Ballin, Livin Right, Without You, My Heart Races On, etc. These songs are lyrical in the best way! This is what Wayne fans wanted… he gives a beautiful project with a nice return to meaningful dope rapping, but of course that’s not enough. Now people complain that he’s TOO heartfelt, or TOO creepy or whatever. Like I’ve said elsewhere, this and SFTW2 are the first Wayne projects since C3 and NC that I can listen to publicly and not feel embarrassed. And that, for me, is huge. If someone asked me “what’s wayne all about? Show me why he’s considered the best rapper alive” or whatever, I would have no problem throwing on Glory or Post Bail or London Roads, like I would feel comfortable throwing on A Milli, 3 Peat, Upgrade or any other from his golden era.

Comment

Originally posted by YMCMB357 View Post
        You should post why someone like myself should watch it ?
        Sorry man was in a bit of rush leaving work just wanted to get it up. Working on making it more appealing apologies

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by no_tom&jerry View Post
        A lot of people need to go back and listen to C3 (amazing as it was) and realize that it was not a cohesive album by any stretch of the imagination! Stylistically it was all over the place, just like FWA; thematically it was all over the place, just like FWA; it had ballads, it had pop songs, it had bangers just like FWA. C3 is prob my favorite wayne album, but it was far from perfect! It was also loaded with plenty of cringe-worthy lines – that’s what makes Wayne himself! It’s just a matter of what exactly is making us cringe… are we cringing because of a line like “I taste whatever she left in [her panties]” or are we cringing because he is making another uncreative, lame dick joke like “when I’m naked I got three arms”? The latter is the cringe I can’t stand; the former I can live with all day every day. Like one of those guys in the video said, I like my artists honest… and for me that actually was NOT too honest. I want to know all of the darkness in wayne’s head if that’s what the song is about… that shit doesn’t scare me as a listener. I embrace it. And how quickly we all forget – wasn’t it Wayne who said “I’m a venereal disease like a menstrual bleed” and won a fucking Grammy for it? That right there is proof positive that the world is just collectively not in the mood for Wayne right now. He’s like your friend who used to make you split your side laughing and was a blast spending time with… but then you get tired of that humor, etc. Wayne is rapping his ass off right now, despite what critics are saying.

I wish Wayne had included another few Glory style beats and raps just to shut people up so they could’ve NOT said “Glory was the only good track” etc. The fact of the matter is: Wayne def brought it on Glory, but listen to Post Bail Ballin, Livin Right, Without You, My Heart Races On, etc. These songs are lyrical in the best way! This is what Wayne fans wanted… he gives a beautiful project with a nice return to meaningful dope rapping, but of course that’s not enough. Now people complain that he’s TOO heartfelt, or TOO creepy or whatever. Like I’ve said elsewhere, this and SFTW2 are the first Wayne projects since C3 and NC that I can listen to publicly and not feel embarrassed. And that, for me, is huge. If someone asked me “what’s wayne all about? Show me why he’s considered the best rapper alive” or whatever, I would have no problem throwing on Glory or Post Bail or London Roads, like I would feel comfortable throwing on A Milli, 3 Peat, Upgrade or any other from his golden era.
        Completely agree with what you said and it's what I said in the video comments on their youtube. Wayne isn't going to drop a project full of Glory style songs because he's not one dimensional he's diverse as hell. Like you said London Roads, Post Bail and the others he's got some crazy good lyrics on those but it gets overlooked because the tone of the song is "softer" and "a love song" which is total BS but yeah not everybody can appreciate what Wayne can do within one project. Like people been hyping up the Meek album and the Future album. Those projects sound generic as hell and the beats are mostly the same whereas Wayne has like 4 different genres on one "throwaway album"
        Fuck 007 I work 24/7 ain't got time to bond with no bitch

Comment

is it a positive or negative review?

actually I'm still not going to watch it sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by NickYMCMB View Post
            Sorry man was in a bit of rush leaving work just wanted to get it up. Working on making it more appealing apologies

- - - Updated - - -

Completely agree with what you said and it's what I said in the video comments on their youtube. Wayne isn't going to drop a project full of Glory style songs because he's not one dimensional he's diverse as hell. Like you said London Roads, Post Bail and the others he's got some crazy good lyrics on those but it gets overlooked because the tone of the song is "softer" and "a love song" which is total BS but yeah not everybody can appreciate what Wayne can do within one project. Like people been hyping up the Meek album and the Future album. Those projects sound generic as hell and the beats are mostly the same whereas Wayne has like 4 different genres on one "throwaway album"
            100% agree with you too

Comment

i might make a fwa review.....shit everyone else is

Comment

They said My Heart Races On and Pick Up Your Heart were love songs. There's only two "love songs" on this shit lol

Lil Wayne, Drake, Chance the Rapper, Skooly, Rich Homie Quan, 2 Chainz.

Comment

naw i just can't understand reviewers

i hate how they think their opinion is facts

Comment

Let me watch real quick

Comment

That nigga said if you listen to what he’s actually saying in Glory it’s not that good, and then he referenced the “shit” trio of lines. Granted, the shit part is a little goofy, but it’s Wayne we’re talking about here! I still think those lines fit the song well, especially how Wayne uses the same rhyme scheme every time. Not to mention, if you actually listen to what he’s saying in the rest of the song, it’s almost 100% dopeness!!! I hate when ppl just refer to a few lines and let that ruin the experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Lil wayne prezident View Post
                        is it a positive or negative review?

actually I'm still not going to watch it sorry.

for the most part negative except for one guy

Comment

Working...
                        X