Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

do we want birdman and wayne to patch things up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really don't feel any type of way about it, if they can fix it, good for them, they're basically family. If not, won't be nothing to me either.

Two ballers of such a status under one roof is maybe a bit too much, some of yall just mad that the roof happens to be Birdmans.

Comment

Originally posted by WeezyFan View Post
      Nah, but it's been known hes a snake. I didn't expect him to fuck over Wayne, but that doesn't take away his epic skits/speeches, boss status, videos/pics where he tries to be cool but fails so it's just funny to watch and so on..
      so you like him because hes like riff raff but "somewhat real"?

Comment

Originally posted by EatYourSpinach View Post
        Sounds pretty silly to me. Sure it's possible, but I'd find it pretty unlikely. Just a weird rumor that started spreading... but at the end of the day no one knows. Personally I don't believe it simply because if Lil Wayne & Birdman had any marketing sense Tha Carter IV would've been HUGE. Why not pull it before that letdown? Same holds true with IANAHB2. Now they're waiting for Carter V? Why exactly? It's been so long it's been a joke.

The idea that them getting back together somehow translates into sales? I don't buy it. Most people seem irritated by Birdman and at this point if they did get back together and then immediately released any album I think people would PASS on it. TOTAL cheese. Even if it was legit it would reek of opportunism. Think about it. People are already assuming it's some convoluted marketing ploy, if they tried to release Carter V after some sort of reconciliation people would just be pissed. In my opinion a Lil Wayne album without Birdman being involved would only boost sales. Lil Wayne's had a drought and he's only picked up his game as he's distanced himself from Birdman. I sense an trapped artist frustrated in his situation FAR more than anyone at CM being some marketing strategist.

Either way only time will tell. Maybe you're right. To me it sounds laughable, but who knows. What I do know is I got you a link to that Street Chains FLAC you wanted. PEACE
        wow thanks for the FLAC bro. I'll go check downloads now. Fully appreesh. I actually have tidal (had it since it re-launched in spring) but I'm just old school with CDs still.

Re: birdman beef, I guess we just have to agree to disagree. I don't think they'll drop C5 right away, but they'll patch things up and the whole thing will be believable. Remember, C4 season was a very different time because the hype was naturally high. Wayne was coming off a creative peak (not counting rebirth and IANAHB2) and having just gotten out of prison the world was waiting to see his next move. Rather than a grand slam it was kind of a bunt, which began his steady decline. Then D4 came out and it was def more vibrant and lyrically ambitious than C4, the energy was there but so was a new meek mill influenced flow and a flow that was A.D.D.-like. He stopped giving his lyrics that extra pizazz that he had done before. This came to a head on IANAHB2 (Wayne's inarguable low point) and I think by that point it was generally accepted that he had officially fallen off; he had become something of a laughingstock of the hip hop world.

D5 had IANAHB2 style low points (new slaves, etc.) but it also marked the turnaround where wayne began putting the effort in again. While the ADD flow and hyped up trap styling was still rampant, he also demonstrated that he was hungry to be respected again and that he could rap well if he chose to do so (cream, fuckin problems, you song, levels). It wasn't perfect but it was a step in the right direction. Then SFTW2 came out hot on the heels of a year of great features and early-iteration-C5 singles. This mixtape showed the passion, the lyrical dexterity and the hunger finally all in one package.

SFTW2 was a major accomplishment for wayne. It was front loaded with some serious examples of energy, emotion and killer flow (sh!t, trap house, selsun blue, no type); the middle populated with contemporary bangers and new future/migos/thug style experiments (hot nigga, fingers hurting, hollyweezy); the final third, however, was the most interesting part and the section of the tape that thankfully yielded the FWA direction. Like cream and you song on D5, wayne focused on mid-tempo beats which he had historically proven to be his strong point and comfort zone (you guessed it, try me, preach, no haters). This was a natural bridge back to his best work, hence the joyous arrival of glory. Lucky for us fans and Wayne's credibility, he chose mostly mid-tempo beats and flows for FWA (literally everything except he's dead, murda and other brief moments) and a little more dabbling in the new school migos flow (pick up your heart, random moments throughout). But 90% of the album uses the "old wayne" flow. It's almost as if someone said "this works best, wayne. Either flow slow and Classic or kiss the game goodbye!" LOL

I know he's dead is a popular favorite around here, but it's actually one of my least favorite songs lyrically. To my ears it just comes off as a little immature and forced into a certain way of flowing. But luckily for every clunker lyric in that song there's a good lyric, occasionally even a great one. At the end of the day I believe FWA is the best work he's done since C3 by light years. He has finally balanced everything we love about him without making it cringe worthy (save for a few lines, but whatever). He totally delivered on the promise of SFTW2 and I deeply wish and pray that he can maintain this high level of quality - perhaps even exceed it - but doing so will require him to remain on these style beats. It's just who he is; it's his comfort zone and I think he finally knows it.

Sorry for the usual rambling!!

Comment

Imagine If STUNNA***** turned up til Lil Weezyana festival and they said we just been fucking woth you, here C5 is online NOW!
          Dark Shades, Eazy E... FIVE letters YMCMB!

Comment

Originally posted by danielnfl36 View Post
            so you like him because hes like riff raff but "somewhat real"?
            nah, fuck riff raff, he's just epic, don't know how to explain it differently

''They say they want the drugs to stop but imma major setback when my album drop''

Comment

Originally posted by sampojonaz View Post
              Imagine If STUNNA***** turned up til Lil Weezyana festival and they said we just been fucking woth you, here C5 is online NOW!
              That would be sick. I bet they won't admit they were fucking with us, because they'll try to make the reconciliation as realistic as possible... But C5 is waiting in the wings yall. This is the first of like a dozen or two dozen news stories that will ultimately lead to C5 getting released and selling over a million in the first week. They needed to get the buzz going around weezy's name again because it faded away naturally. Now they're almost there.

Turns out this ploy was the best thing that couldve happened to us fans though. Because as a result of them realizing Wayne's image needed work we ended up getting Wayne's best mixtape since NC and his best album since C3. Also I think the bar is raised much higher now than it was on those early C5 singles, so wayne prob remade most of the album. Just my two cents, but I'm in advertising and marketing for many many years now (music too, as a side thing) and I can read these niggas like a book.

Comment

seems like they still cool in birdmans eyes lol

Comment

Originally posted by no_tom&jerry View Post
                  I know he's dead is a popular favorite around here, but it's actually one of my least favorite songs lyrically. To my ears it just comes off as a little immature and forced into a certain way of flowing. But luckily for every clunker lyric in that song there's a good lyric, occasionally even a great one. At the end of the day I believe FWA is the best work he's done since C3 by light years. He has finally balanced everything we love about him without making it cringe worthy (save for a few lines, but whatever). He totally delivered on the promise of SFTW2 and I deeply wish and pray that he can maintain this high level of quality - perhaps even exceed it - but doing so will require him to remain on these style beats. It's just who he is; it's his comfort zone and I think he finally knows it.

Sorry for the usual rambling!!

Damn, at first listen I liked He's Dead but not that much. But now after alot of listens its my top fav track of FWA. The second verse is just goat, and how he does the 'The Xans got me walking round like a zombie' just kills it all man.

Comment

Working...
                  X