Lil Wayne Vs Drake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TUNE KNOWLEDGE View Post
    Not a chance. "Lil Wayne" is almost the stereotypical rap name. Obama "Maybe youre the next Lil Wayne". Even people that dont listen to rap know who Wayne is. From the biggest redneck in the world to the most dark skinned african. They all know Lil Wayne.
    they all know drake too

Comment

Originally posted by Lucifer View Post
      they all know drake too
      I could ask my Parents and Grandparents if they know who Drake is and they would be like.... Uhhh yeah? Ive heard his name or say no. But if I said What about Lil Wayne they would definitely know who he is.

Comment

Originally posted by meandmydrank View Post
        So what I really wanna know is in an unbiased opinion, who's bigger atm in the game, Drizzy or Wayne?
        I know my nigga wayne is huge and will always be huge, but damn don't think anybody can't touch drake rn

your thoughts?
        My thought are exactly the same as what you said

Comment

Originally posted by TUNE KNOWLEDGE View Post
          I could ask my Parents and Grandparents if they know who Drake is and they would be like.... Uhhh yeah? Ive heard his name or say no. But if I said What about Lil Wayne they would definitely know who he is.
          yea mine would be the same but thats because they know I'm a big fan and they've asked me about Wayne before.

im sure if the situation was i was a big drake fan, my grandparents would know drake too and maybe not Wayne.

i think when people talk about Hiphop the 2 names that always get mentioned are jay z and Eminem.

and I would have to say drake is closer to those 2 with his name than Wayne.

wayne also doesn't help himself when he does a bunch of features with nobodies.

drake only does big features it seems now like with Beyonce etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Lil wayne prezident View Post
            yea mine would be the same but thats because they know I'm a big fan and they've asked me about Wayne before.

im sure if the situation was i was a big drake fan, my grandparents would know drake too and maybe not Wayne.

i think when people talk about Hiphop the 2 names that always get mentioned are jay z and Eminem.

and I would have to say drake is closer to those 2 with his name than Wayne.

wayne also doesn't help himself when he does a bunch of features with nobodies.

drake only does big features it seems now like with Beyonce etc.
            he only featured w/ Bey once lmao. Wayne has done that too. (Destiny Child)
            Wayne has been featured on almost every big name (rap & r&b) album or tape.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DSPYe__Xzw

now this is a video from the drake vs lil wayne tour, they battling to see who's hooks and songs are hotter, and man people go crazy over waynes shit, but this was last year.

Comment

Personally wayne for me.
                rn in eyesn of masses, drake for sure.
                until the day drake sells platinium in week twice and has big as effect that wayne has then ima give the credit.
                Wayne kinda fucked up for him in 12-13 cause he just basicly didnt give a fuck. He had lack of motivation and he kept music coming and that music was wack.

Comment

both are worldwide known names
                  but drake more popular right now

Comment

Drake the hottest rapper right now

Comment

Just because you hear a name more then another name doesnt make them good i.e. young thug.
                      Drake will never come close to anything wayne has done in his career.

Ovo isnt anything compared to Ym.

Drake will never have as many songs in his catalog as wayne let alone hits.

He'll never go back to back plat first week like wayne.

He'll never popularize a trend like wayne did with double cups (pimp c/houston started it).

drakes lyrical ability will never even reach sight of waynes drakes got one flow and waynes got a million flows that aint even two stories,

lil wayne breathed life into hip hop when it was dieing and influenced numerous rappers, hes every rappers favorite rapper, drakes just riding the wave of mediocre rappers, being influenced by their flows their styles because thats what "sells" right now. He aint bringing anything new to the game like wayne did and for that reason he wont be around as long or rather as relevant for as long as wayne has been.

Wayne is a bigger artist, hes hotter rn, he has a bigger footprint in hiphop, he is more popular, and has more talent then that golden showers lover joke of a rap artist. Its sad too because he had so much potential to be so much more, and even bigger then wayne..
                      FREE FLOW
                      TOP 6 FAV
                      -
                      LIL WAYNE - BADBADNOTGOOD - KEVIN GATES - FLOW - GUCCI MANE​ - 2 CHAINZ -

Comment

Working...
                      X