interesting how drake and wayne are handling their careers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mode View Post
    i think that thought process would hurt more than help, and im not sure its one that wayne necessarily holds.. his corner tho. those guys seem to be more interested in being beatmakers instead of producers. doesnt seem like any of those guys have taken the leap.

it looks like infamous had the most work on fwa.. and not a single one of his beats are related to another.. which is cool if youre just making hot beats.. but for a solid project, its less than ideal.

i actually dont think waynes style would have to change, hes so all over the place hed probably benefit from a solid background. i think itd be easier for listeners to latch on to, a thread to follow. lol right now, you either understand waynes language, or your pretty much lost.
    infamous had the most work on FWA because he didn't mind working for free

all producers worked for free on that album

Comment

Originally posted by TUNE KNOWLEDGE View Post
      Didnt like Smuckers sound. I get where youre coming from though.
      me neither

Comment

LOL @ using "Smuckers" as referential exemplar. Being experimental, yet cohesive, wouldn't hurt Wayne. And Drake's mixtape is extremely overrated. Still. Hope "Views From The 6ix" is absolutely nothing like it. Or I will buy a physical copy, just to flush it down the toilet with an equally immense turd to match.

Comment

Originally posted by 2006WayneForever View Post
          LOL @ using "Smuckers" as referential exemplar. Being experimental, yet cohesive, wouldn't hurt Wayne. And Drake's mixtape is extremely overrated. Still. Hope "Views From The 6ix" is absolutely nothing like it. Or I will buy a physical copy, just to flush it down the toilet with an equally immense turd to match.

lol smuckers as the "referential exemplar" because im talking about an album entirely produced by tyler, and recalling the tweet where he said he'd like to throw wayne over more jazz.

ie, a departure from his current crop of sounds.

also, maybe, smuckers as an example, because of the lyrics and style of his delivery. its almost hard to imagine him having that kind of condensed flow for a long period of time.. but over tmhat kind of instrumentation.. i think itd be a really interesting project.

Comment

Originally posted by 2006WayneForever View Post
            And Drake's mixtape is extremely overrated. Still. Hope "Views From The 6ix" is absolutely nothing like it. Or I will buy a physical copy, just to flush it down the toilet with an equally immense turd to match.

Comment

I think fans would appreciate Wayne working with more producers like 40 & London on Da Track and other producers that have that slower, trap music sound. Kinda like most of Young Thug's bangers. That's what's hot right now.

Comment

Originally posted by ballakilla187ab View Post
                I think fans would appreciate Wayne working with more producers like 40 & London on Da Track and other producers that have that slower, trap music sound. Kinda like most of Young Thug's bangers. That's what's hot right now.
                i feel like this almost the opposite of the sound weezy should go towards. yeah he makes bangers like that but still

Comment

Originally posted by lilwayneFAN6721 View Post
                  i feel like this almost the opposite of the sound weezy should go towards. yeah he makes bangers like that but still
                  Yea i feel you. But imagine if he makes a banger with a beat from 808 Mafia or Southside that sounds like, say, "March Madness" and it bangs in the club every night....

Wayne's lyrices will be fire on them of course. Just hot and current production will be a good addition to him now, in my opinion. Young Thug & Future getting all the best beats right now lol

Comment

Wayne does not need to change anything at all. What he needs to do is make mixtapes with other artists not albums. Release a mixtape with Fetty Wap, Future, Hell do a fucking mixtape with Drake again why the fuck not. Don't experiment with albums do it with a mixtape to gain hype. If you can make a good few mixtapes with mainstream level tracks then rather that. Just my opinion though. I don't see anything wrong with Wayne and what he's doing when he drops a Carter it sells and gets radio play so to be honest this doesn't really mean anything. If Wayne releases a Carter there's always tracks that will appeal to the mainstream and get radio play it's just whatevers needed for the project.
                    Fuck 007 I work 24/7 ain't got time to bond with no bitch

Comment

Working...
                    X