Did jail time ruin Wayne?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did jail time ruin Wayne?

Now this isn't my opinion, I love Wayne but just a thought really...

before re he went to prison he realeased No Ceilings and people loved it and he went into jail knowing people still felt he was the best.

then the year he went rap changed as a whole, Kanye dropped one of the best albums ever, Drake became a massive name, Big Boi, Rick Ross, Eminem and Nicki Minaj were just some of the names who released big albums that year. If you weren't a massive Lil Wayne fan then in that year he was gone you couldn't be blamed to completely forget about him.

he then released IANAHB which was alright, had some good songs on there but again if you weren't a massive fan was a forgettable album.

It could be argued he went to jail in the worst year of rap for him as he came back to a lot of names being above him.

when he was released from prison his return wasn't anything special, his song with Birdman was terrible and his work rate wasn't as it was (which is understandable seeing as he was away from family for a year).

his then big album Tha Carter 4 was released and it's got very mixed reviews which then led to Lil Wayne trying to skate and release a clothing line.

if he didn't get sent to jail do you think things would of been different? I mean seeing how heavily he was into his drugs he could been dead right now.

no i think complacency did. i do believe losing time away from his kids and family hurt his passion for rap and it was just a job to him. you said yourself he came out and drake and nicki were superstars so its easy to kick your feet up and chill seeing your artist do that

the skateboarding is postive and a hobby but its still frowned upon bc uz of his image just go read his ig comments or some of his skater homies comments under the vids or pics he's in. he been doing it for years and some still look at him like he a poser. 2011-12 he forgot he was a rapper first and someone who skates as a hobby and i think thats still hurting the perception of him to this day. his IG you coudnt tell he a rapper if you didnt know gotta be 90/10 skating

Comment

Seems like you're talking about popularity

Tha Carter IV sold a million in the first week and how many times platinum did it go? lol

Also IANAHB did like 200k or something 1st week no?

If you want an example of a rapper whose career was ruined by jail look at TI.

When Wayne came out of jail everybody was so hyped. For like a week after he came out so many random people kept mentioning it to me. Old Caribbean men being like "eh boi likkle wayne jus done come outta jail ya kno" out of the blue. lmfao. Exciting times they were.

Comment

Originally posted by KnockMeOut View Post
        Seems like you're talking about popularity

Tha Carter IV sold a million in the first week and how many times platinum did it go? lol

Also IANAHB did like 200k or something 1st week no?

If you want an example of a rapper whose career was ruined by jail look at TI.

When Wayne came out of jail everybody was so hyped. For like a week after he came out so many random people kept mentioning it to me. Old Caribbean men being like "eh boi likkle wayne jus done come outta jail ya kno" out of the blue. lmfao. Exciting times they were.
        i think tv hurt ti

Comment

It did for a couple of years but he back now

Comment

Jail didnt ruin Wayne it made him a better human. He may not be rapping like he used to but he isnt dead.....

Comment

he'd be dead if he didnt go to jail...lol, keep it real

dude was soo fucked up on lean, he was finna overdose someday

Jail time helped him tbh..and music wise....either if you think he fell off or not...he was gonna fall off no matter what
              Originally posted by Shake
              Why so negative all the time???

Comment

man... Fire Flame rmx was flames. i jammed it almost everyday for a while

Comment

Originally posted by 1Broskie View Post
                  for real

Comment

Originally posted by 1Broskie View Post
                    and that hustle hard remix.

Comment

Originally posted by Lil wayne prezident View Post
                      and that hustle hard remix.
                      Still play that shit almost every day.

Comment

not "ruin" but "change"

Comment

Working...
                        X