Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lil Wayne not "poppin" as he used to? FWA didn't get off?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lil Wayne not "poppin" as he used to? FWA didn't get off?

First of all, I call bullshit on that 10million stream count for FWA.

I was just going around different hiphop sites, and not many were giving the album high credibility for it.

So one place I checked is rapgenius for glory to see how many views it had, it's about 200-250k, I said wtf? This was the single off the album that was supposed to take off! So it was released before the album, 10 million streams on the album and only 250k people wanted to check up lyrics? I don't think so, yes I know there are a lot of different lyrical websites but rapgenius is the biggest out.

So then I decide to check up drizzy's song because not too long ago I made a thread about who's the bigger one in the industry right now. First song I checked was ofcourse Back to back diss track, which had over 2mil views on those lyrics, and then checked hotlinebling which had over 600k views, I'd understand the diss track would be over waynes main single glory but his track hotlinebling beat it by that much just shows how wayne isn't doing well no more. In my opinion.

What do you guys think

He aint popping anymore because he has been shit for years now...

People have realized he aint never going back to the old wayne we are all a fan of..

I hate them thirsty bitches
    Cut them off like circumcision
    -Lil Wayne

Comment

Originally posted by lilweezyfan View Post

People have realized he aint never going back to the old wayne we are all a fan of..
      Shit is a strong word, are you sure wayne is "shit"?

Comment

You do understand that the people who check out lyrics on rapgenius or any other site for that matter are a huge minority right?

Depends on the artist too lol. So Drake fans are some weird bunch of yolo hipsters who need to read the lyrics from shit like I'm on one..

So in short, sure you might be on to something, but this is hardly evidence.

Comment

you care too much about people's opinions..fuck their feelings

Comment

Originally posted by Waynasite View Post
            Shit is a strong word, are you sure wayne is "shit"?
            "Holy shit i'm the holy shit"

Comment

Originally posted by lilweezyfan View Post

Originally posted by Shake
              Why so negative all the time???

Comment

And true, you can see that waynes last huge hit was bitches love me (if i remember correctly). All the songs he released in 2014 (gotti, believe me etc) didnt chart at all, well besides believe me maybe. But if you look at 2015 he had no solo song in the charts which is crazy cause 2015 has been waynes best year in a long time. But well idrc if people check for wayne or not as long as i can enjoy his music

Comment

I really don't care if I'm the only weezy fan left lol.

Comment

OP: that's why they're doing this whole birdman beef charade, because they realized his name aint what it was... aint even close. they don't want c5 to bomb, so they gotta hype it up, but eventually they gotta just accept that this is as hyped as people are gonna get for wayne nowadays - unless he drops like a crazy massive unexpected single. truth is, wayne is rapping better than he has since 2008-9; better than both IANAHBs; better than C4; better than D3, D4 and D5; better than SFTW1; even a lil bit better than SFTW2 (but just barely - that tape was dope). FWA is a really great album with wayne rapping like he's hungry again and like he gives a shit. it's as close to C3 as he's come since then. But there is a newness to this wayne too. he is doing new shit which is all very good.

Comment

That's Because Wayne Already Hit His Peak

Comment

is emine, jay z, nas, and kanye still poppin?

Comment

Working...
                        X