Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whats in a mix.

This Is What It's Like To Make A Young Thug Mixtape | The FADER

i just seen that post about fabian denying that the problems w nc2 have nothing to do w him. this article about alex tumay and the work he does for young thug does one of two things, refute that as outright bullshit, or show just how many holes there are in waynes process.

tumay is the engineer on hand doing the recording, hes the one doing the mix, and he even going as far as executive producing the project. all fabian is doing is receiving a check like these other weak ass producers off waynes name, and not being overly concerned w the quality of the music.

We're kind of getting into a flow now. He knows that he can trust me on the mix�he has since 2013. With arrangement�like timing, anything like that�he�s like really picky, he knows if anything is off by a millisecond. I had a vision [for the project] and he was like, "That's dope, let's do that."
    [With Slime Season 2,] I wanted somewhere between Barter 6 and Slime Season 1. I wanted to get the spectrum, from one side to the other: From the slow songs�like "Get My Mind Right"�to the turn up songs, like "Big Racks." And I wanted to go from one emotion and then slowly down to a chiller song and then back up again and then even out towards the end�which I think I did, but you can only control your output, you can't control how its received.

look at that relationship, does it sound like theres anything approximately close to that going on with waynes camp?
    really feel like this is an essential read for any wayne fan even if you dislike young thug, think it gives you a peek into the process of why and how young thugs music is being so well received (bcos ppl fking care about it when they make it) and why wayne has generally been panned for his releases.

I think Wayne is so great that he's competing with himself-FWA was also panned-where he used little auto tune and was more creative-he makes his money from performing and in that light sfw2 and no ceilings 2 will get the crowd hype more so he just went for that angle-he's one of the greatest and young thug is new on the scene so the critics won't be as hard on him-plus Wayne has different categories of fans-some people prefer sfw2 to Fwa because of the hypeness and the beats-whatever Wayne comes with at this point-people will complain cuz he can never satisfy all his fans

Comment

We know it's waybe and not Fabians fault

Comment

we dont even know whats going on in a wayne studio session. all we know is that he has skateboard ramps in it so we know thats where his mind is at

Comment

I don't understand ?

Are you trying to make everyone aware of what role a "mixer" has ?

Comment

pointless thread

Comment

Originally posted by WeEeEeEzZzZyYy View Post
              pointless thread
              this article about alex tumay and the work he does for young thug does one of two things, refute that as outright bullshit, or show just how many holes there are in waynes process.

look at that relationship, does it sound like theres anything approximately close to that going on with waynes camp?

the point is waynes camp are a bunch of musical fuck ups riding on waynes coattails, who care about the check than the music.

Comment

Originally posted by mode View Post
                this article about alex tumay and the work he does for young thug does one of two things, refute that as outright bullshit, or show just how many holes there are in waynes process.

the point is waynes camp are a bunch of musical fuck ups riding on waynes coattails, who care about the check than the music.

okay lol but how is posting a thread gonna change anything, legit some of you guys worry and talk about the dumbest shit lmao

Comment

Originally posted by mode View Post

we know homey.

Comment

Originally posted by meandmydrank View Post
                    okay lol but how is posting a thread gonna change anything, legit some of you guys worry and talk about the dumbest shit lmao

what wouldnt be dumb?

Comment

Working...
                    X