Wayne Has Outgrown His Work Process

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayne Has Outgrown His Work Process

I think at this point in Wayne's Career, he's too old to produce music like he did in 04-09 era. I think it's obvious that Wayne's work ethic is starting to come back to hurt him mainly due to the fact he simply doesn't have that many bars left. At age 33, 20+ years in the game, you shouldn't be dropping 3 projects in a year. I love new Wayne music as much as the next guy, but the effort he's putting in his features need to start being put into his albums. We've received over 25 features from Wayne this year and 90% of them or him in his best form. Then when we get to his full projects, we don't get the kind of effort he put into the the feature throughout the whole song. Wayne simply doesn't have enough bars left to record over 70 songs a year like he did this year. He needs to focus all his energy into his full songs at this point as his features aren't enough anymore to gain the respect he deserves amongst the hip hop world and the media at this point. He needs to make a decision. Either step back like Andre 3000 did and only give dope features from time to time, or take the Kendrick, Kanye, J-Cole approach and go into hiding until your confident that every song you put out is at it's full strength and you drop a full cohesive project. We've all seen Wayne's greatness in 2015, mainly due to his features, but no one else is hearing his features except us. They are only hearing his full projects which are at a much lower quality than his features.
    I think at this point in his career, he already has enough GOAT features, but needs 1 or maybe 2 more goat projects to solidify his legacy in rap. Therefore for him, he needs to take on the Kanye, Kendrick Approach and save all those bars, for his OWN projects. I think he's looked much better on other people's projects than his own this year. In addition, at this point in his career, he can't afford to have songs like I'm that Nigga come out anymore. At this point everything that shows up on his projects need to be him at his best because everyone is expecting to hear him at his best.

Just an Example of What a Wayne Project at Full Strength Would Look Like this Year had he Took Time to Put full effort in a Project with no fillers

Glory
    Pour Up
    What You Sayin
    No Reason
    Destroyed
    Hollyweezy
    Post Bail Ballin
    My Heart Races On
    Street Chains
    London Roads
    Living Right
    Pick Up Your Heart

Thats Album of the Year EASILY. As Wayne fans, our greed might be messing up his legacy. Our constant demand for Wayne music in reality might just be causing him to burn out. A prime example of that to me is his Jumpman remix. The whole song was wack except for his flow switch which flashed GOAT weezy. Back in the day he would've took on the whole jumpman beat with that aggression but he simply doesn't have enough left in the tank to make that kind of music at the rate we get it.

What do ya'll think?
    Last edited by jhoya101; 12-02-2015, 10:49 AM.

Originally posted by jhoya101 View Post
    I think at this point in Wayne's Career, he's too old to produce music like he did in 04-09 era. I think it's obvious that Wayne's work ethic is starting to come back to hurt him mainly due to the fact he simply doesn't have that many bars left. At age 33, 20+ years in the game, you shouldn't be dropping 3 projects in a year. I love new Wayne music as much as the next guy, but the effort he's putting in his features need to start being put into his albums. We've received over 25 features from Wayne this year and 90% of them or him in his best form. Then when we get to his full projects, we don't get the kind of effort he put into the the feature throughout the whole song. Wayne simply doesn't have enough bars left to record over 70 songs a year like he did this year. He needs to focus all his energy into his full songs at this point as his features aren't enough anymore to gain the respect he deserves amongst the hip hop world and the media at this point. He needs to make a decision. Either step back like Andre 3000 did and only give dope features from time to time, or take the Kendrick, Kanye, J-Cole approach and go into hiding until your confident that every song you put out is at it's full strength and you drop a full cohesive project. We've all seen Wayne's greatness in 2015, mainly due to his features, but no one else is hearing his features except us. They are only hearing his full projects which are at a much lower quality than his features.
    I think at this point in his career, he already has enough GOAT features, but needs 1 or maybe 2 more goat projects to solidify his legacy in rap. Therefore for him, he needs to take on the Kanye, Kendrick Approach and save all those bars, for his OWN projects. I think he's looked much better on other people's projects than his own this year. In addition, at this point in his career, he can't afford to have songs like I'm that Nigga come out anymore. At this point everything that shows up on his projects need to be him at his best because everyone is expecting to hear him at his best.

Just an Example of What a Wayne Project at Full Strength Would Look Like this Year had he Took Time to Put full effort in a Project with no fillers

Glory
    Pour Up
    What You Sayin
    No Reason
    Destroyed
    Hollyweezy
    Post Bail Ballin
    My Heart Races On
    Street Chains
    London Roads
    Living Right
    Pick Up Your Heart

Thats Album of the Year EASILY. As Wayne fans, our greed might be messing up his legacy. Our constant demand for Wayne music in reality might just be causing him to burn out. A prime example of that to me is his Jumpman remix. The whole song was wack except for his flow switch which flashed GOAT weezy. Back in the day he would've took on the whole jumpman beat with that aggression but he simply doesn't have enough left in the tank to make that kind of music at the rate we get it.

What do ya'll think?
    That's nasty

Comment

Stopped reading after you said he aint got bars left. Wayne has bars for multiple lifetimes.

Comment

That album with this songs on would win a Grammy

No fillers at all

Comment

Originally posted by OllyCarterz View Post
          Stopped reading after you said he aint got bars left. Wayne has bars for multiple lifetimes.
          He don't get tired

Comment

Not like he did in his prime. Yet he's still producing music at the rate he did in his prime. No doubt he's still got bars, but not enough for the VAST amount of music we've gotten this year. I'm just sayin, if you want the quality of music like in his prime, we can't get it at the rate he gave it to us in his prime.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Lil_Massy View Post
            He don't get tired
            He most definitely does get tired which is evident by some of the lazy songs we got. Listening to some of the filler songs on his new projects now, he'll always have a part on it where he snaps, but he cant keep it up the whole song. Once again Jumpman Remix...perfect example
            Last edited by jhoya101; 12-02-2015, 12:49 PM.

Comment

Exactly. Its scares the shit out of me just how deep of a well of talent he has for rapping.. That's his STRONGEST asset.

What comes easy, won't Last. What Lasts won't come easy.

Comment

but his work ethic is still there

Comment

This. I was thinking dis way too but didn't know how to say it. He should have got all da best songs from da 3 tapes (SFTW2, FWA and No Ceilings 2) and put one tape out full of fire like Metro Boomin was talkin bout. Plus, Wayne needs to stop wasting his best verses on features.

Comment

Originally posted by jhoya101 View Post
                    Not like he did in his prime. Yet he's still producing music at the rate he did in his prime. No doubt he's still got bars, but not enough for the VAST amount of music we've gotten this year. I'm just sayin, if you want the quality of music like in his prime, we can't get it at the rate he gave it to us in his prime.

- - - Updated - - -

He most definitely does get tired which is evident by some of the lazy songs we got. Listening to some of the filler songs on his new projects now, he'll always have a part on it where he snaps, but he cant keep it up the whole song. Once again Jumpman Remix...perfect example
                    Thats why its called a prime. He aint in his prime anymore. But watch when he's free from CM he's gonna put all rappers in their places. He's gonna reach a new peak when he's free. It's sad cause he cant even put out an album music video, wayne as one of the most loyalest rapper dont deserve this shit.

Watch him.

Comment

I don't agree.

his bars and work is still there.

its just more he has another passion he cares about too.

Comment

Too old to produce music ?

Comment

Working...
                        X