No announcement yet.

London Roads is the best Weezy track of all time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's only the very beginning. For example, the next time he comes back with that same scheme
    paper/hoes/drive/road he uses the same rhyme scheme and same order of topics, it's:

All I know is strippers. / All they know is poles. PUSSY (again) / soul. Zero to sixty (driving again) And then! he ties in the paper ($) with the rolls (of money) but also pun on Rolls(-Royce)...that bitch got double doors (a safe and a Rolls Royce).

While not his longest rhymes, many of his best and most lauded sequences are strings of five syllables, like
    Played like an accordion / Jane I'm your Tarzan / Lebron James if he's Jordan etc etc
    Well, in this song it's "Two hoes on my arm / Fur boots when it's warm / Church shoes to play ball / Bird food to a dog / Urkel to Big Carl"

Then on top of the puns, rhyming, parallel structure, he has this very real life story about shooting himself contrasted with the frivolous pursuit of $ and bitches. Oh and clever one-liners, built on very common phrases (not contrived like other rappers) that also rhyme:

All my niggas rest in peace, and my enemies rest pleasant.
    So when my niggas creep, catch 'em when they least expect it.
    Mama told me if you run these streets, run these streets correctly.
    Feet don't fail me now; I've never known my feet to test me.

Correct / fail / test.

Then a tribute to the officer who rescued him. It's incredible rhyming, puns and wordplay all at the same time that isn't forced. It's natural language, common expressions paired ingeniously. It has the standard brags but also real heartfelt sentiment and story from his life.

That's why it's his best song. Again, only scratching the surface of the details in the song. Every few lines are at least that dense.

- - - Updated - - -

Not to mention the sick flo in there before the end, which he often doesn't do at all in a song.

Kreston Kent

Author of
    The Literary Genius of Lil Wayne
    #1 Rap Bestseller Amazon Paperback
    #1 Rap Bestseller Amazon Kindle
    #1 Music Bestseller Apple iBooks
    #3 Arts & Entertainment Bestseller Apple iBooks

Comment

Originally posted by Kreston Kent View Post
      That's only the very beginning. For example, the next time he comes back with that same scheme
      paper/hoes/drive/road he uses the same rhyme scheme and same order of topics, it's:

All I know is strippers. / All they know is poles. PUSSY (again) / soul. Zero to sixty (driving again) And then! he ties in the paper ($) with the rolls (of money) but also pun on Rolls(-Royce)...that bitch got double doors (a safe and a Rolls Royce).

While not his longest rhymes, many of his best and most lauded sequences are strings of five syllables, like
      Played like an accordion / Jane I'm your Tarzan / Lebron James if he's Jordan etc etc
      Well, in this song it's "Two hoes on my arm / Fur boots when it's warm / Church shoes to play ball / Bird food to a dog / Urkel to Big Carl"

Then on top of the puns, rhyming, parallel structure, he has this very real life story about shooting himself contrasted with the frivolous pursuit of $ and bitches. Oh and clever one-liners, built on very common phrases (not contrived like other rappers) that also rhyme:

Correct / fail / test.

Then a tribute to the officer who rescued him. It's incredible rhyming, puns and wordplay all at the same time that isn't forced. It's natural language, common expressions paired ingeniously. It has the standard brags but also real heartfelt sentiment and story from his life.

That's why it's his best song. Again, only scratching the surface of the details in the song. Every few lines are at least that dense.

- - - Updated - - -

Not to mention the sick flo in there before the end, which he often doesn't do at all in a song.
      Ok again the correct fail and test thing went way over my head, you need to do this line for line on this song please lol, or release another book

Comment

Originally posted by Kreston Kent View Post

Correct / fail / test.

- - - Updated - - -

this shit is laughable , if u watch battle rap shit liek this would get booed

Comment

You a beast Kreston

Comment

this is amazing, but I still think London roads sucks kinda

Comment

Originally posted by -_- View Post

Comment

Why?

Lil Wayne, Drake, Chance the Rapper, Skooly, Rich Homie Quan, 2 Chainz.

Comment

Originally posted by TyIquan View Post
                  Why?
                  It's the most boring story ever -_-

Comment

It's the most boring story ever -_-

Comment

The best part of the song is how wayne incorporates the "o's"...

Comment

y'all never learned anything about stylistic devices in school and stuff ?
                        acting like this could be coincidence smh

dope work Mr. Kent tho nevertheless

Comment

i think it is impossible to say any 1 song of lil waynes' is his best song ever but put "london roads" in your top tier for sure. the beat. his voice, his flow/flows, the lyrics, the switch up to his fast flow and then into his story telling is all A1 and classic weezy.

this part is unmatched... and people say wayne fell off. smh

hold up,
                          had to switch the flow up
                          had to pour up
                          roll some more up
                          watch me go up
                          my doors go up
                          when i show up
                          why you show up?
                          pick my bro up
                          pick a O up
                          hit the store up
                          get a soda