• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KingEz514 View Post
    Not as good as Wayne's but dope

Comment

Thanks for reading, and uh...

Thanks for reading the book; hope you enjoy it. Your 15 syllable claim is highly problematic. "been sick of sleeping on the couch, in this crowded apartment // them streets been in a fuckin drought, i dont see the narcotics"" ----------------------------- 'A' lines:been/them--YES, sick/streets--NO, of/been--NO, sleep/in--NO, -ing/a--NO, on/fuck--NO, the/-in--NO, couch/drought--YES ----------------------------- 'B' lines:in/i--NO, this/don't--NO, crowd/see--NO, -ed/the--NO, a-part-ment/nar-co-tics,--YES ----------------------------- That's two 1-syllable rhymes (beginning and end of 'A' lines) and one 3-syllable rhyme (end of 'B' lines). ----------------------------- I'm not sure how that compares in any way to this, where 13 out of the 15 syllables rhyme:https://twitter.com/krestonkent/stat...47503145111552
      Originally posted by Thomas321 View Post
      A lot of focus put on the idea that wayne has the longest polysyllabic rhyme in rap at 15 syllables. In Vince Staples song Feelin The Love he has a 15 syllable rhyme: "been sick of sleeping on the couch, in this crowded apartment/them streets been in a fuckin drought, i dont see the narcotics". Of course it's followed shortly by a Wayne reference so take that for what you willHere's the songhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nr_Jz7ae7fs
      Last edited by Kreston Kent; 10-11-2016, 01:23 AM.

Kreston Kent

Author of
      The Literary Genius of Lil Wayne
      #1 Rap Bestseller Amazon Paperback
      #1 Rap Bestseller Amazon Kindle
      #1 Music Bestseller Apple iBooks
      #3 Arts & Entertainment Bestseller Apple iBooks

Comment

Originally posted by Kreston Kent View Post
        Thanks for reading the book; hope you enjoy it. Your 15 syllable claim is highly problematic. "been sick of sleeping on the couch, in this crowded apartment // them streets been in a fuckin drought, i dont see the narcotics"" ----------------------------- 'A' lines:been/them--YES, sick/streets--NO, of/been--NO, sleep/in--NO, -ing/a--NO, on/fuck--NO, the/-in--NO, couch/drought--YES ----------------------------- 'B' lines:in/i--NO, this/don't--NO, crowd/see--NO, -ed/the--NO, a-part-ment/nar-co-tics,--YES ----------------------------- That's two 1-syllable rhymes (beginning and end of 'A' lines) and one 3-syllable rhyme (end of 'B' lines). ----------------------------- I'm not sure how that compares in any way to this, where 13 out of the 15 syllables rhyme:https://twitter.com/krestonkent/stat...47503145111552
        Of course man, it's a book about how awesome Wayne is. Gotta say though man needs an edit, some spelling errors, some references to things previously in the book that you actually hadn't mentioned yet, that sort of thing. Good book though, pointed out some things I hadn't really thought about, most notably the O's in dough is what I got. Anyway, I think in both lines a lot of the rhyme depends on the way they pronounce the words. Obviously back and it don't rhyme, neither do ly and in, nor tryn and wom, a and an, get and i'll, or ye and be. I guess I'm misunderstanding what you're saying with the 15 syllable rhyme. To me it's about the entire bar, and breaking it down so thoroughly has you turning a 15 syllable rhyme into a 13 syllable rhyme

Comment

as much as im trying to wrap my head around this, I have no idea wtf you two are talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by bobtom37 View Post
            as much as im trying to wrap my head around this, I have no idea wtf you two are talking about.
            Im fried whenever I go on this site, wouldnt be surprised if my sentences made no sense at all

Comment

Dude your rapper, whoever he is, made 1- and 3-syllable rhymes there. There is no 13 or 15. Yes, that's how long the lines are, but there's nothing rhyming, no matter how you pronounce it, beyond 1- or 3- syllables. The Lil Wayne rhymes 13 out of 15 with the two non-rhyming mixed in. This is exactly the point of the book: you can use tools of literary analysis to show Lil Wayne is in his own universe in terms of literary devices in his lyrics. Nobody comes close, and certainly not the lines you posted. And this is exactly why I have no idea who he is and don't care to know.
              Of course man, it's a book about how awesome Wayne is. Gotta say though man needs an edit, some spelling errors, some references to things previously in the book that you actually hadn't mentioned yet, that sort of thing. Good book though, pointed out some things I hadn't really thought about, most notably the O's in dough is what I got. Anyway, I think in both lines a lot of the rhyme depends on the way they pronounce the words. Obviously back and it don't rhyme, neither do ly and in, nor tryn and wom, a and an, get and i'll, or ye and be. I guess I'm misunderstanding what you're saying with the 15 syllable rhyme. To me it's about the entire bar, and breaking it down so thoroughly has you turning a 15 syllable rhyme into a 13 syllable rhyme

Kreston Kent

Author of
              The Literary Genius of Lil Wayne
              #1 Rap Bestseller Amazon Paperback
              #1 Rap Bestseller Amazon Kindle
              #1 Music Bestseller Apple iBooks
              #3 Arts & Entertainment Bestseller Apple iBooks

Comment

Dude your rapper, whoever he is, made 1- and 3-syllable rhymes there. There is no 13 or 15. Yes, that's how long the lines are, but there's nothing rhyming, no matter how you pronounce it, beyond 1- or 3- syllables. The Lil Wayne rhymes 13 out of 15 with the two non-rhyming mixed in. This is exactly the point of the book: you can use tools of literary analysis to show Lil Wayne is in his own universe in terms of literary devices in his lyrics. Nobody comes close, and certainly not the lines you posted. And this is exactly why I have no idea who he is and don't care to know.
                So what you're saying is that Wayne did not in fact have a 15 syllable rhyme, but a 13 syllable rhyme. And even that seems debatable considering at least 4 of those syllables don't rhyme, as I said before. Post Tez phone number

Comment

Im fried whenever I go on this site, wouldnt be surprised if my sentences made no sense at all

Comment

vince staples has some good rap songs.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X