Wayne Rapping Style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayne Rapping Style

If there was one rapping style/year you wish wayne would revisit what would it be?

For me I would do anything to get to hear 2006 gangsta weezy one more time. That's like vintage kobe Bryant with the afro. Best rap delivery ever imo. Unmatched and never to be duplicated. So much swag.

Idk what ya'll think?
    Last edited by jhoya101; 06-19-2017, 03:30 AM.

Originally posted by jhoya101 View Post
    If there was one rapping style/year you wish wayne would revisit what would it be?

For me I would do anything to get to hear 2006 gangsta weezy one more time. That's like vintage kobe Bryant with the afro. Best rap delivery ever imo. Unmatched and never to be duplicated. So much swag. Sometimes I question if wayne even has enough swag to do it again.

Idk what ya'll think?
    I feel you. There so many different styles to choose from i feel like my favorite switches up month to month lol but I would probably have to agree with you on the 06 flow. His delivery was off the chain and at that point of time that type of delivery where you switch the flow up and put more emphasis on the way he said things didn't really exist. I feel like that's kind of what most of the new era rappers base their flow/styles off of, wayne birthed that shit

Comment

For me I would do anything to get to hear 2006 gangsta weezy one more time. That's like vintage kobe Bryant with the afro. Best rap delivery ever imo. Unmatched and never to be duplicated. So much swag. Sometimes I question if wayne even has enough swag to do it again.

Idk what ya'll think?
      2015 wayne ❤️

Comment

Experimental wayne making autotuned out songs
        Or
        'Mixtape' Wayne eg Da Drought 3/No Ceilings type shit
        Or
        C3 sessions wayne who was a mixed bag of everything i like about wayne from experimental,gangsta, and mixtape mode
        Or
        FWA introspective weezy

#FREEVELVET

Comment

I agree with everyone in this thread.

I was bumping Kisha a couple days ago. I forgot how dope his flow was on it, eaarrly Wayne and all. It made me think, what if he used that flow with his lyricism in this era? That shit would be nuts!

Honorable Mentions:
          - The style where he almost sounds like B.G. That old CM sound.
          - 2007-08 Leaned out "Best Rapper Alive" Era
          - 2009-10 For the rock influences
          - 2011-13 The "Turn-Up Tunechi / DGAF" Era

Comment

2007/8/9 had that charisma no other rapper ever had

Comment

That da drought 3 mixtape style

You could hear the hunger in his voice and you could see he also enjoyed killing these other beats like it was nothing

Comment

Comment

2015,16,17, 18 Wayne
                  "I dont like to STOP, I believe u STOP when you DIE"......

Comment

Originally posted by ianahbtune View Post

2015,16,17, 18 Wayne
                    But you're favorite song is Trouble, how can you not want him to go back to that year???

Comment

For me I would do anything to get to hear 2006 gangsta weezy one more time. That's like vintage kobe Bryant with the afro. Best rap delivery ever imo. Unmatched and never to be duplicated. So much swag.

Idk what ya'll think?
                      2006 for sure
                      legendary era
                      everything he did was classic from his music, interviews, dress style, etc

Comment

You said you wanted to hear 06 one more time, but I feel like he went pretty much there on My Corner.

Lil Wayne, Drake, Chance the Rapper, Skooly, Rich Homie Quan, 2 Chainz.

Comment

Working...
                        X