Lil Wayne Remixes Have Coincided With 325 Dropped Places on the Hot 100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lil Wayne Remixes Have Coincided With 325 Dropped Places on the Hot 100

With Dedication 6 dropping in just 2 days, I thought I'd have a look at just how devastating Wayne's mixtape run was to the original tracks he rapped over. We all remember Wayne jumping on a track and lyrically assassinating the original song, but are there stats to back it up?

Funnily enough, the track that actually gained the most chart positions directly after a Wayne remix was "We Takin' Over" by DJ Khaled and featuring.... Lil Wayne.

Hm..
    Last edited by ; 02-06-2021, 03:00 AM.

i dont understand?

Comment

When Lil Wayne remixes a single that is on the chart, the single loses places on the chart, because Wayne takes attention away from that song by making it his own

Comment

This is deceiving because most of the time when wayne drops his remix, the original is already played out and was already dropping on the charts. For instance "bank account" already peaked and is on its way down the charts.

Comment

Originally posted by Theonlydjorkaeff View Post
          When Lil Wayne remixes a single that is on the chart, the single loses places on the chart, because Wayne takes attention away from that song by making it his own
          That's sick 🔥🔥

Comment

Originally posted by juiceman25 View Post
            This is deceiving because most of the time when wayne drops his remix, the original is already played out and was already dropping on the charts. For instance "bank account" already peaked and is on its way down the charts.
            hence "coincided with" and, in the article, "correlation not causation"

Comment

Originally posted by Theonlydjorkaeff View Post
              hence "coincided with" and, in the article, "correlation not causation"
              I didn't read the article. For me, I'll never play 21 savages "bank account" again so it definitely has an effect on the original

Comment

good read OP

Comment

wait until d6 drops
                  them numbers gonna increase

Comment

Tunechi haters aren't going to like this

Comment

Are you going to keep an eye on the stats with the D6 songs and original songs ?

Comment

Originally posted by YMCMB357 View Post
                        Are you going to keep an eye on the stats with the D6 songs and original songs ?
                        This

Keep us up to date

Comment

Working...
                        X