Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTF was Wayne thinking in 2012?

you guys remember 2012?

after a legendary run between 2008-2011 we saw the very first remnants of a potential "fall-off" Wayne claimed to focus on skating and found rapping "boring"

what brought around this era still stuns me our dude went from touring with Eminem and selling a million records in a blink to dropping struggle bars on features and focusing on "Trukfit" a skate company even though he had only been seriously skating for about a year..... was a strange era littered with disappointing verses that were constantly littered with weirdly grotesque sexual lines that weren't funny or quirky they were mostly cringe and fell flat on their face

we were given Dedication 4 which is claimed to be his worst project to date and i agree to some capacity it's definitely a stain on an otherwise flawless discography it was only until 2014-2015 that we finally saw Wayne come back into his form and get back to being hungry and determined

what do you guys think made this era? why was Wayne so vacant from his career was it probation? was it prison sneaking up on him what was it in particular that you think made him stop caring and potentially even sabotaging his career in the process?

examples from this struggle era

but lets not forget the biggest mistake Wayne did in this era that brought about more and more implications

Lil Wayne Renews Deal with Cash Money, Readies 'I Am Not a Human Being II' - Rap-Up | Rap-Up

thats right if he didn't renew the contract we'd have C5 by now and probably at least 3-4 more albums lol..... ridiculous

FREE C5 FUCK BIRDMAN

I'm glad we got a Wayne back that can give us things like FWA, Dedication 6-Reloaded and not music like IANAHB2 & Dedication 4

HOLLA
    Last edited by Zimmie; 05-23-2018, 03:44 AM.

#FREEVELVET

I actually liked D4 lol but I wished that turn on the lights was on that tape
    Last edited by Wizzle; 05-23-2018, 03:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wizzle View Post
      I actually liked D4 lol but I wished that turn on the lights was on that tape
      i like it to friend but when we look at it from a legacy stand point its his weakest entry its a nice little short project with high energy you listen to here there for an easy listen but when we think of it as a project all i can think about is the pussy bars

#FREEVELVET

Comment

Originally posted by Zimmie View Post
        i like it to friend but when we look at it from a legacy stand point its his weakest entry its a nice little short project with high energy you listen to here there for an easy listen but when we think of it as a project all i can think about is the pussy bars
        I prefer D4 over trash no ceilings 2 now that’s a true definition of a worst Wayne mixtape today lol

but anyways yeah Wayne has had his worst year like 2012 lol remember when he came out with this?

Comment

Originally posted by Wizzle View Post
          I prefer D4 over trash no ceilings 2 now that’s a true definition of a worst Wayne mixtape today lol

but anyways yeah Wayne has had his worst year like 2012 lol remember when he came out with this?
          i agree with No Ceilings 2 is worse but mostly because of his voice/sound effects the bars and flows better on No Ceilings 2

and brooooo yes fcking easily wayne worst track tbh

also dont forget this

this response to Exodus i mean come on

#FREEVELVET

Comment

It wasn't his best year. I think he was dealing with the problems with birdman longer then we know. I wonder if that was the start of them. And he had enough in 2014 and then those tweets went out. Those skate lines tho. Drove me crazy. Lol. Wayne can love skating. That is his outlet besides music I get it. But please keep that out of the music.
            They can do all they can do but they cant break unbreakable. They scared to face the truth cause they hate the view.

Follow me on twitter.
            https://www.twitter.com/CrazyWeezyFan
            Check out my Weezy series Weezy Mania and other episodes on my podcast Hip Hop In the After Hours.
            https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...533468893?uo=4

Comment

Ghoulish is sick

Comment

He has lots of dope songs/features that year though🔥. But I get what you mean lol. Maybe it was the shrooms or lack of smoking weed🤣

Lil Wayne & Young Thug = GOATs

Comment

still better than all these new rappers songs

Comment

Originally posted by Lucifer View Post
                    still better than all these new rappers songs
                    Facts

Lil Wayne & Young Thug = GOATs

Comment

2011 was pretty bad aswell lol.
                      C4 was a shame to the Carter series, effortless features like Im On One, the beginning of his midlife crisis.

I hate them thirsty bitches
                      Cut them off like circumcision
                      -Lil Wayne

Comment

2012 was the year Tunechi had more passion for skateboarding than rapping

Comment

Working...
                        X