Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Lil Wayne Birdman Drama?

How true is this??

The war between Birdman and Lil Wayne may soon be reignited, because the Cash Money boss is accusing Weezy of being involved in an elaborate scheme to try and get rich off a bigger share of Drake‘s royalties.

Back in 2017, Aspire Music Group, co-founded by Lil Wayne’s manager Cortez Bryant, sued Cash Money Records and Universal Music accusing them of holding out on royalties owed from Drake’s music catalogue.

Aspire said they discovered Drake, and claimed to have a deal in place entitling them to 1/3 share of the net profits from Drake’s first six albums, along with a share of the copyrights. The other 2/3 was split between Wayne’s Young Money and Cash Money.

Last Friday, Birdman’s Cash Money Records counter-sued Bryant’s Aspire Music Group, accused Bryant and Lil Wayne of conspiring with a lawyer named Ronald Sweeney to allegedly gain a larger share of Drake’s profits.

According to documents, obtained by The Blast, Cash Money now claims, “Aspire was simply a shell company,” adding, “There was no business purpose to forming Aspire, other than to siphon profits out of the joint venture and to divert those profits to Sweeney, Bryant, and Carter/ Young Money. Aspire never conducted any business other than getting Drake signed to a record label. Aspire has never signed, nor sought to sign, a single additional artist.”

Cash Money is demanding Aspire’s lawsuit against them be dismissed and unspecified damages for fraud, aiding and abetting a breach of fiduciary duty and interference with contractual relations.

Lil Wayne nor Young Money are a defendant to Cash Money’s lawsuit, which is interesting because back in June, Birdman settled Wayne’s extremely time consuming lawsuit over his record deal for more than $10 million.
    https://theblast.com/birdman-lil-way...shell-company/
    Last edited by ym9191; 08-19-2018, 11:57 PM.

C5 better drop this year

#FREEVELVET

Comment

Not this again

Comment

Originally posted by Zimmie View Post
        C5 better drop this year
        Fuck this better not interfere with that ill have to lose my shit

Comment

Fucking Cortez I swear to god
          I could sell Sweet and Low to Sugar Ray Leonard!!!

Comment

2018 is the new 2014

Comment

Here we go again. C5 better drop. this shit is getting so fuckin old already.
              They can do all they can do but they cant break unbreakable. They scared to face the truth cause they hate the view.

Follow me on twitter.
              https://www.twitter.com/CrazyWeezyFan
              Check out my Weezy series Weezy Mania and other episodes on my podcast Hip Hop In the After Hours.
              https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...533468893?uo=4

Comment

Theres got to be an agreement that lets wayne drop music whilst simulatously sorting these issues in the background lol

#FREEVELVET

Comment

There goes my hopes of C5 dropping this year going away

Comment

well. the lawsuit doesn't seem to have to do anything with Wayne himself
                    so this better not be an excuse to not release music

Comment

Yeah, this ain’t gonna effect C5 whatsoever. Haha There is already a set date... A shitty counter lawsuit about Drake isn’t going to fuck with the 12 Mill and freedom Wayne got. They aren’t that fuckin dumb... C5 the most anticipated project at the moment.

Comment

fuck

Comment

Working...
                        X